Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- the number "616" is a designation given to a specific Marvel universe (the original one that started in the 1960s - the Marvel Cinematic Universe is designated 199999)
- Simonson's Theory of Relativity is a homage to Thor comic writer Walter Simonson
- the Nexus of All Reality is a location in the Florida Everglades where dimensions intersect, which is guarded by the hero Man-Thing
- the Crossroads is an intersection for routes to different worlds
- and the Fault is a tear in the fabric of the universe, attended to by the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- In Iron Man Three (2013), Aldrich Killian loses an arm during the battle with Tony Stark.
- In Thor: The Dark World, Loki cuts off Thor's arm on Svartalfheim, but is revealed to be an illusion. In the final battle, Malekith also loses his arm.
- In Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Bucky lost his arm during his fall from the train, and it has been replaced by a mechanical one.
- In Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Gamora cuts off Groot's arm during the group's initial scuffle on Xandar. Later, Nebula cuts off her own arm to escape.
- In Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Ulysses Klaue loses his hand to Ultron.