IMDb > The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (2015) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
Page 1 of 38:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Yes,they managed to do it.Worse than part 1.

Author: Panos Black
9 March 2016

OK,it's not that part 1 was good,you actually knew it would suck,but the 2nd really grinds my gears.

You have in your hands a civil war,the final battle into the heart of the capital,and you spent 2 hours of your life watching your main character taking a walk in a war zone.

And with all that time strolling,you have no character development,for none of them,just a few moments that the movie is like "Ok,from now on,that's how things are".

I watched this for closure,i wish i hadn't.

I didn't expected it to be a great movie,just a good action one,and it failed.Miserably. For goodness sake,London has fallen had more character development than a book based quadralogy,LOTR had less walking..good riddance to the series.

Well padded

Author: Prismark10 from United Kingdom
9 March 2016

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 is a film without any artistic integrity. It was purely made to grab as much cash from its audience as possible. You can sense this in the film which does not have much of a plot, scenes that are purely filler and the story just crawls because the book that it is based on has been split into two which means more padding than a model wearing a wonderbra.

With Panem in chaos Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) plans to assassinate President Snow (Donald Sutherland.) Snow meanwhile wishes to spring a trap to finish off the rebels. Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) is volatile as he turns his anger towards Katniss. Alma Coin (Julianne Moore) the leader of the rebels who plans to usurp Snow as President has her own agenda. You could say she has two sides to the coin.

Some of the action is humdrum and poorly lit and Katniss's use of the bow and arrow is almost laughable in this film. Given the first film in this franchise was a decent film, it has been disappointing to see the decline in quality to the sequels.

Great Movie, great end to the Installment

Author: aneeqroslan from Malaysia
19 November 2015

The movie is a lot like I anticipated it to be. Special effects, plot and acting is like all its other installments, amazing. Having read the book, there are obviously scenes and parts that were 'left out' just like all the other movies that have been adapted from a novel. Especially the Mockingjay, being the last book of the trilogy, there is no room for denial that there are way too many events or scenes to incorporate in the movie. Despite that, the movie was still a thriller.

Being dubbed as a war movie, there were several parts in the movie that left me on the edge of my seat, proving the movie to be action-packed. Kudos to Jennifer Lawrence for her role as Katniss Everdeen, she portrayed her exactly as Collins did in the novel throughout the whole series. The way she displayed her emotions showed no other actress could fill her void as Katniss.

Part 2 however was missing a slight 'oomph' that many were expecting. Francis Lawrence wanted the movie to be exactly like the book. Yes he did achieve that, but having done that he left some important bits out. A lot of the characters in the previous movie were sidelined, like Haymitch, Effie and quite importantly, Prim. Prim was killed in the movie and her being the major reason why this story emerged, her death lacked the emotional feel that it had in the book. A possible reason behind this was because Lawrence was too focused on making this a war movie that he left behind the emotional impact on the deaths of Katniss' close family and friends. When Katniss' squad members were killed, all of them lacked the 'feel' of when someone dies, that was mainly because Francis Lawrence didn't really portray Katniss' feelings about them when they died. Yes, the movie should be as close as the book describes the plot, but to make it a better movie than it was, Francis should of shown more scenes of Prim (and of course others like Haymitch and etc) to remind the audience that she still exist and to build that tension and emotional impact we're supposed to get when Prim gets killed. In some parts of the movie when Prim or Haymitch and etc re-occurred, it kinda felt they came out of nowhere and suddenly one of them dies and I guess that sorta flawed the movie a little. On the other hand it is a huge contrast to Part 1, where it was full of emotions and less action packed, which might of been intended.

On the whole, Part 2 was an amazing movie, one I'd definitely watch again, enjoyed it very much, made me proud as a hunger games fan. The twisted and depressing ending to what a lot of people thought would be a fairy tail closure is one of the many things that makes Mockingjay part 2 one of the best movies to end a franchise. Hope it smashes the blockbuster records. Part 2 ended the Hunger Games installment on a very high note. Really hoping that there's some sort of sequel or prequel!!!

Do not understand of the 10/10 brigade with respect to this film

Author: stephen-ellwood from Brussels, Belgium
14 April 2016

-- this review may contain spoilers --

How can a reviewer say "not the best in the series" and then give it 10 stars? 10 stars is perfection, not as good as perfection is not 10 stars... In my opinion it was far from perfect though not terrible.

