"Saturday Night Live" Justin Timberlake/Lady Gaga (2011)

« Prev | 704 of 773 Episodes | Next »

Big Names Playing Games

Author: getyourdander from United States
22 May 2011

Getting Timberlake and Lady Gaga together makes this one worth viewing. While Timberlake has been quiet lately, getting him together with GaGa seems to help him here.

Lady GaGa in her singing performances is starting to vocally remind me of Cher as her sounds seem headed that way way though her voice is still not quite as strong as Cher yet.

The Week-End Update on this one is not to be missed. Seth Meyers does a brilliant lampoon of Arnold Swartznaggar. Arnold has been asking for it and Seth delivers really well here.

The sketches are good here too.

If you've never watched SNL, watch this one.

Author: bozackula from Orlando FLA
19 July 2011

As my wife constantly remarks, Justin Timberlake should be on the cast of SNL (though his talents are broad and he has lots of gigs). His comedic timing is nearly perfect. As a 35 year viewer of SNL, I am compelled to rank this show as one of the best SNL shows of all time. Every skit hits the mark, especially the "Liquorville" piece, and JT performs one of the best cold opens in TV history. Lady Gaga not only performs well, she has the heart, talent and sense of humor to appear in skits and videos. If Lorne Michaels could envision a "perfect show", this is it, at least for the past decade. I'm sure Lorne slept well after this show.