IMDb > Stash House (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Stash House More at IMDbPro »

terrible movie

Author: wsmith80 from United States
6 September 2012

This movie was actually painful to watch. The couple in it were extremely stupid whiny and annoying. Dolf was actually by far the best actor in this movie and that is not saying much. Dear director and screenwriter if you want to make a movie like this watchable, please make the couple at least likable.

To the casting director, I know you are on a budget but you can find lots of starving actors who are 1000 times better than these 2. To the actors well I suggest you find another line of work.

I only gave it 1 star because I couldn't give it zero. IMDb please add that option

The new Lundgren movie...is there anything else to say? I have seen worse from him though. Still kinda lame. I say C-.

Author: Tony Heck (cosmo_tiger@hotmail.com) from United States
3 July 2012

"I bet somebody $20 that you wouldn't find that stash tonight. I guess I lost." Dave (Faris) & Emma (Evigan) have found the perfect house in a great neighborhood with great neighbors. While on their first night there they discover a hidden closet filled with heroin. Thinking the best option is to leave and call the cops they walk outside and their neighbor tells them that that is a bad idea. Running back into the house they have no option but to toss out the stash to the people waiting for them, but that is not all they were looking for. So going into this I had low expectations because of the fact that this is a Lundgren movie. In my opinion he peaked in Rocky. This is another mindless action movie that is good enough to keep you watching but still a movie you forget as you are watching. If you are a fan of Lundgren you will like this movie. If you aren't I have to say I have seen worse from him. Overall, everything that a typical Lundgren usually has. Lame plot, acting and a movie that you forget as you watch. I give it a C-.

Got what I expected, Not that bad of a movie.

Author: garycbelleville from Canada
18 September 2012

I will start off by saying that I am a Dolph Lundgren fan. I will however say that I have not loved every movie he has made but I am still a fan. I like how he plays his roles as honest as possible. He doesn't fake it to try to be something he is not. He is not a great actor but a good and honest actor he always give 100% of himself.

That being said I can not rate the movie on that and him alone. if you have seem some of his other films and enjoyed them well this one is pretty much the same. The cosmetic view point in this one is even better than normal for his style of films. The story was much better too and the rest of the actors played there part pretty good although I though Dolph was the best. Please don't expect a grand master piece when watching this, remember what type of movie you are going to watch and then sit down and enjoy. Too many people sit down to a Dolph Movie or Stallone or Jean-Claude Vandamme and expect a award winning movie. Why ? When has that ever occurred. Then they say it was a waste of time. .... well sure if that is what they were expecting , they're right but it wasn't the movie's fault.

I sat through this and just relaxed and enjoyed like ones supposed to do.

It's the Applebee's of Thrillers

Author: lojitsu
21 August 2012

Here's The Lowedown on "Stash House" (A Thriller DVD review)...LIKED IT!

Genre: 6 Movie: 4.5

What's it about? A couple love their new house, bought for a steal out of a foreclosure. During their first visit they find illegal drugs stashed...in the walls, and they realize this is not their dream house. As they are about to leave, suddenly their exit is blocked by a gun-wielding neighbor Spector and his accomplice.

What did I think? It was pretty good. You got Dolph Lundgren and Sean Faris, so don't expect an Oscar worthy performance. For what it was, it was entertaining enough to rent but not to buy. It's like going out to dinner and you come out satisfied. The food was forgettable, but you weren't hungry when you left. It's the Applebee's of thrillers. I give "Stash House" a small, bullet-sized RENT IT.

Not even good as a B movie

Author: djlaw69 from Canada
30 December 2012

I love watching good and bad movies, the bad ones are always worth a laugh. This movie however, was something completely different. Dolph Lundgren is an actor that I enjoy watching, he's not really all that good, but he's not terrible. The movie itself though, is terrible. I found myself yelling at the screen by the end of it.

There were many situations that just seemed way too unreasonable. The ending was a cluster of "where is everybody now?", "no one would do that" and "are you kidding me?". The film seems to have been shot all through CCTV and hand-held camcorders. Reminded me of watching the Blair Witch Project, but without the laughs.

Even if you are a fan of the actors, I could not recommend this movie as it makes them seem worse than they are. It had potential to be something better, but failed many times. If your looking for a movie with this kind of "setup", then try Panic Room or Hostage.

Lundgrens Purge....

Author: FlashCallahan from Leicester, United Kingdom
31 August 2013

A couple buy a house out of a foreclosure. They find illegal drugs stashed in the walls, and they realise this is not their dream house.

As they are about to leave, their exit is blocked by a neighbour and his accomplice. They realise the house is hiding more than drugs - it's an operation centre buried beneath the floorboards.

On the run from the killers who want the drugs and evidence, the resourceful couple will need to turn the tables on their attackers to survive....