I have loved the Hunger Games franchise but this film let me down. For much of the film it reminded me of Frodo's (boring) journey to destroy the ring except that Frodo actually does get there in the End. Katniss sets off to kill the president and spends most of the film trying to get there but then doesn't, in fact she is beaten by the resistance, who managed to get through all of those traps that she could not and still get there quicker. She then wakes up to find the war is over. The twist at the end is so well signposted that it doesn't take much inferring leaving the happy ever after.

Special effects and infinite arrow archery skills ultimately don't make up for the lack of story and obvious plot holes. I cannot fault any of the actors, they did the best they could with a bad script.

A thrilling conclusion to an amazing franchise!

Author: Katie Bridle from England
21 November 2015

When The Hunger Games was first released almost four years ago, I had no idea it was going to be the successful franchise it is now. I was fourteen when I watched the first film and began reading the books and each film just got better and better. This is definitely the case with Mockingjay Part 2, the thrilling and emotional conclusion of the franchise. I would also say that this is the film that, I think, is the most faithful to the original book of the same name. There were so many parts in the film that I remembered reading about when I first read the book three years ago. Whilst I was reading the books, I didn't know how the cast and crew were going to make a film adaptation in a creative and successful way. Nevertheless, they managed to do it. Jennifer Lawrence returns, for one last time, as Katniss Everdeen, the main protagonist. In Mockingjay Part 1, Katniss is suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and is finding it difficult to cope without Peeta Mellark, her former tribute and love interest from District 12, as she doesn't know if he's dead or alive. She meets the President of District 13, Alma Coin, who is unsure that she is the right person to be the face of the revolution due to her struggles. However, Katniss proves her wrong and films short films, known as 'propagandas', to distract the Capitol and to persuade the people of Panem to join her fight against President Snow. However, things don't all go to plan because, when Peeta is rescued, he has been hijacked and tries to kill Katniss. This is because he's been hijacked which means that the Capitol has corrupted his memories of her to make her appear violent or a threat to him. Now, Mockingjay: Part 2 picks straight up where Mockingjay: Part 1 left, with Katniss recovering from her injury. Despite her struggles, she is still willing to be part of the fight against the Capitol but President Coin refuses and sends her to District 2 to film a propaganda, much to her annoyance. She is desperate to kill President Snow for everything he has done and goes on a rogue mission to join her fellow soldiers to take over the Capitol. President Coin is not happy with this and sends Peeta, who still has negative views on Katniss and continues to have violent acts of rage towards her. However, he is slowly recovering from his disordered views of Katniss and he begins a game called 'Real Or Not Real' to help him know the truth. This was one of my favourite parts in the book as I thought it was a clever way to help Peeta understand his disordered image. Director Francis Lawrence has stated that this is the most violent out of all The Hunger Games and he's not wrong. When, fellow tribute, Finnick mockingly states, 'Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 76th Hunger Games', it truly is like that. The Capitol itself is like an arena with thousands of deadly traps and bombs, known as Pods, lying on every corner. Katniss and her team of soldiers, one of which includes friend Gale Hawthorne, must avoid all of these traps in order to make it to the President's mansion. I had read the books so I knew what was going to happen but I was still shocked at how brutal certain people's deaths were. One specific death scene had me in tears when I first watched it as the character was one of the most likable in the series and the character died in such a violent way. There was also another death scene which had me in tears but wasn't as violent as it was so sudden. These deaths may come as a shock to people who haven't read the books. There are several new characters played by some of the best actors. Despite being only on screen for a short time, they still manage to pull it off. In fact, every actor in this film was amazing, especially Jennifer Lawrence. She is perfect as Katniss and really understands her character well. Throughout the films, I think she's definitely matured and grown into the role. I've also got to mention Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. In The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, Peeta had a charming and sweet personality but in this film, he's lost that charm due to the Capitol torturing him. He goes from being violent one minute to being really emotional. Josh really managed to make me feel sympathy for Peeta. I think this is a great conclusion to one of the biggest film franchises and I would definitely say that it's the best of the four films as there's plenty of violence, suspense and emotional moments. With brilliant acting, intense scenes, amazing special effects and great directing, this is one of the best book- to-film adaptations I've ever watched.

