IMDb > "Feud" (2017) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Feud"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Feud" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Jane and Banche in the real world.

Author: marcosaguado from Los Angeles, USA
10 March 2017

Why was I thinking that it couldn't work? Maybe because it never does. But "Bette and Joan" present us with that always welcome exception. The introduction of this two icons has sharpness and shine. Both walking a very tight rope. Joan with desperation, Bette with defiance. It is a terrific treat to see Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon going for the real centers rather than the caricature. Alfred Molina is priceless as Robert Aldrich and Stanley Tucci reinvents Jack Warner to a delightful perfection. The late entrance of Joan/Jessica at the theater where Bette/Susan is playing in The Night Of The Iguana is one of my favorite film moments of the young 2017 season. Now, needles to say, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Not about hate but about pain

Author: claudiaeilcinema from Italy
11 March 2017

Hurrah for Ryan Murphy. He avoided the obvious trap of super camp. This human tragedy is told without winks and secret giggles. It is a tragedy no matter how funny. Two mega stars of its day drowning in personal pettiness and fear. Now with the benefit of hindsight and with the help of their daughters memoirs we know that fame and fortune is not the happy place most people imagine. Jessica Lange's Joan filled me with sadness, something Joan, the actress, could never do. Susan Sarandon's Bette made me want to shake her like she did Miriam Hopkins in "Old Acquaintance". Alfred Molina as Robert Aldrich deserves a mention all his own. Brilliant!

The Working Women Of La La Land

Author: Will Thomas (willandthomas.picturehouse@gmail.com) from Hollywood, CA
13 March 2017

Ryan Murphy managed the virtually impossible. Finding a tone and the tone has to do with the humanity of this Hollywood gargoyles. I wonder if young Joan and Bette knew where they were heading. Those women that their daughters wrote about, were they who they were or who they became. Jessica Lange throws a light on Joan Crawford that made me, already, re-think her myth. Her fear is actually tangible. Great, great performance. Susan Sarandon captures Davis's temperament and allow us a glimpse into the contradictory nature of the woman. Brilliant, succinct observation - when she throws herself into the role of wife and mother, she was thoroughly miscast. Alfred Molina is superb as Robert Aldrich and Stanley Tucci is terrific as Jack "I show you my hemorrhoids" Warner. I can't wait for the next episode.

Great entertainment

Author: drjgardner from California
5 March 2017

Growing up I was a big fan of both Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. My favorite Davis films were All About Eve and Dark Victory and I had a kind of secret pleasure in her over-the-top performances in Jezebel and Baby Jane. Crawford was no less a super star. My favorite films by Crawford were Mildred Pierce and Johnny Guitar. That being said, Maureen O'Hara and Olivia de Havilland were my favorite female actresses from that era.

So what a treat it is to see the first episode of this series and watch the behind the scenes action in the making of Baby Jane. Susan Sarandon captures Bette Davis perfectly, and Judy Davis as Hedda Hopper, Kathy Bates as Joan Blondell, and Stanley Tucci as Jack Warner are similarly mesmerizing.

Director Ryan Murphy keeps the action moving along, as he did with his 2016 "The People vs OJ…" The lavish sets and the costumes properly evoke the era.

I'll certainly tune it to see another episode.

Joan and Jessica, Bette and Susan

Author: John Patrick Moore (jpm-onfocus) from Silver Lake, CA
20 March 2017

Now already on episode 3 I can say without a doubt. "Feud" is totally addictive. The writing, the direction, costumes and production design, it all works beautifully, satisfying those who knew nothing about the story and those of us who knew a great deal. The biggest surprise, however is the Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon's performances that puts everything into a level way above, camp and/or caricature. Their performances are serious, profound, all consuming. Two modern stars throw themselves into the emotional investigation of two stars from the past and the results are, let me say it, extraordinary. I'm looking at Joan Crawford through an entirely new perspective. Jessica Lange has humanized her without embellishing her and Susan Sarandon plays with Bette Davis's contradictions making them crystal clear even finding a sort of justification for them. I saw the 3rd episode "Mommie Dearest" twice in a row. That's how riveted I was and still am. Let me also mention Alfred Molina as Robert Aldrich. Sensational.

So far, so great

Author: Nelson Ferguson from Greenville, NC
6 March 2017

After watching episode one I have to say Feud did not disappoint. It was excellent! Best thing I have seen from Ryan Murphy. Can't wait to see the rest of the episodes. The acting is superb as are the sets and costuming. Episode one felt like the first half of an Oscar nominated film not a TV series and unlike American Horror Story, also from Murphy, Feud was not rushed, overdone, gratuitously shocking or confusing in the slightest way. I did not want the episode to end.

If you are a Bette Davis/ Joan Crawford fan... You will love this!

Author: jimmyorrico from United States
8 March 2017

I'm 16, and have been a fan of both of these woman since I was 2. I'v watched All About Eve, Mildred Pierce, Queen Bee..etc. Overall the Pilot was a great introduction to the rest of the series. All I can say is that I admire both of these woman, and both Jessica, and Susan can really channel the emotions, and heartbreak you'd never expect from these two Hollywood Icons. Just Amazing!

Great

Author: Ognjen Janic from Subotica, Serbia
7 March 2017

Was afraid, how will this turn out. Had high expectations, yet had my doubts. It could go either way. Fortunately, it was a great opening to a series. You cannot go wrong with the first class actresses - Sarandon and Lange, who have anchored their experienced souls and melted them with the icons they play. Sexism ans Ageism are two main torturing factors actresses fought against and still do. And this season we see the outburst of the outraged womenfolk through the lives of the two elite actresses.

A wonderful take on the real life feud between two legends that's moved along with envy, sexism, and the fact of aging.

Author: Danny Blankenship from Petersburg, Virginia
20 March 2017

"FX" and director Ryan Murphy has done it again as a real life drama has been brought to the screen and it brings light on the issue all while having drama, black heart comedy, and envy with age and sexism closing everything up! Many film fans don't know a lot about Joan Crawford and Bette Davis, only some remember their 1962 classic suspense horror film "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane" and the tales and stories written of the on screen drama and fights that went with the picture, well this series "Feud" captures those hot and wicked moments just fine. Both actresses Bette Davis(Susan Sarandon)and Joan Crawford(Jessica Lange)are on the downside of their famous and glory type careers, so both try to give it a go at some work for an old journey type director. As the film they will do together will be "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane" soon and slowly the ego and tempers start to flare between the two divas the two become bitter rivals on and off set! The scenes are memorable and the series shows the personal struggles the duo faced in life with family and both appear to be tortured souls inside. The chemistry between Jessica and Susan is in top notch form making this one series to watch to be entertained and informed about two legends.

Loved "FUED"

Author: Concetta Ellis from United States
6 March 2017

I truly loved the new short movie series "FUED". The actors/actresses are fantastic and I love the sets, design and costumes. Can't wait til the next episode. Let's bring back more Classic Old Hollywood True Stories. I can't wait for the next episode which is how I ended up here. Looking for the next date. lol Love! Thank you! :-)

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]