IMDb > A Little Bit Zombie (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Little Bit Zombie More at IMDbPro »

A Very Brainy Zom-Com

Author: Thom Stark from Houston, Texas
28 April 2012

I had the chance to see this very funny, award-winning film at Worldfest-Houston in April, 2012. A Little Bit Zombie turns the zombie genre on its head, shakes the brains out, and devours them. I was laughing from the opening scene all the way to the end of the credits. While one or two of the jokes fell a bit flat for me, the vast majority of the comedy was brilliant, not to mention the premise of the film itself, which I won't spoil for you. I'll just say this is a zombie film that shows us what it's like from the perspective of the zombie. You'll sympathize!

But it's also a very smart commentary on society, and has a lot to say about how our ethics are relativized by our private commitments. It further forces us to think about who the real monsters are in our day and age, flipping the script: the zombie is the complex protagonist, while the zombie hunter is the mindless, intolerant killing machine. But even the antagonist has a complex past, one which reflects a sharp commentary on society's expectations of "real men." His intolerance isn't a choice; he, like the zombie, is a victim too.

The cast was stellar. Everyone was hilarious. The performances weren't over the top. Their comedic timing was right on. There was not a poorly-delivered line in the entire film, as far as I noticed.

The writer/director Casey Walker did a great job. There's a lot of dialogue in the film, but the shot pacing kept everything moving forward. Wasn't bored for a second. This film was obviously story- boarded. Every line, every shot seemed to be very precise.

I highly recommend this film, not just to fans of the genre, but to anybody who likes a good comedy. You'll laugh till your brain hurts.

Great Zom-com

Author: shawnkanderson from BC
4 February 2012

*Brace yourself, I don't usually write reviews!

Just saw the 'world-premiere' here in Victoria BC. It was definitely a good twist on the "zombie- film"! Nice to see something fresh for a change --

The humour was well-timed, and the jokes were pretty witty. The plot and story seemed well thought out, and it kept you entertained and curious right until the end!

The acting was a little over the top throughout the film, but it clearly was the tone they were looking for. I thought the music was a little over done too, though, and perhaps the overall cheesy tone could have been winded back a bit. But in all it was a very enjoyable film. There are some hilarious scenes that'll stay in my head forever!

A little Bit Zombie

Author: jacinta lawson from United States
13 November 2012

I loved A Little Bit Zombie. It was refreshing. It was new and it was clever. Also all of the actors did a great job. This is a wonderful funny film. I am an Author and I wish I had written this. It is great. A little bit Zombie did something different. A little bit Zombie looked outside the box and made a great funny film. Yes,instead of following the usual formula, A Little Bit Zombie did the unexpected without failing. Even the jokes funny and relevant. Everything is just well done. I wish the critics would view this film and give it the justice it deserve. In this way more people would see this great film and leave the theater refreshed and happy. This film is good for young people too. It is not that violent.

A little bit over-the-top!

Author: Coventry from the Draconian Swamp of Unholy Souls
9 November 2012

I watched "A Little Bit Zombie", like so many other people, at a genre-dedicated festival, and director Casey Walker was physically present to introduce his achievement and attend a Q&A after the screening. Although I fairly liked the movie for what it is already, it was Walker's playful attitude and OTT enthusiasm that made me appreciate it even more! He explained, in great detail, how he got the crowd funding off the ground and unsubtly elaborated on his aversion towards big budgeted studio productions. His film became a zombie-comedy, and that's a rather risky undertaking nowadays, since we have seen so dreadfully many of them and what innovating elements could possibly be brought anymore? Well, "A Little Bit Zombie" indeed brings nothing new to the horror table, but at least it's a 200% enthusiast, unpretentious and massively entertaining flick. Steve is a goody two-shoes desk clerk who's about to get married with his "Bridezilla" Tina. Together with his sister Sarah and his best pal Craig, who're both trying to convince Steve that Tina isn't his perfect match, they're heading out to the family cabin for the final marriage preparations. But poor Steve gets stung by a virus-infected mosquito on the first evening and literally starts to waste away as per the next morning. He's slowly turning into a zombie, developing an insatiable hunger for brains and gradually losing body parts. For Tina, the only thing that matters is assuring that her flawless wedding ceremony takes place, whether her husband is an undead rotting corpse or not. Meanwhile, Steve is also pursued by a psychotic zombie hunter and his geeky scientist sidekick. "A Little Bit Zombie" opens as a prototypic but nevertheless tasteful comedy, but quickly shifts towards a rather juvenile slapstick baloney. Steve's struggle to resist devouring a defenseless little bunny rabbit, the clique's visit to a downright disgusting butcher shop and the two girls – in sexily revealing outfits – scouting for potential brains for Steve to eat… They're all examples of highlight sequences, but it's definitely not solid horror. There are some excellent gross-out effects, but naturally the film is never atmospheric, morbid or even remotely unsettling. The acting performances are more than decent, with Crystal Lowe and Stephen McHattie as the most famous names in the cast. Interesting zombie comedy for the fans, but surely not on par with the real high-fliers of its kind ("Shaun of the Dead", "Zombieland", "Braindead", Return of the Living Dead"…)

