IMDb > Pitch Perfect (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Pitch Perfect

Pitch Perfect More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 26: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

Best soundtrack ever!

Author: calebcunningham41 from United States
28 April 2013

Pitch Perfect starts on an off note but ends on a high one that knocks it out of the park. Pitch Perfect shows us a lot of what singing groups in college are like. The soundtrack to this film is one of the best ever made. The writing is decent as is the acting. There are a few reasons I didn't give this film a 10; One of them being there are some people in this movie that are so annoying you just want to shoot yourself in the foot. Second, some of this movie is really crud and there's really no reason for it. In the end this is a great movie for the weekend and for those who love music/singing I highly suggest this film to you.

A hugely entertaining and fairly predictable film

Author: rtcnz
12 April 2013

Yes, "Pitch Perfect" is full of clichés. Moody rebel Beca reluctantly (Anna Kendrick) joins campus singing group of misfits, led by comically conservative Aubrey (Anna Camp). Despite their shaky beginnings, the misfit singers come together & eventually decide to "be original". But just because it's clichéd doesn't mean "Pitch Perfect" isn't a great film! The film has a great cast full of fun colorful characters. Rebel Wilson in particular is hilarious as "Fat Amy" delivering most if not all the laughs. There's plenty of musical sets, most of which are pretty entertaining. Basically, the film is like an infinitely better, much longer episode of "Glee".

This film delivers exactly what you expect!

Vader is not the German word for father, Vater is.

Author: headly66 from New Jersey
13 February 2013

This is just another rehashing of the "Bring it On" formula which was a rehashing of something else. They just seem to pick a different topic, this time it's a capella singing groups but all the same characters and scenes are here. The bossy blonde girl, the tough girl who grows to like the nerds, the quiet girl/guy with a secret talent, the hidden lesbian, and of course the competition.

The fat Amy girl is simply annoying and never funny. The brunette with the big tatas is very hot and so is the red head. Other than that it's a lot of bad music, a script you could see coming a mile away and not very good acting.

Best joke in the movie is the salami boobs girl.

pitch-not quite perfect, but not-quite-terrible like the rest of these anyway - only mild spoilers(nothing to spoil really)

Author: witster18 from United States
23 January 2013

The redeeming quality here is that "Pitch Perfect" is a genuinely funny film.

Not exactly up my alley, and that's why the mere fact that I considered this for a 7 star rating means you might think about adding this to your watch-list.

I make it a point not to watch films like this, and after watching one of this caliber I believe I should lock away the key to the teeny-bopper-dance-musical genre forever, consider myself lucky to have procrastinated for so long, and run out of the casino like a thief on ACME jet-propelled skates.

THe film is far from perfect. It suffers greatly from a completely ignored and under-developed relationship subplot. Too bad too - the actors seemed primed to pull it off in the few minutes that they were given to work together.

The film also battles itself as it tries to tell the audience how "tire-old" music just doesn't work anymore, and then uses it in the finale'. I mean, they got it backwards... the lead is literally the character put into the plot to finally break through and get these girls out of their funk by giving them fresh new music, and then she dishes out a classic in the end. Ironic to say the least.

I think there was a point in there about classic movies/music that ended up in the trash of the editing room along with the love story here. There's another subplot that gets dropped like lead penny, and that's the musical aspirations of the lead character.

I had another little issue with how the girls got into the final competition.

The film, at times, really did seem like it was in the fight club scene where Norton was fighting himself, or Ash fending off evil in the evil dead series.

I laughed my way through the first-half of the movie, but the second-half does lose some steam, and the final showdown doesn't stand out as much as needed to move this into this years top 25. Might make the top half of the 80-90 films I'll eventually view from '12(about 60 so far - would put this at about #26-27 rt now).

This is usually where I put a "If you Liked This You Might Like" list, but this was an out-of-the-box selection for me. Pardon the assumption that other films in this genre aren't this good. I don't wanna find out either way.

Good Musical in a Bad Storyline

Author: muggle_maris09
19 January 2013

There was definitely nothing special about the story of this film. Its plot has been used and reused in various Hollywood movies. I knew from the beginning how the story will unfold and end, and I was right. It was so predictable. I didn't like the acting of the lead actors although they can really sing. At first, I mistaken the leading man as a gay so I was bothered that he was the leading man. The female lead, on the other hand, was trapped in a confusing role. The saving grace of this movie is its musical aspect. The acapella rendition of Party in the USA and Marry You by the cast was awesome. I wouldn't have finished this movie if not for the enjoyable musical performances and the good set of songs.

I was thoroughly entertained, lots of music and lots of laughs.

Author: TxMike from Houston, Tx, USA, Earth
8 January 2013

This story is nominally about college A Cappella groups, but that is not what it really is about. It is about young people realizing what is important in life and relationships, and the participation in the singing groups is just the vehicle.

