IMDb > Pater (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Pater

Pater More at IMDbPro »

Went Right Over My Head or What a Waste of Time

Author: film_ophile from boston mass. usa
23 July 2012

I've never actually given any film a rating of 2, until now. I am just so miffed that i gave up two hours or whatever to watch this travesty.I saw Pater today as part of the Boston MFA Annual French Film Festival. I went to see it because I really admire the work of Vincent Lindon, but I had not researched it before going. All I can adequately relate was that it was an experience of watching 2 people(Lindon and the director/actor) eat a number of meals, talk about daily life, and play at developing a film (a film that went absolutely nowhere for me.) When I left the theater, all I could say was "what a waste." I think it was a purely intellectual exercise and I completely missed any value in it.

For those of you wanting a more informative analytical review,a review that found worth in Pater,there is a film reviewer whose work I usually enjoy and respect(Chris Knipp) and his review is included in the list of Critics Reviews for this film.