IMDb > Stash House (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Stash House More at IMDbPro »

terrible movie

Author: wsmith80 from United States
6 September 2012

This movie was actually painful to watch. The couple in it were extremely stupid whiny and annoying. Dolf was actually by far the best actor in this movie and that is not saying much. Dear director and screenwriter if you want to make a movie like this watchable, please make the couple at least likable.

To the casting director, I know you are on a budget but you can find lots of starving actors who are 1000 times better than these 2. To the actors well I suggest you find another line of work.

I only gave it 1 star because I couldn't give it zero. IMDb please add that option

Got what I expected, Not that bad of a movie.

Author: garycbelleville from Canada
18 September 2012

I will start off by saying that I am a Dolph Lundgren fan. I will however say that I have not loved every movie he has made but I am still a fan. I like how he plays his roles as honest as possible. He doesn't fake it to try to be something he is not. He is not a great actor but a good and honest actor he always give 100% of himself.

That being said I can not rate the movie on that and him alone. if you have seem some of his other films and enjoyed them well this one is pretty much the same. The cosmetic view point in this one is even better than normal for his style of films. The story was much better too and the rest of the actors played there part pretty good although I though Dolph was the best. Please don't expect a grand master piece when watching this, remember what type of movie you are going to watch and then sit down and enjoy. Too many people sit down to a Dolph Movie or Stallone or Jean-Claude Vandamme and expect a award winning movie. Why ? When has that ever occurred. Then they say it was a waste of time. .... well sure if that is what they were expecting , they're right but it wasn't the movie's fault.

I sat through this and just relaxed and enjoyed like ones supposed to do.

It's the Applebee's of Thrillers

Author: lojitsu
21 August 2012!/pages/The-Lowedown/386583633764

Here's The Lowedown on "Stash House" (A Thriller DVD review)...LIKED IT!

Genre: 6 Movie: 4.5

What's it about? A couple love their new house, bought for a steal out of a foreclosure. During their first visit they find illegal drugs the walls, and they realize this is not their dream house. As they are about to leave, suddenly their exit is blocked by a gun-wielding neighbor Spector and his accomplice.

What did I think? It was pretty good. You got Dolph Lundgren and Sean Faris, so don't expect an Oscar worthy performance. For what it was, it was entertaining enough to rent but not to buy. It's like going out to dinner and you come out satisfied. The food was forgettable, but you weren't hungry when you left. It's the Applebee's of thrillers. I give "Stash House" a small, bullet-sized RENT IT.

The new Lundgren there anything else to say? I have seen worse from him though. Still kinda lame. I say C-.

Author: Tony Heck ( from United States
3 July 2012

"I bet somebody $20 that you wouldn't find that stash tonight. I guess I lost." Dave (Faris) & Emma (Evigan) have found the perfect house in a great neighborhood with great neighbors. While on their first night there they discover a hidden closet filled with heroin. Thinking the best option is to leave and call the cops they walk outside and their neighbor tells them that that is a bad idea. Running back into the house they have no option but to toss out the stash to the people waiting for them, but that is not all they were looking for. So going into this I had low expectations because of the fact that this is a Lundgren movie. In my opinion he peaked in Rocky. This is another mindless action movie that is good enough to keep you watching but still a movie you forget as you are watching. If you are a fan of Lundgren you will like this movie. If you aren't I have to say I have seen worse from him. Overall, everything that a typical Lundgren usually has. Lame plot, acting and a movie that you forget as you watch. I give it a C-.

Lundgrens Purge....

Author: FlashCallahan from Leicester, United Kingdom
31 August 2013

A couple buy a house out of a foreclosure. They find illegal drugs stashed in the walls, and they realise this is not their dream house.

As they are about to leave, their exit is blocked by a neighbour and his accomplice. They realise the house is hiding more than drugs - it's an operation centre buried beneath the floorboards.

On the run from the killers who want the drugs and evidence, the resourceful couple will need to turn the tables on their attackers to survive....

One of the rare occasions where Dolph plays a bad guy, this isn't your typical action movie, in fact, its more of a thriller than anything else.