Having said that, I am a fan of singing and a fan of the TV show "Glee", and while "Pitch Perfect" is a far cry from "Glee" I enjoyed it on about the same level.

Anna Kendrick who was already a star as a singer on Broadway when she was a teenager is Beca, who doesn't really want to go to college but her dad makes her, he is affiliated with the college and she gets a free education. But she really wants to go to Hollywood and maker her career in music production.

At college she meets Skylar Astin as Jesse, and they both end up working as interns at the college radio station. They get friendly quickly, but Beca pushes back when it seems they will get closer.

Brittany Snow is one of the singers in the girls group, Chloe, but the leader of the group is Anna Camp as the senior, Aubrey , just wanting one more chance to go to Nationals at the Lincoln Center and hopefully win. She is an unyielding task master, who rejects any input from others, and this causes a rift.

My favorite is Australian Rebel Wilson as Fat Amy (that's what she calls herself), she has such good comedic timing and great facial expressions. (Her real name is Rebel, she has siblings Liberty and Ryot.)

A fun, fun movie, but not for viewers who don't enjoy lots of singing. My wife said the campus looked familiar, as it turns out it was filmed at LSU, where she was a student 40 years earlier!

SPOILERS: The girls group is set to lose again, but a disqualification of another team with a non-college member gets them to Nationals. Aubrey gives in to good sense, she allows Beca to incorporate novel performance elements, and they win.

Men WILL also be entertained

Author: Gustavo Schroeder A
24 May 2015

Coming in to this movie I couldn't help but think: Is this gonna be another cheesy chick flick? Well, it is. But its on the better side of the chick flicks and, like Bridesmaids, it provides solid entertainment for what it is. I can say I thoroughly enjoyed most of the movie and thought some of the characters were actually pretty realistic. And these girls are HOOOOT (Fat Amy OMG)! The downside of the movie is pretty much that it is basically a chick flick and therefore intended for the feminine side. Also, some things escalate pretty quickly, like Anna Kendricks kind of transition from being the hot dark hot topic type girl to being the hot A Capella singer. But the character of the guy that works with her in the radio station, AWESOME! I am that dude in real life, seriously. In the end, I enjoyed Pitch Perfect, I laughed and will say it is a good, enjoyable comedy, even for dudes.

Super cool movie, everyone should watch this

Author: Bharanidaran ramani from Chennai
24 January 2014

When i first heard about this movie, it did not interest me much, even though iam a fan of comedy movies. I assumed this to be like the pathetic "street dance" type stereotype movies. Hell no. This is not only a unique version, but also a truly aspiring performances by the starts

The movie starts and ends at the same place as like any other stand off competition, but then this one focuses a bit more on the story part of it and the typical fall out happens, people reunite and pull it off. Sounds a bit boring isn't it? But not so. It is very difficult to take such a standard 2-liner story so entertaining and worth watching.

I think the success of the movie is mostly due to the acumen performances of the starts Anna and Anna. Although the group boasts of acoustic singing group the song in the grand finale did not sound realistic and was a give away. Nevertheless it was toe-tapping and very energetic as one would expect.

The movie does not use erotica as the selling point, which is a very good attempt. As a stereotype in Hollywood movies, with beautiful there is always a nudity round the corner, but the director had made sure there are no such nonsense in the movie.

Also the fact that girl dolls such as Anna would turn out to be a rapper was a stand up factor and sure deserve a round of applause. The movie had a few scenes which made me go back to remember "Scary movie" ugh!!! But thankfully its over very soon and does not deviate the screenplay

Girls on a stand-off and they do win!! Enjoyed it

Great family movie!

Author: netmbng
10 January 2014

To those that think that this movie will suck (like I did before watching), you won't be disappointed. During a family party, we were deciding to pick a movie to watch just to pass some time and do something. We chose Pitch Perfect and I never seen the movie, but just looking at the cover just gave me an immediate dissatisfied reaction.

However, I was TOTALLY wrong. As the movie progresses, I was getting more into it and whenever someone said something I hushed at them xP. It's very interesting and the musical performances are great and sound amazing. Some songs will just get you and give you goosebumps. I recommend this movie for those watching with a group and some children, everyone will be happy and entertained.

On the other hand, don't expect an "Oscar-type" movie but rather an enjoyable, pleasing, and feel-good type of movie. Yes, you can already predict what's going to happen and how it will end, but that's not what it's meant to do.

It's so WONDERFUL!!!!!

Author: miry-i from Japan
28 October 2013

This movie wasn't shown in Japan, so I saw it when I went to France in March, 2013.

I love this movie because there are a lot of my favorite songs in the story. Especially, I like "Just The Way You Are" which is sung by Bruno Mars originally. Bellas' voice was so nice and I was moved when I listened to it for the first time.

Also, the final performances of the Bellas and the Troublemakers was wonderful. I really like it!!!!

I recommend all people who loves comedy and A Capella to watch this movie. If you are interested in it, please check it out!:)