IMDb > "Anger Management" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Anger Management"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Anger Management" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

A refreshing break from a flailing Two and Half Men...

Author: mad-bout-movies from United Kingdom
8 July 2012

Charlie's new show is not a masterpiece, nor is it trying to be, but it is better then Two and Half Men's current offering. I'm a huge fan of Two and a Half Men and dearly wished that Kutcher would hold the show, but it transpires that Alan's character is the only thing keeping the show remotely amusing anymore. At least with Anger Management I actually laugh more then once during an entire episode. I never watched Two and Half Men for Oscar performances or for the story line, I just wanted the show to make me laugh and that's exactly what Anger Management does. It's a shame that Sheen and Chuck parted ways like they did, they both made a loss. Some have commented that Charlie is the only one with talent in this show, I strongly disagree, Charlies dysfunctional therapy group has a couple of great actors and the supporting cast, his daughter and ex-wife are great too.

If your just after something that fills the void that the new Two and Half Men has left then you'll enjoy this show, it has plenty of good laughs, just like the good old days of Two and Half Men...'queer jar' LMFAO!!!

Loved it...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: m t from United States
1 July 2012

I'm a big fan of Two and a Half Men, I've watched every episode many times and the show still makes me smile even after many viewings. And i'm not that big a fan of TV in general I cant watch the new Ashton version as it despoils a perfect show.

Sheen is the man, he is the Hollywood bad ass that makes these kinds of shows realistic, Adding creditability to his lines.

I've seen the 1st and 2nd show of Anger Management and it Rocks. Charlie is back and if the show continues with this high caliber comedy it will become a bigger hit than Two and a Half Men ever was.

Good Work Charlie glad to see you back....Keep it up...

one of the funniest comedies at the moment

Author: dayprie from Netherlands
10 August 2012

I never thought that Sheen could pull it of after being a complete idiot when he was fired on two and a half man (which by the way gets less funnier by the episode), but he did it again and makes himself very likable.I think it's clever that Charlie makes fun of his own issues, which makes the show so much more hilarious.The strength of a good comedian is being able to make fun of himself in the first place. The dialogues are sharp and funny. The characters are coming more alive and funnier in every episode. I hope you Americans give the show a chance, instead of criticize so quickly, because I think the show has big potential.

Angry Fun

Author: killer1h from United States
28 June 2012

OK, so right from the beginning this show comes out swinging at CBS, and makes some references to that effect. The fact that there are a lot more people but the dialog stayed just as witty as it did in two and a half men is a nice trade up as are Sheens' cast members. Otherwise then that it's pretty much the same. I mean Charlie sheen still plays a guy named Charlie, he's still a womanizer, he still drinks, and other then a few plot changes here and there it's proof that Charlie Sheen really was two and a half men.

So in this show Charlie is an anger management shrink who obviously had serious anger issues before which more then likely lead to the demise of his marriage out of which he yielded a daughter. It seems his daughter has a few issues as well, which plays a significant part in the first episode. Bottom line its pretty good. 10/10.

A furious comedy

Author: iamheretogetu from India
7 July 2012

Well lets say Charlie does it again. The show is quite interesting with the fact Charlie hasn't changed much from d previous Charlie Harper we knew.

The script is good and the characters are spot on in there acting. The cast is a good mix and mix quite good with each other in the show.

The twist of Charlie's own anger issues and he himself being an anger management therapist is quite hilarious.

The show delivers excellent comic situations. Its been good for now. Hope it keeps going at the same pace.

However, at many situations which are supposed to funny ain't. They would have to work on that part. Also the entire show currently is evolving around only Charlie. That fact cannot be ignored. You cant expect 1 person to give it all. The other characters also need to be given a little more air time.

8/10 :)

Old-looking chick magnet routine doesn't fly.

