IMDb > Pitch Perfect (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Pitch Perfect

Pitch Perfect More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 27: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

not good enough

Author: phoenix 2 from Greece
22 August 2015

Beca joins her college a Capella group in order to get more socialized. I have heard too many things about pitch perfect, but watching it now seems like going back to those old good glee days. The new window that glee had opened for musicals and social school mainly matters, with the outcasts being the main focus, is, now days, too over run. So pitch perfect is nothing original. It can bring back memories of high school musical even. Some of the scenes were funny, except from the puking. I mean, after the first scene, the constant reminder of it and its repetition is just annoying. For the rest of the movie, things are just too predictable that you can guess what will happen from the fist few minutes of the movie. So 3 for pitch perfect.

Not funny and not about singing

Author: Simone Di Bella from Italy
1 July 2015

I watched this movie yesterday and I couldn't find almost any humour in it. I giggled a couple of times and that's it. About the musical side, I think that good singers sing for the love of music itself, not to celebrate themselves, which appears to be what moves those "singers" instead. Singing it's a matter of heart, not only of vocal cords, a thing that x-factor-like performers, like the characters of this movie, fail to understand. In my opinion these kind of performances should be held in circuses, because of the kind of skills involved.

Anyway I suppose it's a passable teenager movie, but not for particularly bright kids, which can choose among many other better movies if they're interested in music.

Like camp rock, but college

Author: Kayla
22 June 2015

This was probably the worst movie I've ever seen I've never written a review on here before but looking at that score I just kind of felt like I had to. First off it's almost impossible to stand Anna Kendrick's character, she's always complaining about something, which I could get behind if she wasn't complaining about things that us normal people can only dream about, such as free college, the most perfect guy ever likes her (seriously no guy on earth is that perfect), a big group of people want to be her friends. I know it's awful right? The reason she complains about the free college is because her dad is making her go (he's a professor, that's why it's free) but she's an adult, if she doesn't want to go she doesn't have to, but if she didn't go there wouldn't be a plot. Anyway, I didn't think it was that funny either, Rebel Wilson was the only one that made me laugh, and even then I didn't laugh that often. Maybe I just don't get singing humor. Even then they keep using the same gags over and over "aca-awesome" and the one girl that's really quiet and the lesbian, it gets old, it wasn't even that funny the first time. Anyway, the plot is boring anyway, self-absorbed brat joins a club she didn't want to join and finds out she likes it and makes new friends. How original! By the way, Becca mentioned her "stepmonster" one time and she was never brought up again, was she really a monster? Because she tends to exaggerate I mean she made free college sound like prison.

Sorry that my review is a train wreck, but it doesn't make the movie any less of one. Also I typed this on a phone there are bound to be typos.

What a STUPID and BORING movie

Author: Funasian2005 from Kuala Lumpur
27 July 2017

Everything is bad about this movie. Not a single redeeming quality. Nada. The story is lame. The one liner jokes are not funny at all. The characters are not developed at all. I was bored from beginning to end.

I have no idea why it got a sequel and a third part.

Please don't watch this piece of crap.

Mediocre

Author: Dave from Essex
25 June 2017

This is a musical comedy film about vocal groups at a university. It's not funny enough for a comedy. The quality of the singing varies, but it's not good enough for a musical film.

It's impossible for us to believe that Rebel Wilson's character is 19. She was in her early thirties when she played her. Why didn't they have her play a mature student near her own age?

Turn off your brain and just enjoy....

Author: MartinHafer from Bradenton, Florida
18 June 2017

The most important thing you might wanna know about this review is that I am certainly NOT in the target demographic group for this film. As a 53 year-old man, I am not the type to ever watch "Pitch Perfect" in the first place and did so only because my daughter insisted that it was a good film and I would enjoy it. And, fortunately, I did enjoy it quite a bit. Now I am NOT saying I think it's a great film, it certainly has its faults, but it is fun and entertaining.