If you've seen The Purge, then you've seen this, obviously with different story and narrative, but its basically the same, a vulnerable couple in a safe house with no where to go, and vicious stalkers trying anything to get what they want.

Its not original, but it looks great, and some of the camera work is worthy of a cinematic release.

The couple are nothing special, they are generic and are just there, they get injured, panic, and creep up behind the villains on several occasions to get weapons.

Lundgren is fine, he's in his Business man mode, wearing a suit and acting intelligent, and his annoying partner is just there to be angry, and to make things more urgent.

All in all, its nothing special, it passes the time, but it looks great....

Not even good as a B movie

Author: djlaw69 from Canada
30 December 2012

I love watching good and bad movies, the bad ones are always worth a laugh. This movie however, was something completely different. Dolph Lundgren is an actor that I enjoy watching, he's not really all that good, but he's not terrible. The movie itself though, is terrible. I found myself yelling at the screen by the end of it.

There were many situations that just seemed way too unreasonable. The ending was a cluster of "where is everybody now?", "no one would do that" and "are you kidding me?". The film seems to have been shot all through CCTV and hand-held camcorders. Reminded me of watching the Blair Witch Project, but without the laughs.

Even if you are a fan of the actors, I could not recommend this movie as it makes them seem worse than they are. It had potential to be something better, but failed many times. If your looking for a movie with this kind of "setup", then try Panic Room or Hostage.

Author: inusp from Pretoria, South Africa
8 November 2012

The story of a couple that purchased a house previously used as a stash house is the most frustrating movie that I have ever wasted time to watch. The main characters continue to make stupid and unrealistic mistakes from beginning to end. It is as if the whole story line was not properly thought through. It gets to a point where you just want to stop the pain and walk away. For instance who would in the midst of imminent life threatening danger make out for minutes on end, that is abnormal. The main character gets shot in the beginning of the movie and then carries on throughout the whole movie without even the slightest sign of pain. I know police aren't always the brightest bunch but if the police in my city were as stupid as those in the movie, I'd rather kill myself before I call for help. Bad script, bad, predictable story line. No surprises here sorry.

If Your Dolph Lundgren Fan like me this movie is really noting special

Author: nikola17 from Australia
31 May 2015

Dolph Lundgren doesn't really do much in movie, i am huge fan of Dolph Lundgren The Expendables Franchise,Universal Solider Franchise,Army of One i really love but i wish he was main character in main role film but it looks like it he is main role but he is not the actually main role he is villain but not much of psychopath like Universal Soldier i thought him as villain in movie was wasn't good character just he

didn't do much in movie.Actress i am fine with(Briana Evigan)Amy Step Up franchise had Husband (Sean Fears) David Never Back Down found perfect for him and his wife a house with nobody has own it. perfect neighborhood Thinking the best option is to leave and call the cops they walk outside and their neighbor tells them that that is a bad idea. Running back into the house they have no option but to toss out the stash to the people waiting for them, but that is not all they were looking for. David found wall full of heron drugs over there house Thinking the best option is to leave and call the cops they walk outside and their neighbor tells them that that is a bad idea. Running back into the house they have no option but to toss out the stash to the people waiting for them, but that is not all they were looking for.

wife and husband doing noting they found drugs in house and fight for there life's.(Dolph Lundgren)Andy was Main Villain this isn't your typical action movie with Dolph Lundgren that he wanted house back then his Crew (Jon Huertas) Ray Jaffe try's kill David and Amy what they saw beyond wall of full of heron drugs over there house they wanna go back but that's what i don't get why did they leave house it was on sale where did they go ? this movie was more of thriller not even action flick i mean i wish that Dolph was main hero saving his kids all that but Dolph was villain in movie but he wasn't much better he didn't do much action was good in film i am OK with b-class films, it's not that i hate movie i liked 5.10 but it wasn't Dolph film even he didn't do much beside he killing people not much breaking David fingers i must break David fingers witch scene i liked i thought this movie was OK

thriller it's good to see a bit different Dolph character was villain but i have seen better. i have enjoyed Dolph and Briana Evigan characters and Sean fears Dolph was actually by far the best actor in this movie and that is not saying much about this movie it's bit like Dolph Lundgren Delivers it's Panic Room Meet Hostage (2005) Bruce

