IMDb > "The Finder" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Finder"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The Finder" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Funny, witty and keeps you guessing

Author: cshook42-267-72623 from Mid-west, USA
16 January 2012

Great show with a great cast that work well together. We love the way "The Finder" puts things together. This is a very different series, it keeps you guessing as the "The Finder" goes on the hunt. It also gives you enough clues to put things together yourself. The characters are ones you want to pull for to do the right thing and you find yourself caring about how things work out for them. I am also happy to see Micheal Clark Duncan in this series, his character brings the right balance to the finder. We just hope it can stick around for a while and we will not lose "The Finder". Give it a look, you won't be disappointed.

LOVE the Finder

Author: csymin from texas
11 May 2012

I love this show -- and the new cast is, in my opinion, far better than the one-off prequel which introduced the show as it spun off from Bones. Geoff Stultz character is played brilliantly as is the whole supporting cast. Even Eric Roberts' gnarly turn as gypsy boss was excellently cast. Where did the writers' come up with this? I thought it far more original than anything else around (I'm sick of your typical CSI crime dramas) with lots of humor to go along with the clever scripts. Having just learned the show did not get renewed, I'm once again so annoyed at myself for giving Fox a chance. They seem to cancel everything I've ever liked and renew all the crap. Too bad. This cast, these writers, this concept were all awesome. I sure hope some other network picks them up. Fox infuriates me.

Great Show on my Do Not Miss List

Author: fractal-auctions-278-621772 from Ellsworth, Maine
22 April 2012

First off, if there was a way to give 20 stars I would. After years of CSI type shows, this is a breath of fresh air. The plots have unusual twists and the cast performs admirably.

I love the character of Willa, played to the tee by Maddie Hasson. A blond female youth role that is not the teen angst with a side of privileged cheer leading princess is such a refreshing change. Her character is strong while at the same time vulnerable, making one root for her.

The title character, the Finder, portrayed by Geoff Stults would drive you nuts as a friend but as entertainment he's a hoot. Locating the missing (fill in the blank) through a combination of observational skills and the ability to see what's going on outside the box, the route from A to B is never a straight line and is always entertaining.

Michael Clarke Duncan as Leo is a gem. He is actually the soul of the show and, in addition to being talented, has the most wonderful voice on television. I could listen to that man reading the phone book! All in all, this is one entertaining show that I hope has a long life and keeps writing the quarter bubble off plot lines. Well done all!

Love it

Author: Caroline McKeon from United States
28 January 2012

The show is just good, fun entertainment. Sometimes it's nice to be entertained and not have to think things through. I love the cast, great chemistry all around.

Plus, love the idea of living in a bar at the end of the world somewhere. Very appealing.

I'm not crazy about the gypsy connection and stealing stuff; I like Isabel and her connection with Walter. I like the "family" they have carved out for themselves. I like the BEST FRIENDS feeling; also how the four of them watch out for each other. You get the sense of genuine caring.

Of course it's nonsense. When I want Drama, I watch Dexter. For fun, I will watch The Finder.

Quirkiest new show on TV!

Author: RhondaH70 from United States
11 May 2012

Stellar cast and wonderful, refreshing new premise! They have great chemistry and I laugh out loud every episode.

I did not even know, nor do I now care, that it was a "spin-off" from Bones. My whole family loves it and I think Fox is mistaken if they cancel it without giving it a chance. I am SO sick of reality, music and cartoons! They pre-empt like crazy, moved shows around to where you don't even know what night it comes on and then wonder why ratings drop.

Maybe one day Fox will also realize that not all of their viewers are teenage airheads but some actually want TV that has a plot and entertains.

Something Different

Author: lamont-harden from United States
15 January 2012

This series appears to be just a bit different. We have the adviser guy with a religious soul, a juvenile bad girl, with sleazy family issues, and a FBI woman who helps with protection and provides muscle for the finder. Our main guy seems to be one who is off the rails and kind of quirky he can find anything he wants to find for the sake of closure for his clients or in the name of justice. I don't think many of us has seen this before.

His head quarters is a bar at the end of some dirt road near a swampy area in south Florida. Perfect for the type of character, mood this series wants to be.

One thing I really like, is they seem to be avoiding the trap of how long will they court each other before they give in to desires, well that was cleared up from the first episode, I think we are all a bit tired of that story.

They seem to all make a great team and I am looking forward to this show, a great contrast for bones fans so tune in, It's worth it.

Cancel Bones - Keep The Finder

Author: TheJayde from United States
13 May 2012

The Finder is by far better than it's predecessor, in that the characters are more well drawn, and the stories are fresher, as well as the actual methods that the main character uses to get to the end.

The characters are unique. Leo Knox played by Michael Clark Duncan was my favorite character, as he was the anchor to the show, and was a highly intelligent man who was also strong physically. Willa was a great addition because she was on the fringe of things, and brought a more youthful viewpoint to the going ons. Plus she's a gypsy, and how often do you see a protagonist that is a gypsy on TV? Simply - The Show is Very Well Done.

Great characters, great stories.

Author: uffb
5 May 2012

This is one of the best TV series out there. A very entertaining comedic drama... The regular characters are simply beautiful souls. The Finder's "Legal Adviser" stands out in this respect, but the other character each have their endearing quirks and come across as people anyone would love to have as a friend. Combine that with a quirky and engaging story line, and you have a series which is consistently one of the most entertaining and engaging things on TV these days. Sometimes the Rube Goldberg devices Walter creates to help his thought processes are clearly impossible for one person to create in under a month, but aside from the suspension of disbelief required for that, this series is essentially flawless.

Glad I Did Not Avoid This One

Author: PartialMovieViewer from United States
7 February 2012

THIS SHOW IS CANCELLED - AND WHY????? It usually takes anywhere from a few shows to a few seasons for a program to catch my interest. The family sat down to watch the first episode and I was about ready to wander into another room and watch, 'The History Channel.' (Why, 'The History Channel', they don't show anything dealing with history anymore.) One of my family members asked me to hang out for a bit – am I glad they did. This show is not serious at all; it's fun and funny; it is original and there is no subliminal lefty-in-your-face message. I know – I know – people are bound to disagree with me. Oh well. 'The Finder', is a crazy show, about a crazy guy, in a crazy environment and has one of the craziest (and interesting) talents…he finds stuff. Like most shows, a strong supporting cast is important and this show is no different. What a cast? The two women are super and are always in the mix – but Michael Clarke Duncan – what hoot? Talk about a valuable character. He is the glue that binds the whole show together. To the writers, directors and producers – please don't mess this show up. Awesome job!

VERY funny!

Author: giggedyguy from United States
3 February 2012

I liked bones, but I hardly ever watched it. My roommates love it and can't miss an episode. So when I heard about a spin off I was mildly curious. After reading about the plot I had to see it. I wasn't just happy that I did but I was ecstatic about it. Geoff Stults especially had my roommate and I rolling on the floor in episode 4. There are so many good shows to watch (none of them are on TNT IMO) and this is a must see for me.

As for the supporting cast I give them all 5 stars but Stults is funny just sitting still. Actually, he has the weirdest-looking head I've ever seen in a TV show. Where did he get that chin???

Superb show that will touch your funny bone in all the right places.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]