IMDb > 11/11/11 (2011) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
11/11/11

11/11/11 (V) More at IMDbPro »

Terrible, do not waste your time.

Author: Dean Ward
22 December 2011

I don't usually mind movies being a little rough around the edges but this one was just terrible. I felt like the producers just said "meh, that will do." and released it without any thought about detail or quality. The visual effects were not just poor but offensive, the plot had huge holes in it (more holes than plot) and the choices made during the story were just insane by any standards. The most annoying part about the whole thing is the ending - or lack of one. The story wasn't wrapped up, we have no idea what happened to 90% of the characters in the movie, and it just plain made no sense. In short I would not recommend this train wreck of a move to anyone.

A real disappointment

Author: OHarel4
28 November 2011

The very few first minutes were promising enough. From then on - the movie deteriorated: unlikable characters, plot full of holes, irrational decisions of the characters and the ending seems like someone got stuck with the screenplay and decided to wrap it up quickly and go home for dinner (don't get me started on the visual effects, either, which, although not being the main issue here, leave much to be desired). I like endings that makes you think, but in this case, my only thought was "gotta warn others from wasting one hour and a half of their life on this".

I guess my main dissatisfaction with this movie is that the storyline did not make much sense, even for the horror genre.

so... don't.

Horrible horror

Author: aguasma from United Kingdom
18 January 2012

It is really difficult to make such a bad movie as this one, picking scenes and pieces from other better movies and putting them together in such a talentless way must have been a very hard work. I started to watch the movie with some expectation and interest thinking that at some point I was going to be grabbed by the mystery or the action, but the truth is that after the first ten minutes I already realized that I was watching one of the worst movies I have seen. The actors are bad amateurs that do not even manage to make one credible dialogue. The film is inspired in so many old topics and scenes from previously released films that it is not even surprising in any way...the whole thing stinks. Horrible experience. In that sense it is really a horror movie.

It's a Movie by Asylum ....

Author: lindsaytomcat from United States
7 April 2012

And thats all you should need to know about the movie. Asylum is known for making the rip-off movies in hopes that idiots like us will mistake it for the bigger blockbuster version and rent it instead.

I LOVE horror movies big and small but Asylum movies make me vomit in my mouth every time I have the misfortune of watching one. There's ANOTHER movie out there called 11/11/11, BTW,written and directed by Darren Lynn Bousman from the Saw franchise. The reviews on it were mixed and I haven't caught it yet myself but I guarantee it's better than this pile of dung.

Again, I'm not one of those reviewers who doesn't appreciate campy horror movies and then complains that it was awful - I truly love horror movies, particularly the bad ones, (think "Bugs" starring Antonio Sabatao Junior bad) but thanks to NetFlix and Asylum in particular I have learned the hard lesson that there are just some movies that are just really THAT awful.

Anything I've seen by Asylum falls into that lot. You want to see more of their ilk how about "666: The Child" and it's horrible sequel (Damien, anyone?) or EXORCISM: THE POSSESSION OF GAIL BOWERS (Emily Rose? The last Exorcist?) HG Wells War of the Worlds (NOT the War of the Worlds blockbuster you're thinking of!) Halloween Night (Not only does it share the Halloween title it shares the same plot line too)Snakes on a Train...

God, the list goes on and on it gets worse and worse. I'm done ranting now, just thought I'd point it out in hopes I could prevent someone else from renting their god awful movies.

Complete Waste of Time

Author: Maria Fahlsing from Lorton, Virginia
14 December 2012

Wow, that was the most pointless movie I've ever seen. The plot is weak, poorly explained, and there are enormous plot holes. The writing is jumpy, which makes the story skip around with little cohesion. For example, when Annie the crazy cat lady next door is asking Nat about her cat, she described it as an orange, then yellow, then orange tabby. Lady, you should know what color your cat is, you batty old dame. It's either seriously bad editing on the script writer's part or deliberate hinting at the woman's insanity.