The film is about a capella singing....certainly not the sort of thing most of us enjoy or even care about...though the film manages to infuse the subject with enthusiasm. And, you'll soon find yourself moving along with the singing...and much of it is very infectious. And, the film is about most every stereotype I could think of when it comes to young adult films---you have the bossy and nasty leader of the group, the lesbian, the fat girl who is funny and the rest of the clichés (such as the final big number where not only do ALL the ladies know the lyrics BUT also the choreography of a song they NEVER practiced). But, it manages to make it enjoyable because it SAYS that these are stereotypes at times and the music is pretty cool. I could have done without all the vomit, however. Overall, this is a very watchable and enjoyable picture.

Best musical ever

Author: Hangeefa
10 June 2017

Love this film. All the characters are aca awesome in their own ways. My favourite character is Fat Amy. Truly is one of the best musicals I have ever seen. Great music which will have all of you singing along. The riff off is great. I love both the bellas and the treble makers final songs. Fun film which is great for a girly night in.

I have literally watched it like a hundred times.

Author: farismahmood-16130
18 May 2017

The movie was excellent and I have watched it like a hundred times. The story revolves around the Barden Bellas struggle in the competition and how they manage to win at the end. All the actors have done an amazing job; even the main actors such as Anna Kendrick, Brittany Snow, Anna Camp, Rebel Wilson, Skylar Astin; and even the minor characters such as Alexis Knapp, Ester Dean, Hana Mae Lee, Elizabeth Banks (who has done a very good job), John Michael Higgins, etc. The reason why the movie lost two marks for me because it has such mistakes in audio, editing, placing of actors/objects keep on changing within scenes, etc.

Good Music and Anna Kendric has a Great Smile

Author: Jakemcclake from United States
7 April 2017

The plot was not mind blowing, they might have lip synced, it was not that funny, and the comedy, you can see it coming, but as far as I'm concerned, that is all secondary.

The music was great. When you combine the music with Anna Kendrick's smile which rocks the screen about 70% of the movie, it makes it a good experience. Anna has the smile of a model, similar to Jennifer Connelly's devastating smile.

By the way, despite her smile, Anna is not the sexiest woman up on the screen. Alexis Knapp, who plays Stacie Conrad, dominates the screen and any man's attention when she is on it. If you watch this, you will immediately know when Alexis is on screen.

The music, well, they hit us with about 70 songs in the movie, and some songs, like the Bruno Mars song "Just The Way You Are" were done in a fantastic way. Not to mention that it has some other background songs that are good.

And although the movie is not a great comedy, Rebel Wilson has good comedic delivery.

The message of the movie is that perseverance, teamwork and being sensitive to others, will be rewarded and this adds to the reason this was a sleeper hit.

This Movie Is Beneath Anna Kendrick

Author: zkonedog from United States
6 March 2017

Despite the fact that "Pitch Perfect" doesn't exactly fall into my preferred film genre, I rented it because I have thoroughly enjoyed previous flicks featuring Anna Kendrick ("Up In The Air", "50/50") and figured that her presence in this one might lend it more legitimacy. Unfortunately, all it did was leave me wondering why Kendrick would lend her presence to such a clichéd, pointless film.

For a basic plot summary, "Pitch Perfect" sees college newbie Becca (Kendrick) trying to fit in at her new campus while also pursuing a potential career as a music DJ. On some advice from her father, Becca joins a collegiate a cappella singing group in hopes of making friends and living the "college life".

The glaring weakness of this film is that director Jason Moore should have made it a bit more of a serious effort in accordance with Kendrick's acting style. Usually, Kendrick is so cute and likable that audiences cannot help but sympathize and identify with her. In "Pitch Perfect", though, all the crazy proceedings around Kendrick's characters are too ridiculous to even let the audiences think they should be taking themselves seriously whatsoever.

Basically, I just wonder why-oh-why did the film's producers try to follow the "Bring It On" cheerleading-esque approach to this movie. Rebel Wilson's "Fat Amy" character is about the only semblance of the film that actually made me laugh a time or two. Otherwise, it is just a collection of shock humor (vomit jokes run the course of the movie) and sight gags.

The only reason I give "Pitch Perfect" two stars is because the musical numbers are fun and some of "Fat Amy's" one-liners are legitimately hilarious. However, unless you REALLY, REALLY enjoyed the "Bring It On" style of making a movie, you'll want to discard this one fairly quickly from your film library.