Don't miss if you love zombies

Author: ihearthorrorfilm from United States
24 February 2013

Goofy, Cheesy, Silly, Dumb, Funny, Annoying and Gross are all words I'd use to describe many of the scenes in A Little Bit Zombie. Regardless, I was shocked at how much this low budget, never heard of, little indie zomb-com made me laugh so freaking hard. There are a lot of parts that are annoying and some of the acting is bad, but then there are parts that are hilarious and the actor who plays the best friend Craig, is incredibly funny, although he looks like a muscle truck exploded, but still, he's super talented. The musical score can get really annoying at times, so I just tried to tune it out. I didn't care for the zombie catchers; their chemistry was very weird and unnatural. Getting through their scenes was sometimes difficult, but the rest of the movie is pretty awesome. This movie is really funny and shouldn't be missed by anyone who loves the zombie genre.

Please like me on Facebook! We love getting suggestions and warnings on everything horror: http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Heart-Horror/338327476286206

Brainy zom-com

Author: jd057311 from United States
23 March 2013

As an absolute zombie fan I came into this move not knowing what to expect as to be fair the large majority of Z-flicks out there you watch once and the disc ends up collecting dust. (Or gets deleted from your HDD)

IMHO Zombie land is the current king of the funny zombie genera, but this movie isn't far off. It has a strait forward and easy to follow plot line, good acting (though you can tell they made it intentionally cheesy), some real bust your guts laughs (watched it sober tonight, but its definitely going to be watched again medicated), and the quality of the film is absolutely amazing considering their budget which was about 1/3 of what Shawn of the dead had (or a measly 7.5% of what zombie land had). Don't let that fool you though as it does not seem low budget at all.

The fx were perfectly done. (no exploding balloon heads or fake looking blood/brain matter here) plus the film has a well known cast who have been in a ton of movies/TV shows. (The gorgeous Kristen Hager from Being Human is what caught my attention as I was scrolling through the release site)

The movie deserves an 8 - 8.5 judged by nothing but what was filmed, however from the opening and closing credits I noticed they made a big deal about mymilliondollarmovie.com and I decided to check out the website. The sheer fact of how the guy got the funding for this flick, and the time and effort put into making it cranked my personal rating to a 10 (though I will keep that rating to myself and not over vote here)

I rarely write reviews for anything online, but after watching this I ended up on IMDb 5 minutes later and found the lack of reviews disappointing. If you like zombie movies don't miss this one. If you love zombie movies your a fool not to watch this.

A funny and entertaining homage to the 80s

Author: Thor98 from Germany
16 March 2013

I do not want to summarize the story - other reviewers did that already.

After the massive wave of zombie movies, especially during the last 9 years, it is hard to find one with an original idea. 'A Little Bit Zombie' comes up with a fresh idea, disguised as a wonderful campy 1980s horror comedy B movie. What we get here is some sort of 'National Lampoon's Zombie Vacation' - the same kind of humor, only much darker. Just compare the old National Lampoon's movie posters with this one.

