5 items from 2014
The American super model said in a video on 'Oprah's Lifeclass' series that she was not good at acting and it doesn't resonate with her, the Huffington Post reported.
The 48-year-old model said that she discovered that she was not one of those people that loves playing a role in front of a camera.
Crawford added that failures were great gifts because knowing what you don't want gets you one step closer to what you do want. (Ani) »
- Ketali Mehta
- Syfy has announced a new premiere date for "Sharknado 2: The Second One." The sequel to the cult made-for-tv movie will now debut Wednesday, July 30, which is one day prior to the previously-announced premiere. The poster has also been released (above, left).
- Cindy Crawford and Bret Michaels have been announced as "Oprah's Lifeclass" first-ever guest teachers, airing Wednesday, April 2 at 3 p.m. Et (Crawford) and 7 p.m. Et (Michaels) on Oprah.com. Crawford will share the five simple questions women can use to tap into their true passion and potential, plus share her own life lessons and epiphany moment.
- Showtime has ordered a new series from documentarian Morgan Spurlock called "Seven Deadly Sins." The show will feature Spurlock examining the darker, twisted side of human nature -- as Spurlock puts it, a sort of non-fiction "Alfred Hitchcock Presents." It will premiere at 11 p.m. on June 19. [Variety]
While the Own network has become increasingly removed from the inspirational, self-help vibe of "Oprah" thanks, at least in part, to Tyler Perry and Lindsay Lohan and a raft of reality TV programming, Oprah Winfrey is taking her show (namely "Super Soul Sunday" and "Oprah's Lifeclass") on the road. Winfrey has announced the Fall 2014 launch of "Oprah’s The Life You Want Weekend," an eight-city arena tour and "transformational weekend" featuring Oprah Winfrey and a team of special guests. While most arena tours are sponsored by beer brands, Winfrey's are more fitting for her middle-aged mom demo -- Olay and Toyota. Tickets will go on sale to the general public beginning April 7 at 10 a.m. local time at www.oprah.com/tour. “All of my life I have wanted to lead people to an empathy space. To a gratitude space,” said Winfrey. “I want us all to fulfill our greatest potential. »
- Liane Bonin Starr
The Image Awards pay tribute to the best in film, TV, writing, music and literature. Take a look at the full list of winners below.
Winners are in bold.
Entertainer of the Year
Outstanding Motion Picture
Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture
Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture
The 2014 NAACP Image Awards nominations were announced Thursday (Jan. 9) at the Television Critics Association press tour by David Oyelowo ("The Butler"), Joe Morton ("Scandal"), Keke Palmer ("CrazySexyCool"), Bresha Webb ("Love That Girl!") and Gina Torres ("Suits").
The 45th annual NAACP Image Awards airs live Saturday, Feb. 22 at 9 p.m. Et/Pt on TVOne.
The list of nominees:
Outstanding Comedy Series
· "House of Lies" (Showtime)
· "Modern Family" (ABC)
· "Real Husbands of Hollywood" (Bet)
· "The Game" (Bet)
Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series
Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series
5 items from 2014
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners