IMDb > Stash House (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Stash House More at IMDbPro »

It's the Applebee's of Thrillers

Author: lojitsu
21 August 2012

Here's The Lowedown on "Stash House" (A Thriller DVD review)...LIKED IT!

Genre: 6 Movie: 4.5

What's it about? A couple love their new house, bought for a steal out of a foreclosure. During their first visit they find illegal drugs stashed...in the walls, and they realize this is not their dream house. As they are about to leave, suddenly their exit is blocked by a gun-wielding neighbor Spector and his accomplice.

What did I think? It was pretty good. You got Dolph Lundgren and Sean Faris, so don't expect an Oscar worthy performance. For what it was, it was entertaining enough to rent but not to buy. It's like going out to dinner and you come out satisfied. The food was forgettable, but you weren't hungry when you left. It's the Applebee's of thrillers. I give "Stash House" a small, bullet-sized RENT IT.

terrible movie

Author: wsmith80 from United States
6 September 2012

This movie was actually painful to watch. The couple in it were extremely stupid whiny and annoying. Dolf was actually by far the best actor in this movie and that is not saying much. Dear director and screenwriter if you want to make a movie like this watchable, please make the couple at least likable.

To the casting director, I know you are on a budget but you can find lots of starving actors who are 1000 times better than these 2. To the actors well I suggest you find another line of work.

I only gave it 1 star because I couldn't give it zero. IMDb please add that option

Got what I expected, Not that bad of a movie.

Author: garycbelleville from Canada
18 September 2012

I will start off by saying that I am a Dolph Lundgren fan. I will however say that I have not loved every movie he has made but I am still a fan. I like how he plays his roles as honest as possible. He doesn't fake it to try to be something he is not. He is not a great actor but a good and honest actor he always give 100% of himself.

That being said I can not rate the movie on that and him alone. if you have seem some of his other films and enjoyed them well this one is pretty much the same. The cosmetic view point in this one is even better than normal for his style of films. The story was much better too and the rest of the actors played there part pretty good although I though Dolph was the best. Please don't expect a grand master piece when watching this, remember what type of movie you are going to watch and then sit down and enjoy. Too many people sit down to a Dolph Movie or Stallone or Jean-Claude Vandamme and expect a award winning movie. Why ? When has that ever occurred. Then they say it was a waste of time. .... well sure if that is what they were expecting , they're right but it wasn't the movie's fault.

I sat through this and just relaxed and enjoyed like ones supposed to do.

The new Lundgren movie...is there anything else to say? I have seen worse from him though. Still kinda lame. I say C-.

Author: Tony Heck (cosmo_tiger@hotmail.com) from United States
3 July 2012

"I bet somebody $20 that you wouldn't find that stash tonight. I guess I lost." Dave (Faris) & Emma (Evigan) have found the perfect house in a great neighborhood with great neighbors. While on their first night there they discover a hidden closet filled with heroin. Thinking the best option is to leave and call the cops they walk outside and their neighbor tells them that that is a bad idea. Running back into the house they have no option but to toss out the stash to the people waiting for them, but that is not all they were looking for. So going into this I had low expectations because of the fact that this is a Lundgren movie. In my opinion he peaked in Rocky. This is another mindless action movie that is good enough to keep you watching but still a movie you forget as you are watching. If you are a fan of Lundgren you will like this movie. If you aren't I have to say I have seen worse from him. Overall, everything that a typical Lundgren usually has. Lame plot, acting and a movie that you forget as you watch. I give it a C-.

Stash House

Author: Phil Hubbs from UK
10 February 2015

This film is made out to be an action film but to me it felt more like a thriller really. The whole idea is kinda similar to the film 'Panic Room' accept the panic room in this is the whole house.

The plot is simple yet not entirely well thought out either. A young couple buy a large house (which seems completely out of their league frankly) and are just about to move in. After some snooping they find a huge quantity of heroine stashed away (oh STASH house I get it hehehehehe), almost immediately the criminals that own the drugs turn up and start to terrorise them.

The thing is I still am not entirely sure what they are really trying to achieve. It turns out they don't want the drugs but are in fact after something else. Obviously I can't say but even when we do discover what they are after there is no real reason for it. There is naturally big dealings behind all this with big mob boss fat cats pulling the strings but the plot to me felt very shallow, almost as if its just an excuse to have some cool thriller action sequences inside a cool house/mansion.

Dolph turns in a good performance I must admit, he certainly has grown from his straight to DVD crapola he used to churn out. This film is a much better vehicle clearly with good production values and some care behind its creation. All the scenes look quite slick and moody with great lighting, the action gets pretty intense and bloody and the other lesser known cast do a good job (even though the female lead is really annoying when she cries).

Its not grade A stuff of course, there are issues here and there, the ending is particularly daft...tonnes of police at the scene yet no one is noticing what's going on by the ambulance? and where is the crew? Better than the fluff you might be expecting that's for sure but end of the day the whole plot makes no sense really. Why on earth didn't the criminals just do what they wanted to do before the house was sold?! it just seems like they give themselves a lot of hard work.

If Your Dolph Lundgren Fan like me this movie is really noting special

Author: nikola17 from Australia
31 May 2015

Dolph Lundgren doesn't really do much in movie, i am huge fan of Dolph Lundgren The Expendables Franchise,Universal Solider Franchise,Army of One i really love but i wish he was main character in main role film but it looks like it he is main role but he is not the actually main role he is villain but not much of psychopath like Universal Soldier i thought him as villain in movie was wasn't good character just he

didn't do much in movie.Actress i am fine with(Briana Evigan)Amy Step Up franchise had Husband (Sean Fears) David Never Back Down found perfect for him and his wife a house with nobody has own it. perfect neighborhood Thinking the best option is to leave and call the cops they walk outside and their neighbor tells them that that is a bad idea. Running back into the house they have no option but to toss out the stash to the people waiting for them, but that is not all they were looking for. David found wall full of heron drugs over there house Thinking the best option is to leave and call the cops they walk outside and their neighbor tells them that that is a bad idea. Running back into the house they have no option but to toss out the stash to the people waiting for them, but that is not all they were looking for.

wife and husband doing noting they found drugs in house and fight for there life's.(Dolph Lundgren)Andy was Main Villain this isn't your typical action movie with Dolph Lundgren that he wanted house back then his Crew (Jon Huertas) Ray Jaffe try's kill David and Amy what they saw beyond wall of full of heron drugs over there house they wanna go back but that's what i don't get why did they leave house it was on sale where did they go ? this movie was more of thriller not even action flick i mean i wish that Dolph was main hero saving his kids all that but Dolph was villain in movie but he wasn't much better he didn't do much action was good in film i am OK with b-class films, it's not that i hate movie i liked 5.10 but it wasn't Dolph film even he didn't do much beside he killing people not much breaking David fingers i must break David fingers witch scene i liked i thought this movie was OK

thriller it's good to see a bit different Dolph character was villain but i have seen better. i have enjoyed Dolph and Briana Evigan characters and Sean fears Dolph was actually by far the best actor in this movie and that is not saying much about this movie it's bit like Dolph Lundgren Delivers it's Panic Room Meet Hostage (2005) Bruce

Willis Stash house should have been Dolph Lundgren main role visiting his kids in house with his wife and then he use to work with bad guys drug dealers trying kill his family and then Dolph fights,protected his family should have been 5.10 there is really noting much to say about this movie i like Dolph as main hero OK villain but that's enough being villain not doing much he was better villain in Rocky 4 (1985) and Universal Soldier franchise Director Eduardo Rodriguez who did El Gringo,Fright Night 2 Remake didn't put more effort to movie i wish this movie did better 5.10

Not even good as a B movie

Author: djlaw69 from Canada
30 December 2012

I love watching good and bad movies, the bad ones are always worth a laugh. This movie however, was something completely different. Dolph Lundgren is an actor that I enjoy watching, he's not really all that good, but he's not terrible. The movie itself though, is terrible. I found myself yelling at the screen by the end of it.