Author: qormi from United States
10 August 2012

This show doesn't sit well. When Charlie Sheen started 2 1/2 Men as the philandering rake, he looked the part and it was somewhat believable. Years later, and Sheen is playing he same character in another series. But it's pathetic to watch, as Charlie Sheen is now too thin and old- looking; he hasn't aged well. It has the same problem the show, Frazier had - unattractive old-looking guy as chick magnet scoring with women half his age.

The episode I watched was disturbing - Sheen is seen bedding a beautiful rival therapist.Wearing a skimpy black bra and panties, she demands that he take off her underwear with his teeth and then we see Charlie slipping under the sheets. Next, he asks a girl working at the coffee shop for a date. It seems that this twenty-something stunner is also a PhD. After a brief verbal sparring, she is impressed by Charlie's wit and agrees to have dinner with him. At the restaurant, they are seated at a table. It's not in a discreet corner of the restaurant nor is it dimly lit...she wastes no time in proceeding to slip her hand under the table. "Zipper, not buttons", Charlie informs her. A minute later, they're headed for the restroom together to have sex. They haven't even ordered yet. How romantic - having sex in the stall of a public restroom.....what a gas...this passes for comedy these days???

Bland Management

Author: Alex Frey from Thailand
14 July 2012

After the 10 or so reviews from F/X it might be time to get real.

The review cannot ignore Charlie Sheen, his past and his past roles. If you had any expectations prior to the show they will be greatly dismissed. Interesting enough the show is a typical sitcom with a very average cast and extremely average writing. To my astonishment the show could run on any major network, not inappropriate words, no inappropriate behavior. That can be good or bad, make up your own mind about that.

The show is explained in one sentence, Charlie is a therapist and is trying to help a group of people to get over their anger issues. While this could be hilarious but it is not.

They have caught themselves in a net of professional terms that nobody can follow and Charlie Sheen is now the one people react to, he used to be the one who reacts in short sentences towards others. He talks too fast his voice is too dark and the laugh track in the background is making no sense.

I give this 5 Stars for the many funny hours i had watching Charlie Sheen, this show is a complete failure in writing and casting. Sorry Mr Sheen, you had the lead in a show that was manufactured around you, you screwed it up, now you are stuck with this mediocre show.

Not what I was expecting

Author: bjhabal
30 June 2012

Though I love Charlie Sheen, this is not a one man show, and the supporting actors/actress are either not funny, or may be the writing was not up to their talent. From what I have seen in the first two episodes, this show has no future unless something dramatically changed. In Two and half men every character had its momentum, and the jokes came out naturally unlike in anger management, where they force the joke on you though it is not really a funny one.On the other hand, I don't understand why the show runner insisting in repeating the role of Charlie as a sex addicted playboy, played in Two and a half men, which already have exhausted during the nine seasons run of the show, although he is capable of doing much better than that. The bottom line, I gave the show 5 point for Charlie Sheen overcoming his problems and returning to the T.V. screen, and not for the show itself.

gash

Author: jmaclean1 from Scotland
15 February 2013

For all the cash Charlie made he still wants to follow the same though worse written formula make something new, Anger is two and a half mens very poor cousin we used to idolise Charlie he now looks SAD. I find it difficult to write ten lines about this absolute copy of two and a half obviously you think put Charlie in as Charlie and just follow the same old crap, come up with something new stop feeding us the same thing over and over again. Are Americans so sexually repressed that every prog is about sex OK Chic got some sex wow we get it something new would be refreshing. For the next two lines I'm struggling this prog does not merit ten lines it's two and a half over again now we know he's not the best actor but surely he's better than this pile of crap.

Top quality humor

Author: eskildahr92 from Sweden
15 February 2014

We all have different taste and it's a subjective matter, but to give this one less than 8 is just not fair.

The story of each episode is typically simple and of minor significance, but all of them are stuffed with beautifully composed jokes and appealing people. The series depict a wide spectrum of different characters, each having their own stereotypical peculiarity, some of them are even quite distasteful - but yet presented in a funny 'we all have our problems'-kind of way.

It is also great fun to see Charlie and his dad, which make an excellent combo together!

I highly recommend Anger Management to everybody old enough to watch.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]