Oh, then we get to the special effects. Whoever mixed the blood did not get the color, consistency, or clotting factor right. It was too red, too staining, not dark enough when dried, and looked like raspberry syrup or diluted ketchup at times. Also, the dead cat under the kid's bed was covered in mealworms, not maggots as it should have been. Mealworms are attracted to rotting plant matter and only eat rotting meat as a last resort. Like, duh! Nice failure to do research, prop artists. If a dead cat was under the kid's bed in the first place, why is it that no one noticed the putrid stench of death? Lastly, at 3 to 4 weeks' gestation, there is no way that the fetus would have a large, recognizable hand to press against its dead mother's womb. The baby is only the size of a poppyseed. Again, do your research, people! Pathetic!

Then we get to the acting itself. Seriously, where were these people found? Most of the cast couldn't act their way through a 1st grade play of Little Red Riding Hood to save their lives. The fight choreographer needs to go back to their day job, because the punches thrown and how they "landed" look extremely fake.

Lastly, I have major beef with whoever cut this film. Were they asleep at the controls or just not care at all? Did no one review the final cut for mistakes, continuity, or make sure that the film made sense before printing it? A few times, the camera men can be seen in reflections in window panes. The mom blinks three times while lying dead in the bathtub. The cloth with chloroform (I am assuming) over Nat's mouth moves from over his nose to just his mouth and back again a few times during the scene where Annie is trying to kill him.

Plot holes, no resolution, no hint as to what really happened at the end, the movie just ends without any of the conflict being resolved or explained, and the last 30 seconds are just strange and unnecessary.

Seriously, do not waste your time. This movie will just frustrate you unless you want to pretend to be Joel from Mystery Science Theater 3000 and rip this trash to shreds while you watch with your robot pals.

Completely predictable

Author: Asia Lewis (Simplycik) from United States
30 January 2012

This movie started off OK making you question everyone, but takes a quick turn into predictable cheesy movie antics and bad graphics. When the retarded young man was hit in the head with a bat the people were nowhere near him. The father was given so many hints including one in the book that stated every disaster that adds up to 11 stated that his son would turn into the devil when he turned 11 on November 11, 2011. The father was a moron, the antics were cliché like when the wife took a bath & it turned into blood or the son talking to people that weren't there, and the ending sucked in a way that makes me hate this director and shames horror movies, cult movies, and satanic based movies like the exorcism everywhere.

We need something better than this adaptation of Satan-revival story...

Author: jackk3000 from Slovakia
17 January 2012

I'll try be brief. And I think I can do that.

There was some moments I liked, but most of the movie was just copy of many cliché. We've seen that types of Satan sect/legend stories many times, so, I thought, maybe this could be something else. It was, actually. But in wrong way.

It has some good ideas, but all those failed at realization, just before they could be expanded more. Characters were interesting, and actors played them well, but their screenplay decisions couldn't make me believe that person could act this way. Not mention disbelieving CG effects and action scenes. Ending could be interesting even more, but it has something in itself.

Sorry, but we need something better than this adaptation of Satan-revival story.

It isn't Scary... It isn't a Thriller... It isn't Creepy...

Author: s_albert from Canada
4 February 2013

I'm so disappointed to rate this film so low. I love a good Satanic apocalypse! The problem is, there was nothing scary, heart-pounding, or creepy about it whatsoever. In a nutshell, here's the scoop: A family moves to Nowheresville, USA including a 10-year-old boy who's scheduled to turn 11 on November 11, 2011. We know things will go awry when the kid makes the astounding revelation that the numbers in the address of their house total 11 - ooh, scary. So, gradually, the kid (albeit quiet from the get-go) starts acting weirder and weirder as the fateful date approaches, including knowing his mom's pregnant before she does.

There are a bunch of weirdos around town including a dingbat old lady who's continually looking for her cat (which has no relevance to the movie other than its powdery corpse later found under the boy's bed), and the realtor they purchased the house through who ends up being apart of a Satanic cult. How they knew the child demon seed was moving to town, I don't know, nor will you. I know what you're thinking - this might still be okay, right? Kinda like a modern-day The Omen. Sorry, no dice.

