IMDb > Fred 2: Night of the Living Fred (2011) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Fred 2: Night of the Living Fred

Fred 2: Night of the Living Fred (TV) More at IMDbPro »

To quote the Nostalgia Critic: "You Are Scum!"

Author: anthony-rigoni from United States
11 July 2012

I'm not kidding you, this is the sequel to an already horrendous movie back in 2010. This time, Kevin's little sister(For some reason, I don't know what her name is) makes her debut and Fred falls in love with her instead of Judy(About time he quits pursuing that bimbo). And you'd never believe what kind of stupid, idiotic plot it has: Fred Figglehorn thinks the new teacher is some kind of monster after watching a horror movie. Boy, Fred must be having some serious issues around here. And let me guess, this movie is parodying some movies such as Night of Living Dead and Twilight: New Moon, right? You bet your sweet Aunt Fanny it is! And boy, does this movie suck at it! Oh look! It's the same characters from the last movie and they still suck! And yes, Kevin, Fred's Mom, and Bertha(Not played by Jennette McCurdy this time) are in it as well. And I pity the numb-nuts who gave this movie ten stars out of ten!

Better than the first

Author: PhantomDragon96 from United States
5 November 2011

It was better than the first one. The writing was a little better. But it was still really annoying to me. I only watched it because my friend wouldn't get off my back until I did. So I finally watched it last night. I was surprised by the fact that I enjoyed it a little. Bu his voice still makes me want to rip my ears off. However, I love Jake Weary, Ariel Winters, and John Cena, so that made the movie far more bearable. So overall, the movie was annoying, irritating, pointless, and not at all an awesome movie. But if you've been a Fred fan for a long time, you'd probably enjoy it a lot more than I did. As I said before, it was WAY WAY better than the first one, which I wouldn't even rate a one. more like a - 9..

Fred 2: Return of the Living Nightmare character

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
23 August 2013

The first movie was unwatchable and one of the worst movies ever made. Fred 2 is a smidgen better, but that is saying very little as it is still horrible in every department. Of the acting, the best performance comes from Siobhan Fallon who has some comic timing that are wasted by how badly written the movie is. John Cena is also amusing and watchable at least. The rest however either can't do anything with their roles or are a real annoyance. Lucas Cruishank is the absolute worst, he can't act out of a paper bag and if there is a voice more painfully ear-splitting it's personally yet to be heard.

The characters are some of the most obnoxious and stupid ever, while the writing is lazy, has no heart or charm and is not funny at all. The WWE skit was just embarrassing. The story is very thin and predictable, nowhere near enough to sustain nearly an hour and a half. Not to mention so idiotic that it insults the intelligence, as well as losing any kind of energy in the second half. There are parody-like scenes here and there but they suffer from being too obvious and being very poorly written that they are in no way funny or scary. Fred 2 looks cheap too, it never rises above hurriedly made made for TV quality and the settings are gaudy and lifeless.

All in all, at least it's not as bad as the first but it is still horrible. 1/10 Bethany Cox

they're times we look back and remember good times, and bad times. This is one of these bad times

Author: nukeman-00359 from United States
12 January 2016

so, what can top off a movie where 25% of the film was Fred screaming? well how about a plot about him trying to convince everyone about a vampire. Most of the scenes don't have anything to do with anything, there's a scene where Fred's dad played by John Cena and it feels like it was a self promotion for him to do it, another one is when Fred and Bertha are at the school and they come to a blood drive, Mr. Devlin reveals to be an alien sucks out Fred's blood and then the next scene is fine, what? i mean it has it's flaws. Like how there's no Judy, in this one we get Kevin's sister. I don't remember him having a sister all in all, it is not as bad as his animated series *Shudders*

A pleasant surprise considering the unwatchable original.

Author: Monolight
9 June 2013

Let me start by saying that I hated the original. It was unintentionally creepy and had no laughs, only pathetic attempts and Fred himself was painful to watch and/or hear.

Here, from the get go, the style has changed. Fred is no longer the only active character so we don't see as much of him, the humor took a step in the right direction and there's a lot less seizures in front of the camera. The story is basically a silly Halloween tale about vampires. A creepy teacher moves into the neighborhood, he acts weirdly, so Fred starts thinking he's a vampire. Incidentally, there's no sign of Jane, or July, or whatever her name was, the actress presumably finally understanding she was in a Fred movie and quickly ran away as far from the set as possible. Most of the characters are no longer just stereotypes, by which I mean they're not as annoying.

In the first part of the movie some of the jokes work, more or less. They're a lot more varied and strange, in a good way, and they're driven by the plot. Some gags of course fall so flat on their faces it's embarrassing (I'm looking at you WWE skit). As Fred grows more and more convinced the teacher is a vampire he decides to spray everyone with garlic to protect them. This is where the movie loses all the funny (the little it had) and just starts going through the motions. It also runs out of plot half-way through and turns into a collection of joyless scenes throwing in whatever it can think of.

All in all, far from good, but a lot better than the original. This movie actually has some laughs, although, not nearly enough to counterbalance the annoying unfunny parts.

"Fred 2: Night of living Fred" is silly Halloween movie.

Author: paulnuti from Wyckoff NJ
12 October 2015

Happy Halloween Guys and today I'm going to review "Fred 2: Night of Living Fred" which is Fred think his music teacher is a vampire and tells people that he is one. I also like to point out that Daniella Monet plays Breaths in this one instead of Jennette Mccurdy. Anyway Fred talks to everybody and tries to tell them that Mr. Devlin is a vampire. Fred's dad John Cena and Fred get in to a wrestling match Kevin and Mr. Devlin on WWE Smack Down.(By the way I'm not a wrestling fan). Ariel Winter plays Tilia Kevin's little sister and Fred freaks out about. Anyway this is a silly Halloween movie(well not really a Halloween Movie) but it's funny. Anyway I'm giving "Fred 2: Night of the living" a 10 out 10 stars. Anyway See ya.

