IMDb > "Men at Work" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Men at Work"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Men at Work" More at IMDbPro »

Painfully underrated

Author: ssmorris-14 from United States
29 June 2012

I enjoyed Danny Masterson in That 70's Show so I decided to give this one a try. To my pleasant surprise, this is one of the few shows that I actually laugh out loud at. The structure could use improvement and the story lines are predictable But that's not why I watch this show. I watch it to laugh and the thing that is most conducive to that is the chemistry between the characters. If the laugh tracks weren't obnoxious, which I don't mind too much, I would feel like its a funnier version of the relationship the friends in entourage. Needs a little work, but the core which is so important is there so I'm praying for a second season.

Great summer show

Author: carternat
16 June 2012

This is a nice lighthearted summer comedy. It has great one liners and enough to keep you chuckling throughout the show. I'd love it more if it were on at 9 instead of 10 but it's worth staying up to watch. As a matter of fact, I'm watching it on On Demand now to catch episodes that I missed. It would need more substance to make it as a fall/winter sitcom I think but for summer, it's perfect. Danny Masterson and James Lesure make the show and are pleasant on the eyes! It's also nice to see an all male cast and also writers that aren't afraid to push the envelope. There are many times when I have been glad that I wasn't eating while watching the show because I would have had food spewing from my mouth (it actually happened once). I also think there's some reality to the show--they have said things on TV that I have said to my friends--race,sex, relationship, etc. things that seem taboo on standard sitcoms are not off-limits here and that's what makes the show great. I personally hope the show lasts because it is a great way to unwind after a mentally exhausting/draining day.

Hidden gem!

Author: GoTGeEk827809
5 May 2013

This show is a hidden gem. The way TBS promotes it is not-so-great, they definitely do not show the funny parts, which is why it took me so long to tune in. They show the characters as extremely corny and promote it as a show only about guys "busting chops". But it is way more than that! Gibbs and Tyler are awesome (not to mention hot- for the ladies ) and all the characters interact so well. They also have great guest stars on this show! I hope this show gets picked up for season 3, because it is extremely funny and entertaining! One of the best episodes yet was the season 1 finale. Very clever! Give it a try- you will not be disappointed, I promise!!!

Great show that is new and cutting edge

Author: Pratik Patel from Canada
13 June 2012

It has been a while since any of these guys have done anything. Danny Masterson plays the same character that he played on "that 70's show". This is one of the main reasons to go watch this show. It almost makes you think that if Steven had moved to New York or was developed with new media this would be the perfect handle. I was especially impressed by the show's ability to be open about the differences in relationship between a group of guys and girls. I have always been a fan of James Lesure. I do agree that he is a bit older to play the role of Gibbs but keep in mind that he does work for a magazine, and just like in "Just Shoot Me". He can pull of a womanizing photographer that gets a lot of action. Hope this show sticks so that he can have a regular gig. The idea is strong and I have yet to be disappointed, hope they can maintain the tempo and not lose it. Most comedies do by the time second seasons comes along.

absolutely great show

Author: jescovitz7 from United States
26 June 2012

this show is awesome. it has made me laugh several, several times and I keep watching episodes over and over. milo and gibbs are great, but i like neal too, he's kind of an x factor, a smart guy who kind of lays low while the others go above and beyond. gibbs and tyler are kind of sexually orientated but they are still very funny because they are kind of desperate in everything that they do, while again while neal lays low, he has the hot girlfriend.

in summary, this show is great, and in my opinion is very appropriate for the family as long as it can be understood by everyone in the family.

Author: sterny77 from New York, USA
31 May 2012

Despite the stereotypical sitcom-ic nature of the show's storyline, the dynamics of the characters, along with the cast itself, provide a new take on the old stalwart that is the sitcom.

The four male main cast creates a sort of Sex and the City for men; it appeals particularly to my male sense of brotherhood and humor. Much similar to the award winning "The New Girl", it exhibits perhaps more cheek, and can achieve much more. The male-centric element provides a type of humor that is so much more than what other reviewers are calling "Balls jokes" and "1992 humor". Sure, it may be juvenile, but so is the humor of almost every other sitcom out there, and that's the beauty of it. The way it's carried out by the stellar cast is what completes the picture and makes it more than what I've had the pleasure of seeing before.

The jokes flow well, are unexpected and had me not being able to remember a time that I enjoyed a sitcom this much; and I've always been a big fan of Seinfeld, Friends, That 70's Show, How I Met Your Mother, Arrested Development, and more recently Two and a Half Men, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory and the New Girl.

This show is severely underrated, and shouldn't have the same star rating that "How to be a Gentleman" is receiving; although that's not to say that HTBAG deserves it either.

I rate it at a 7/10 at least, however I'm giving it a 10/10 on the site to boost it from ridiculous patrons who have put 1 or 2/10 just because they're too close minded on the matter.

I'm a raving fan

Author: T Ploughman
21 January 2014

Just discovered this show and I LOVE it! It's laugh out loud funny. I don't just laugh once or twice an episode but laugh out loud several times every episode. The characters are all really well played (casting is excellent) and the story lines are fun, interesting, sometimes touching, other times outrageous. There's definitely times when I can really relate to situations they're in which makes it all the funnier. There are moments in the show when I wonder if they're still on script cause everyone seems to feed off each other and they're clearing having fun too. Definitely check this one out. I hope to see many, many more seasons of Men at Work!

Clueless, Dumped, Pretty Boys & Ladies Man!

Author: ( from United States
19 July 2016

The show had potential to be a hit more like a lighthearted soulful Entourage. The cast includes four young male actors who work at a New York City magazine. Danny Masterson plays Milo who was just dumped by his girlfriend. There is his coworkers clueless Neal with a girlfriend, ladies man Gibbs and pretty boy Tyler in the cast. Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons played their wealthy boss. There are notable guest appearances like Laura Prepon and Kathy Najimy. It is a basic sitcom with brash language at times. It is entertaining overall. The cast do a formidable job and the writing could be better though at times. It is a likable sitcom with great potential. It aired on TBS for a short run of 31 episodes.

Hilarious Show!!

Author: bahaar18 from India
25 December 2014

Im not sure why was the show canceled 'coz I REALLY want to know what happened after Season 3 ended.. Please please please bring it back :-)

All 4 characters are so endearing and the actors have played the roles amazingly well.. Its a funny & intelligent comedy and I hope the studio brings it back. The relationship between Jude & Tyler was just beginning to add a spark to the story line and I really wanna know HOW Milo adjusts back in his old work place. Myron moved up and that would have been fun to follow.. Gibbs & Neal were also growing as characters.. Ugh I hope there is a season 4 sometime in 2015.

Excellent work!!!

Best Show Since That 70s Show

Author: Courtney Reiter Kiggins Cassidy (sherriecassidy86)
7 January 2014

Best show ever put out! My favorite Characters are: Tyler Mitchell and Milo Foster! I just Loved Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde in that 70s show! Michael Cassidy VI plays Tyler, he is so funny n handsome, I personally think Season 3 will be as Great as Seasons 1 & 2! I am ready to see more Milo Foster N Tyler Mitchell! Tyler Mitchell is really smart and great with the ladies! Tyler has a slip up with the women just like all people! Tyler Mitchell is awesome n lovable so hoping he will stay that way for a long time coming! I like this show a lot! I give this show a 10 excellent rating! I hope this show keeps going as long as That 70s Show did or even longer because it has the best actors that are funny, outgoing, caring, great sense of humor!