One of the rare occasions where Dolph plays a bad guy, this isn't your typical action movie, in fact, its more of a thriller than anything else.

If you've seen The Purge, then you've seen this, obviously with different story and narrative, but its basically the same, a vulnerable couple in a safe house with no where to go, and vicious stalkers trying anything to get what they want.

Its not original, but it looks great, and some of the camera work is worthy of a cinematic release.

The couple are nothing special, they are generic and are just there, they get injured, panic, and creep up behind the villains on several occasions to get weapons.

Lundgren is fine, he's in his Business man mode, wearing a suit and acting intelligent, and his annoying partner is just there to be angry, and to make things more urgent.

All in all, its nothing special, it passes the time, but it looks great....

Same Bad Formula

Author: rschiaffo from United States
26 February 2014

This film falls into the same formula as a horror film, which is, in order for something to happen a character has to do something stupid. In this case multiple characters are very stupid. The writer couldn't move the story forward without one of the characters doing something really dumb, which in turn kills the 'suspension of disbelief', at which point I get angry because I can no longer enjoy the film. What a waste of a decent budget. I have no problem with the acting, after all, most actors need to take whatever they can get for work. I personally thought the film was made to look too dark. It seems as if there is some kind of competition in the film community to see who can create the darkest picture and get away with it.

Frustrating.

Author: inusp from Pretoria, South Africa
8 November 2012

The story of a couple that purchased a house previously used as a stash house is the most frustrating movie that I have ever wasted time to watch. The main characters continue to make stupid and unrealistic mistakes from beginning to end. It is as if the whole story line was not properly thought through. It gets to a point where you just want to stop the pain and walk away. For instance who would in the midst of imminent life threatening danger make out for minutes on end, that is abnormal. The main character gets shot in the beginning of the movie and then carries on throughout the whole movie without even the slightest sign of pain. I know police aren't always the brightest bunch but if the police in my city were as stupid as those in the movie, I'd rather kill myself before I call for help. Bad script, bad, predictable story line. No surprises here sorry.

Tense Thriller

Author: zardoz-13 from United States
28 July 2012

The problem with most contemporary movies is the question of credibility. Most action epics constitute theme park thrill rides with outlandish stunts that cost mega bucks not only to stage but also to enhance with CGI effects. Hollywood always tries to scale down their budgets but rarely their believability when it comes to action pictures. Venezuela-born director Eduardo Rodriguez and freshman scenarist Gary Spinelli strive for credibility in "Stash House," with Dolph Lundgren and Briana Evigan. This well-made but often nondescript melodrama weds three genres: the surveillance saga, the house pictures, and the crime thriller. Lots of movies are now depicting their narratives from the perspective of surveillance cameras, like the "Paranormal Activity" flicks. We've also had a rash of movies about haunted housed. Usually, these movies concern houses that are either inhabited by supernatural adversaries as well as the setting for evil things. Since Don Siegel's 1958 melodrama "The Line Up," Hollywood has used the plot about the innocent people who learn than drug dealers have hidden their illicit narcotics in their belongings, since as the Audrey Hepburn movie "Wait Until Dark." A young married couple lands the real estate deal of a lifetime until they realize to their horror that their sumptuous house is a hiding place for concealing heroin supplies and a prison for a California drug enforcement czar. No sooner do our cute couple discover hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of heroin than they encounter two ruthless adversaries that lay siege to their house. One of the cartel gunmen is Dolph Lungren and he isn't happy about the circumstances. "Stash House" isn't bad and the husband and wife twosome are appropriately sympathetic, while Dolph plays a murderous villain who occasionally comes to their aid. Pretty Briana Evigan of "Step Up 2 the Streets" plays a veterinarian. Despite the apparent claustrophobic setting, "Stash House" emerges as rather nimble, particularly the ending when the villainous Dolph masquerades as our heroine's father. Clearly, "Stash House" couldn't have cost too much after they paid off Dolph and Briana. The action takes place in two settings, an animal clinic and the house were the drugs are stashed. The villain thinks of a cool way to bluff himself out of the house swarming with police for a finale that is provocative. Dolph gives a good account of himself. Neither as visually flamboyant or nor as free-wheeling as Rodriguez's later shoot'em up "El Gringo," "Stash House" is better than average and doesn't wear out its welcome.

Good looking dud

Author: kosmasp
9 June 2013

The one location themed movie has really overstayed its welcome (pun intended). Move on! Or at least have something original or at least good to say or to deliver, if you want to stay. As it is, this movie has dreadful performances, a story that should have landed in the trash can and a running time, that makes this feel like a weekend of torture. And not of the good kind.

And while I am used to good production values from After Dark (though they did start with Horror movies), I was also used to better acting and better overall, when it came to their movies. Production values and cinematography are good here. But just because it looks good (as do the main protagonists), doesn't mean it is good. And don't get me started on that ending ...