There were many situations that just seemed way too unreasonable. The ending was a cluster of "where is everybody now?", "no one would do that" and "are you kidding me?". The film seems to have been shot all through CCTV and hand-held camcorders. Reminded me of watching the Blair Witch Project, but without the laughs.

Even if you are a fan of the actors, I could not recommend this movie as it makes them seem worse than they are. It had potential to be something better, but failed many times. If your looking for a movie with this kind of "setup", then try Panic Room or Hostage.

Frustrating.

Author: inusp from Pretoria, South Africa
8 November 2012

The story of a couple that purchased a house previously used as a stash house is the most frustrating movie that I have ever wasted time to watch. The main characters continue to make stupid and unrealistic mistakes from beginning to end. It is as if the whole story line was not properly thought through. It gets to a point where you just want to stop the pain and walk away. For instance who would in the midst of imminent life threatening danger make out for minutes on end, that is abnormal. The main character gets shot in the beginning of the movie and then carries on throughout the whole movie without even the slightest sign of pain. I know police aren't always the brightest bunch but if the police in my city were as stupid as those in the movie, I'd rather kill myself before I call for help. Bad script, bad, predictable story line. No surprises here sorry.

Tense Thriller

Author: zardoz-13 from United States
28 July 2012

The problem with most contemporary movies is the question of credibility. Most action epics constitute theme park thrill rides with outlandish stunts that cost mega bucks not only to stage but also to enhance with CGI effects. Hollywood always tries to scale down their budgets but rarely their believability when it comes to action pictures. Venezuela-born director Eduardo Rodriguez and freshman scenarist Gary Spinelli strive for credibility in "Stash House," with Dolph Lundgren and Briana Evigan. This well-made but often nondescript melodrama weds three genres: the surveillance saga, the house pictures, and the crime thriller. Lots of movies are now depicting their narratives from the perspective of surveillance cameras, like the "Paranormal Activity" flicks. We've also had a rash of movies about haunted housed. Usually, these movies concern houses that are either inhabited by supernatural adversaries as well as the setting for evil things. Since Don Siegel's 1958 melodrama "The Line Up," Hollywood has used the plot about the innocent people who learn than drug dealers have hidden their illicit narcotics in their belongings, since as the Audrey Hepburn movie "Wait Until Dark." A young married couple lands the real estate deal of a lifetime until they realize to their horror that their sumptuous house is a hiding place for concealing heroin supplies and a prison for a California drug enforcement czar. No sooner do our cute couple discover hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of heroin than they encounter two ruthless adversaries that lay siege to their house. One of the cartel gunmen is Dolph Lungren and he isn't happy about the circumstances. "Stash House" isn't bad and the husband and wife twosome are appropriately sympathetic, while Dolph plays a murderous villain who occasionally comes to their aid. Pretty Briana Evigan of "Step Up 2 the Streets" plays a veterinarian. Despite the apparent claustrophobic setting, "Stash House" emerges as rather nimble, particularly the ending when the villainous Dolph masquerades as our heroine's father. Clearly, "Stash House" couldn't have cost too much after they paid off Dolph and Briana. The action takes place in two settings, an animal clinic and the house were the drugs are stashed. The villain thinks of a cool way to bluff himself out of the house swarming with police for a finale that is provocative. Dolph gives a good account of himself. Neither as visually flamboyant or nor as free-wheeling as Rodriguez's later shoot'em up "El Gringo," "Stash House" is better than average and doesn't wear out its welcome.

This got me riled up

Author: jackatwo from Australia
15 January 2016

Wow: This movie directed by Eduardo Rodriguez who should really start thinking of retiring from making any more bad movies.

The movie was unrealistic and badly acted by Briana Evigan and Sean Faris, who in there right mind would want to kiss when their own lives are in danger, The story line in some places was pretty ridiculous and makes one get ready to stop watching.

Dolph Lundgren, as normal acted great as with Jon Huertas which was a bad ass, and was really great acting the part really well. I cant blame the actors for poor acting but it could have been a great story if it was directed right,

Personally I would say this was one of the worst movies I ever seen, it was my curiosity that kept me watching it. Others of course who watch it may have a different view,