Good Movie Until Fred Appears!

Author: Dylan Simone from Jamison, PA
17 September 2012

Fred is your average teenage kid. He sleeps late, acts strange, and doesn't really know the concept of a Low Pitched Voicer. I did not enjoy Fred's high & annoying voice, which made the movie a 2 star movie. I liked the movie a lot, but I just think that Fred's voice needs to change. The movie got poor reception, but I thought the movie was funny, enjoyable, and kind of silly too. What do I mean by silly? Well, Fred hung out in Mr. Devlin's house looking for something in his basement. It did have a very nice ending, as did the other Fred films. I loved the non-stop action when Fred finds out that Mr. Devlin is a vampire, which is not true. Fred imagines that Mr. DEvlin's dangerous since he's a vampire, but once again, he's not dangerous because he's NOT a vampire! It's like saying I'm a Newfoundland dog or something. The movie was a little nutty, but that's okay, because it still made sense. The characters included a new girl named Talia, Fred's friend Bertha, and a few other people, like Mr. Devlin. It sounds crazy, but I actually thought Fred was hysterically funny! The movie was phenomenal! I was so jubilant to see the movie now look at me! I love this movie! I rate it 99 stars!

Funny, silly, cute movie

Author: frugala from United States
12 November 2011

In the world of stupid silly cute movies i give this an 8. Definitely not 8 as compared to Star Wars or Indian Jones, but as compared to Pee Wee Herman, or The Muppets, or maybe Dumb and Dumber. Part of the high rating is that the first movie was a bunch of silly clips tied together to make a movie, whereas this movie actually had a story line, and pretty good one at that. We watched it with the kids, and mom and dad liked it better than the kids,(they liked the first one better). If you are in the mood for cute stupid silly funny, this is a good choice. Fred wasn't as annoying as he was in the first movie, and he was more of a real person in this movie. His friend Bertha was played by a different actress, but they look a lot alike. The younger sister from Modern Family starred as the evil neighbor kids little sister. Fred's mom had some funny lines, and his "Dad" made some excellent appearances. Definitely a fun surprise for me that I enjoyed this one so much.

Fred 2 is a masterpiece

Author: jaemiewaters from United States
18 June 2012

Fred 2 is a masterpiece i think you will enjoy this wonderful movie that will make you scream and shout and laugh it is a much watch TV movie for sure if you are looking for a funny movie than this is the movie for you than it is worth 19.99 but now it is 13.45 i hope you enjoy this wonderful classic if you liked Fred the Movie than you will enjoy Fred 2 Night of the living Fred it is a movie that make you say wow lets watch that again that is how good Fred 2 Night of the living Fred i hope you enjoy it as much as i did it is one of a kind Fred is funny in this movie this is one of a kind movie that should be out in theaters or in real D 3D and in IMAX 3D now would that be cool seeing Fred in IMAX 3D Nick you did a great gob on this movie you have to see Fred 2 Night of the living Fred before this upcoming Halloween because this Halloween is that new Tim Burton movie and that will be Sold Out for sue i knew no one who enjoyed Fred 2 Night of the living Fred but i enjoyed it

Fred 2 surpasses the first film with its fantastic writing and hilarious cast!

Author: FanPerspective from United States
22 October 2011

In 2010, Nickelodeon aired FЯED: The Movie, and I'll be honest.. I was a bit skeptical at first. I've been a fan of the YouTube videos from the start and think Lucas Cruikshank is a talented and very funny guy, but you just have to wonder what's going to happen when this character gets commercialized in such a big way. To my surprise (and I'm sure everyone else's), the movie ended up being hilarious! The writing was brilliantly funny and the comedic timing of everyone in the ensemble was spot on. So, when the sequel was announced I had no doubts that all of us fans were in for a real treat! In the film, we meet Fred as his life becomes like a horror movie -- his favorite music teacher has gone missing and all suspicions point to her replacement, Mr. Devlin (played eerily by Seth Morris). He is a pale man who dresses in all black and carries an umbrella in the sunlight... Fred suspects that he's a vampire! With the help of his faithful friend, Bertha (Daniella Monet), Fred sets out to save the town from this garlic-hating fiend! I thought the movie was really good! It was a little bumpy at first, but after about 15 minutes it really got going and delivered some great comedy! And I venture to say that it was even better than the first film! I will say that I missed Jennette McCurdy being in the cast, but Daniella Monet really did a good job at stepping into the role of Bertha. I liked the character of Kevin more in this film (played once again by Jake Weary). He seemed much more involved and was very funny. And playing Kevin's sister, so weirdly and comically, was Modern Family's own Ariel Winter.

I really liked seeing the plot evolve out of Fred just being obsessed with Judy. I think it really made the film more enjoyable. I also liked seeing the return of Fred's parents, played by Siobhan Fallon Hogan and John Cena -- especially Cena who was actually super funny.. a favorite scene of mine involved Fred discussing with his dad how to get rid of the vampire: Dad Figglehorn: "Vampires hate baseball players... Vampires are always yelling at baseball players!" Fred: "I think you mean umpires, dad..." The film really delivered a lot more than I had hoped for in a TV sequel. The writing by David A. Goodman was fantastic and Cruikshank was on his A-game delivering a hilarious performance! I really enjoyed it and hope that anyone who loves comedy will check it out! It's not just for kids.. it's got something in there for everyone!