IMDb > "Futurama" Meanwhile (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Futurama" Meanwhile (2013)

« Prev | 124 of 124 Episodes

Very good ending to one of the funniest shows on Earth!

Author: Theraxorterminate from Sweden
5 September 2013

So here we are, the last episode of the series second revival. I really loved Futurama as much as the Simpsons but Futurama has managed to end on a way I think mostly fans will satisfy with.

This episode was both funny and emotional so go ahead and see it to see what's going to happen.

I really don't want to spoil what's going to happen but I can tell you that it wasn't exactly what I was expecting but quite different from what I really were expecting, which I'm happy for.

It's pretty much sad that Futurama had to come to an end... Again! I have to be honest I was really looking for more adventures. But on the other hand maybe it would be better for the show to end so it wouldn't lose it's quality and become almost as bad like the Simpsons of today.

Thank You Matt and David for such a futuristic fun show! It sure was a great 30th century time with Futurama!

The correct way to end a show: Repeatedly kill the lead character.

Author: Dr Moo from United Kingdom
30 November 2014

I've always loved Futurama since I first saw it and so this was a sad moment for me to see it come to an end, for real this time. On the other hand, it did need to stop now. We don't want it to go the way of Groening's other show.

I pondered beforehand how they might end proceedings and, let's face it, they had their work cutout for them. What they did was just another episode with an emotional heart, something this show has always excelled at, but managed to at the same time give us a satisfying end to the story of our favourite delivery-boy. How the writers managed to do all that in only twenty minutes is astonishing but they did it with incredible success.

This works well as both a standalone episode and a series finale and that is an achievement few other TV conclusions can claim. Well Done Futurama.

First Class Ending

Author: fshepinc from United States
2 December 2013

So often a series dies without an ending -often a season or two before it's taken off the air. Fans may argue about the last couple of seasons of Futurama, but none will complain about the wonderful final episode. The culmination of the Fry-Leela story line was handled with obvious love and respect -for the characters and for the audience. And it was cleverly done in such a way as to leave open the possibility (however slight) of yet another reprieve and another season.

Also of note in this episode are the great visuals. As part of their wanderings through frozen time, Fry and Leela come across snow, and the way the perspective shifts between the two characters' faces and a single snowflake is both beautiful and surprisingly affecting. Again, proof that the creative team gave this episode a great deal of thought and attention to detail.

Maybe more people watched the final episode of M*A*S*H, but this series finale was more reflective of the series as a whole, and much more of an artistic triumph. Kudos and thanks to everyone on the show who made this ending so memorable and so.. right.

A fantastic end to a fantastic show.

Author: rowanwarneke from Australia

WARNING: SMALL SPOILERS

An exceptional ending to one of the funniest shows on TV. Maybe it will be brought back for a second time, but for now Futurama fans can probably walk away feeling more than satisfied.

This episode was one of the best of the series. Well-planned and funny, it wrapped up the story very well.

The Professor invents a time button that allows for its user to travel back 10 seconds into the past. However it takes 10 seconds to recharge. Fry steals it in order to make his proposal to Leela go perfectly, and should she say yes, to make that moment last forever. Things go wrong, and he ends up in a loop of falling off a building. He seems to have been saved by Bender, but then things take a turn for the worse.

A Nice Sweet Ending

Author: MrSpork from United States
5 September 2013

***** ***Some Spoilers Ahead**** ****** This episode begins where the first delivery episode began which is on the moon. Later the Professor invents a button that can send a person back 10 seconds. And Fry asks Leela to marry him. When he places a ring in a giant live clam that chops off her hands he has to use the Professors button to erase the event. After asking Leela to marry him Fry tells her to meet him at the Vampire State Building if she accepts his proposal. It seems that she won't meet him which Fry takes to mean that she won't marry him. So he jumps from the top of the building to end it all because he could't live without her. The rest of the crew come to save Fry. The Professor seems destroyed by the time warping effect of the device. As Fry comes down for a somewhat gentle landing he lands on the Professors button that turns back time destroying it and freezing time. Fry and Leela bring everyone to a chapel and get married. After that they live a long life together very happy till they are old. Late in their life the Professor appears and fixes the time device and they can relive all that has happened,. but they won't remember a thing that happened. The magic of this episode is that we discover what can happen between Fry and Leela. And They say farewell to the fans by telling Fry and Leela that they can just start from the beginning. After the episode aired on the Comedy Central Network the first episode of the series was aired. Fry and Leela saying they wanted to do it all over again was the Futurama crew saying they wish they could do it all again and that there was no regrets. And the starting of the first episode after that was their saying goodbye,. have fun and enjoy it all again from the start. Overall the farewell show was exceptionally well thought out. Very nice.

"AVENGE US." Haha, I love this show.

Author: Cooper Castille from United States
27 September 2015

Thus goes another show I loved watching. This series has had its ups and downs, but it connected with me in a very kind way towards my love for things sci-fi. The finale also managed to touch my heart in the ways I was hoping this series would end up doing. Do I want it to continue? No, not necessarily. It would kind of kill what the finale tried to do. Some fans think that maybe a movie with a "fairy tale"- esque ending for Fry & Leela would be nice to see, but I guess only time will tell. I loved this show and its kick ass theme song, probably my favorite opening theme for a TV show ever(I also love the extended version). I'm sure I'll end up re-watching the series again the future, like the finale intended for fans like me to do. When that time comes, it may be a bit more emotional. "Long live Futurama, Baby!"

The only way it could end.

Author: rjhurd
29 June 2015

There's nothing I can say that has not been already said. To end this series any other way then they did would have been a tragic injustice. This episode showed how much the creators and actors loved the characters and their jobs. I think a revival of Futurama as a series would be anti climatic. A movie or TV special would be a good idea if it picked up where the series finished and gave Lila and Fry the fairy tale ending Fry so desperately wanted. It could easily open with there grown children at there grave sites and retell their story from where this episode ended. This is the only way Futurama could have another story to tell after such a beautiful ending to the series.

The Last One...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
1 November 2014

I have to say that this episode was a great Series Finale. It made me happy and it made me sad. I almost teared up, but then again, I am very emotional when it comes to TV. Especially shows that I've come to know and love. I thought it was a great way to end the show.

In this episode, Professor Farnsworth invents a button that can take a person ten seconds back in time. But it eventually makes a major side effect. Leela and Fry use the button and the whole world ends up being frozen in time. They spend the next fifty years being together, travelling the world, doing everything and anything they ever wanted. It's so sad because at the end, they literally walk off into the sunset. It is never explained whether everyone unfreezes. So, I assume that they don't. The writers probably just wanted to leave us with questions of our own, that will never be answered. It is sad because not only is it the end, but it's a sad ending. And Leela and Fry are pretty much the only characters in the episode, because after five minutes, everyone else is frozen.

Overall, I give this episode a 10 out of 10. A terrific way to end the show.

Still the best finale I've ever seen

Author: hamedazad from Iran
19 September 2015

I watched this episode like 100 times since the series ended, and I still think about it afterwards. I saw a lot of series before, and a lot of them had good ending (and a lot had the worst). But futurama is different. This finale had everything you expect in a series ending. It has the essential theme of the series (smart story, which I say this episode has the smartest plot), it makes you laugh, it makes you wonder what's gonna happen now (when fry is stuck in the loop of falling), and it's very emotional (there were a lot of emotional scenes throughout the series, but the honeymoon was really touching). so, what else can you say about this episode, except that futurama was the most intelligent series ever and it had the ending it deserved. Thanks Matt for creating this show for us. But also, make some more movies for us. I would always love to see these characters in new stories.