IMDb > Past Obsessions (2011) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Past Obsessions (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Same story line as Sleeping With the Enemy

Author: Originator1994 from United States
8 December 2014

Also,noticed this being another movie that Lochlyn Munro is in with Josie Davis but it makes three along this story line. There is a new one on Lifetime and he plays the co worker to a female and helps her with idea on how to deal with/take out her abusive husband .

What I do not see here is the fact no one has picked up on the fact this is the same story line as the Julia Roberts movie " Sleeping with the Enemy "...same exact story line

From the fact she planned her getaway, stored certain things away in the house , in the bathroom, hubby getting the call that prompted him to suspect she was still alive,..does anyone remember the fallen apples in the Julia Roberts movie where the neighbor wants to charge her for the apples so she dumps them ? In this movie, she is doing a sketch and he wants to charge her half since she is standing on his property. So many subtle nuances in this newer version of "Sleeping With the Enemy"

Is this not plagiarism ?

Past Obsessions

Author: hopefulauthor-824-584699 from United States
10 February 2013

What could have been a great movie turned out to be a dud.

After viewing continuous previews on LMN the last 2-3 weeks, I couldn't wait to see Past Obsessions.

I thought Past Obsessions was a sequel to Seduced by Lies, since Josie Davis and Lochlyn Munro starred in both movies, and previews led one to believe so, in an 'round-about' way.

I gave PO two-stars because I enjoy most, if not all Josie Davis movies & various roles she plays, but this movie in a whole deserves 1-star.

Problem: 'Dialogue.' Way too much hesitation between actors talking to one another. A huge gap. Seemed actors were trying to remember their lines. lol.

PO isn't the worse movie I've seen, but certainly not the best. Not even close to a good movie.

A second problem I had w/this movie is nobody, 'no matter what the circumstance,' used a phone to call police or an ambulance. If I was in her situation, I'd have phoned the Marines. lol.

One other issue which may or may not concern others. Very few actors were in PO. Where were the towns people? Cars? A restaurant with one customer, and he's one of the main stars. lol.

Watch if your a Davis fan or bored..not worth buying the CD/BR.