Willis Stash house should have been Dolph Lundgren main role visiting his kids in house with his wife and then he use to work with bad guys drug dealers trying kill his family and then Dolph fights,protected his family should have been 5.10 there is really noting much to say about this movie i like Dolph as main hero OK villain but that's enough being villain not doing much he was better villain in Rocky 4 (1985) and Universal Soldier franchise Director Eduardo Rodriguez who did El Gringo,Fright Night 2 Remake didn't put more effort to movie i wish this movie did better 5.10

Stash House

Author: Phil Hubbs from UK
10 February 2015

This film is made out to be an action film but to me it felt more like a thriller really. The whole idea is kinda similar to the film 'Panic Room' accept the panic room in this is the whole house.

The plot is simple yet not entirely well thought out either. A young couple buy a large house (which seems completely out of their league frankly) and are just about to move in. After some snooping they find a huge quantity of heroine stashed away (oh STASH house I get it hehehehehe), almost immediately the criminals that own the drugs turn up and start to terrorise them.

The thing is I still am not entirely sure what they are really trying to achieve. It turns out they don't want the drugs but are in fact after something else. Obviously I can't say but even when we do discover what they are after there is no real reason for it. There is naturally big dealings behind all this with big mob boss fat cats pulling the strings but the plot to me felt very shallow, almost as if its just an excuse to have some cool thriller action sequences inside a cool house/mansion.

Dolph turns in a good performance I must admit, he certainly has grown from his straight to DVD crapola he used to churn out. This film is a much better vehicle clearly with good production values and some care behind its creation. All the scenes look quite slick and moody with great lighting, the action gets pretty intense and bloody and the other lesser known cast do a good job (even though the female lead is really annoying when she cries).

Its not grade A stuff of course, there are issues here and there, the ending is particularly daft...tonnes of police at the scene yet no one is noticing what's going on by the ambulance? and where is the crew? Better than the fluff you might be expecting that's for sure but end of the day the whole plot makes no sense really. Why on earth didn't the criminals just do what they wanted to do before the house was sold?! it just seems like they give themselves a lot of hard work.

Stash House is a new home buyers worst nightmare

Author: rgblakey from United States
24 October 2012

The action and thriller genres probably produce just as much if not more films than the horror genre going to straight to home video and are just as hit and miss. Dolph Lundgren has probably become one of the more main stay action stars who has really made a name for himself in this market have a well-received string of hits on the big screen. Over the last few years he has delivered countless movies that good or bad deliver something special thanks to his unique delivery. His latest Stash House is part of the new After Dark Action brand and looks to be something a bit different for him, but will it work?

Stash House follows a young couple who have just bought their dream house through a foreclosure price that was a steal. When they discover illegal drugs packed into the walls and realize things are not what they seem and they are in a fight for survival as they must face off against two gun toting ruthless killers who will stop at nothing to get what's theirs. This movie isn't anything all that new basically being a similar story to both films titled Trespass (1992's starring Ice Cube and Ice-T as well as the recent title starring Nicolas Cage). This is a story that has been done numerous times, but not always effectively. Here they have a decent set-up with tons of dramatic and action packed build-up, but never really finds its legs to deliver what it could have been. Lundgren delivers his usual menacing performance and is great here, but is also given a couple of moments to try and show remorse, but somehow still comes off scary. His partner in crime, literally played by Jon Huertas of ABC's Castle does a good job playing up the normal and crazy moments of his character. The rest of the cast deliver decent performances and help bring the overall film together, but the big issue is just in the story. There just isn't enough here to really step this film out of the realm of average, but enough to still make it entertaining.

If you are a Lundgren fan then you will want to check this film out. He is a bit more tame here than usual but still has that dominating screen presence he always delivers. There isn't near as much action here as you would think, but plays more as a thriller to keep you wondering what will happen next. In a world flooded with action films on the store shelve, Stash House plays way more like a bigger budget good film than most of the lame choices out there.