The Revelation

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
7 May 2016

Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) goes with a team to become the symbol of the rebellion and when the team leader dies, she becomes the new leader. She lies to the group telling that Alma Coin (Julianne Moore) had secretly asked her to go to the Capital to assassinate President Snow (Donald Sutherland). Most of the team dies along the journey and when they are near to the target, a bomb explodes killing many innocent people including her sister. When Katniss recovers, she learns that the rebels have overthrown President Snow. She has an encounter with him and Snow reveals a Machiavellian plan.

"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2" is the conclusion of the story and despite the long running time, very few things happen. The most important is Snow's revelation and Katniss attitude toward Coin. Why Katniss has not resolved the situation at the round table when Coin proposed the new game? Was it necessary to do in front of the cameras? My vote is five.

Title (Brazil): "Jogos Vorazes: A Esperança - O Final" (The Hunger Games: The Hope – The Final")

Government

Author: bms48-968-25575
26 December 2015

Ahh, yes, our government, the real world. I love how Hollywood is showing us where our country is heading towards and the people are clueless to connect the dots between this movie and the real world. While our domestic military gets stronger (DHS, Police State, etc.), the middle class starts to die off. A huge gap between the rich and the rest of us... and how they control us using the television, just like the movie. And who are these domestic terrorists? Those who believe in Liberty, life, and the pursuit of happiness. The ending was expected, but a twist that I cannot wait for in the next movie. And please, when you're watching these Hollywood movies, try and find a connection to the what is happening in the real world.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (2015)

Author: horcrux2007
25 November 2015

The Hunger Games series has finally come to an end with the fourth and final film in the franchise and serves as a continuation of Mockingjay - Part 1. Part 2 makes up for Part 1's lack of action by being the darkest, most violent and grittiest Hunger Games film, even with the standards set by the previous films and succeeds in ending the saga in a suitably epic fashion. Mockingjay - Part 2 finds Katniss leading the rebels to the Capitol aiming to kill President Snow. The Gamemakers have rigged the entire city with lethal traps to make sport of their deaths, making it the most dangerous Hunger Games yet. If Part 1 was too slow or lacked adequate action, Part 2 is heart-pounding from beginning to end. The action scenes are more violent than anything seen in the series yet, making any deaths even more gut-wrenching. Fans of the series will find it hard to watch at times, and if you're like me, you'll be gripping your seat or hiding behind your shirt for a good portion of the film. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 ends one of the most exciting and relevant franchises today in a gripping, emotional and brutal way, and it might be the feel-bad movie of the year.

A Cultural Culmination

Author: hyperGermangirl from Orlando, Florida, United States of America
20 November 2015

This movie had a lot of spark in it like Harry Potter.

Jennifer Lawrence is such a good actor and made the success of the whole film a smooth process. She is such a cute girl.

I think what really stuck out in this movies was the young children, including, of course, Primrose. There was a girl with curly white hair, who was probably about 4 years old. She stuck out the most in the movie.

If you want a clear sign of the times, it's this movie. When I grew up, it was Harry Potter, and, as you all know, at the time it seemed to "consume" everything. Kids today themselves are, however, more spoiled than before. I think I am less bratty than most kids my age were/are, however. I think maybe movies later when we're older and less fresh/interested will start to feature especially aesthetic people like the little girl with curly white hair.

This movie was a lot of work with good results and deserves my 10/10.

My favorite installment of the entire series! Perfection!

Author: Davis P from United States
6 December 2015

The final installment of the hunger games brings us an extremely satisfying, exciting, and thrilling finale to the series! The movie was action packed, intelligent, well made, very well acted and just had everything right! Jennifer Lawrence of course was incredible, so was josh hutcherson and Liam hemsworth. Julianne Moore gave a very powerful performance as well. And then there's good old Donald Southerland, who gave a very focused and poignant performance. I was so pleased with the outcome of this film! The corruption of president Coin, Katniss and Peeta ending up together! I do however wish that Finnick O'daire would have made it to see the free Panem. The visual effects are very well done here as well! I cannot think of a single flaw in the final installment of the hunger games, an overwhelmingly satisfying movie to watch!! 10/10.

Page 1 of 38:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]