The characters are over the top and as much fun as hilarious cartoon characters, especially Stephen McHattie.

Bottom line: If you like zombie movies and comedies from the 80s, you will love 'A Little Bit Zombie' for sure.

Quite funny and entertaining...

Author: Paul Magne Haakonsen from Denmark
7 November 2012

"A Little Bit Zombie" is a very funny and entertaining zombie movie that is a flat out tribute to "The Evil Dead". And the movie actually does that in a very good way, and at the same time it manages to pull off its own storyline quite nicely.

If you enjoyed "The Evil Dead" trilogy, then your money will be well spent on "A Little Bit Zombie" as well, because it is the same type of humor and jokes. However, "A Little Bit Zombie" isn't as extreme and hilarious as "The Evil Dead" movies, but it does alright for itself. I was thoroughly entertained all throughout this movie.

The story is about four young people who go to a remote cabin in the woods, where Steve is bitten by a mosquito that is carrying blood tainted with the zombie infection. Slowly, but surely, Steve is turning more and more into a zombie with a craving for brains.

"A Little Bit Zombie" has a good amount of comedy that works out quite nicely. Especially because the jokes are funny and crude, and also because there are so many openly blatantly tributes to "The Evil Dead" throughout the movie. And the effects in the movie were actually quite nicely carried out as well.

As for the acting, well the people cast for the various roles were doing quite good jobs with their given characters and roles.

If you enjoy zombie comedies, then you definitely have to check out "A Little Bit Zombie", because it is well worth a watch. It was quite a treat to see a movie like this and have it pay that much homage to "The Evil Dead".

A little bit funny

Author: bowmanblue from United Kingdom
4 September 2014

Yes, it's another zombie movie. However, fair play to the film-makers for at least TRYING to do something a little different (assuming that you haven't seen 'Deadheads' which is a bit like 'A Little Bit Zombie').

I guess there are two types of zombie outbreak – the one that consumes the whole world at once and the other than only happens in a localised rural area. In this case we have the latter. While 99% of the world sleeps soundly in their beds, oblivious to the fact that hordes of flesh-eating ghouls are eating people alive in a small town, two couples go on a trip there to plan one of their weddings. And one of them gets infected with the 'zombie virus.' I won't go into how that happened, as, like I say, they do try to be a little different whenever they can. But, as we all know, when you exchange blood with the undead, you begin to turn. However, the man infected doesn't just start tearing apart his party. He's a little more in control than that. A little. So, witnessing his inner turmoil, his friends set out trying to preserve his humanity while doing their best to quench his thirst for human brains.

Does it work? Sort of. A few of the acting performances leaves a little to be desired, but, on the whole, the cast are okay. The gore, for those who like seeing heads explode at every possible turn, isn't up to that much. You get the odd 'head shot,' but that's about it. What saves the film from being totally forgotten is the dialogue. The two couples don't really get on well to begin with, let alone when one of their number starts threatening to eat the others alive. Therefore there's quite a lot of nice banter between the four of them which makes it quite humorous to watch.

It's a short film, running at less than the standard one and a half hours, but it doesn't really need to be much longer. It's no classic, but it's not that bad either. If you can really stand to sit through another zombie movie (or should I say another 'zom-com' movie?) then you might like it. I read someone else's review online which stated that 'A Little Bit Zombie' is like 'National Lampoon's Eighties Zombie Movie.' That's a pretty good appraisal of the film.

Evil Dead (original) fans rejoice!

Author: Echo Movie Shop Guy from Rome, GA
30 July 2013

Why did the bunny have to die?

This movie is what happens when American Pie and Evil Dead have a bastard child: and I mean this in the greatest way possible! There are a number of visual references to the Evil Dead franchise that will delight Dead fans. My favorite Dead gag is when the infamous "possessed camera" makes an appearance. The makers of this movie use plenty of old school practical effects, not shying away from goo for blood or using a puppet for a zombie mosquito.

This movie is campy and cheesy and never takes itself too seriously... but in the best possible way.

I would recommend this to fans of Ponty Pool, Ahhh Zombies, American Zombie, or bacon as a midnight snack.

P.S. Watch through the credits.