So, dingbat keeps trying to lure the kid to her place where she can kill him because she knows he's destined to be the son of Satan. So, the obvious question is, why does he need to come to your place to be killed? Drop a boulder on the kid...hello? Anyway, dingbat strikes out as do several others who try to spill the beans on the local Satanists and find an early demise for their troubles.

But don't worry, the Satanic posse has an inside mole...a nanny who looks like a witch's apprentice (just the type I like for my kids). I love the part when the dad discovers the nanny's manipulating the boy including teaching him about the apocalypse and scratching his body with this chicken claw thing...and what does he do? Why, go to work of course. Call the cops? Nah.

But he'll be sorry, cuz when he comes home, the boy's gone off the deep end and is suddenly looking to open a can of whoop-ass Satan-style. A bunch of people die in a sort of ho-hum fashion, including the kid and I practically fall asleep from the lack of scare, thrill or creep.

I'd like to see this movie remade with the boy just as a normal kid who the Satanic cult insists is the son of Satan. Then it's like a Taken meets Damien Omen -- THAT I could sink my teeth into. Geeze, I should write scripts...Oh wait, I already do.

oh geeze

Author: kleezy2012 from United States
6 January 2013

This has got to be the worst movie I've ever seen. The blood looked so fake. When the evil babysitter beats up the other baby sitter, it just looks so fake. I hate how the boy has no lines in this whole movie. This movie doesn't deserve to even be out. It's that bad. Whoever made this movie should be fired. It doesn't even deserve one star, it deserves like -10 stars. It's just that bad. This movie didn't scare me one little bit. Worst "scary movie" ever award right here. The ending when he kills his son, yes, again looks so fake. The ending makes no sense. So was his son the devil? or was the baby inside his wife the devil they were all talking about? Did he kill his wife and son and didn't know it or didn't mean to? Just such a dumb movie to me. It will never be recommended.

A bad film about numerology and Satan worship.

Author: suite92 from SoCal, USA
10 October 2013

Jack, Melissa, and Nathan move to a new town and a new house in University housing.

At least three of the neighbors knew that Nathan's birthday was coming right up. There's a bad sign if there ever was one! The active hornets' nest was another, especially since the editor keeps cutting to it. The rotten meat in Jack's office desk was a third; the claw marks on the family room wall should probably count as well. The fellow who came by to fix the claw marks takes one look, runs away, gets hit by a car. A door slams shut, followed by windows slamming shut and glass breaking. Good start.

Melissa has an unexpected bleeding event which leads her to find out she's pregnant. Her new doctor prescribes complete bed rest coupled with getting a nanny for Nathan and a nurse for Melissa. The neighbor across the street falls, is impaled, and dies. All sorts of clues come from neighbors and Jack's co-workers at the University.

The nurse is rather sinister, but the nanny Rhonda seems light and pleasant. Denise beats the living crap out of her, muscles in on the job, including stealing Rhonda's mobile phone. She majors in comparative religions and works part time at a butcher shop. Great stuff.

This goes on and on: 'significant event' after significant event, right up to the end. Unfortunately, the film brings none of this significance to fruition.

------Scores------

One star of five; two black holes for acting and screen writing.

Cinematography: 5/10 For daylight portions, the fundamentals were good. The filming during the first ritual sacrifice was hideously bad. The night sequences were spotty.

Sound: 7/10 Probably the best part of the film.

Acting: 0/10 There were so many bad performances. Hayden Byerly was terrible. Aurelia Scheppers was a disaster. None of the adult actors were worth much either. Jon Briddell, as the clueless father, was the worst of them all.

Screenplay: 0/10 Lots of bad execution. Very little of the action makes direct sense. Motivation? Forget that. A handcuffed, willful, incredibly stupid teenager escapes from the inside of a locked police car from the back seat, just second before the car explodes? I don't think so. Jack could have saved his wife by lifting the cord. Jack murdering people to save the son who killed his wife? What goes here? Not logic. The ending did not present resolution or clarification; rather, the ending seemed to deny so much of the rest of the film. The SFX were just sad.