IMDb > The Callback Queen (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Callback Queen More at IMDbPro »

Romantic Comedy takes place in London

Author: delpha7 from United States
8 February 2014

I went to see Call Back Queen not really knowing what to expect. It was a nice surprise! It had some good laughs in it. I really enjoyed Amy-Joyce Hastings performance. Director Graham Cantwell and Amy-Joyce Hastings were at the movies and the audience were able to ask questions. It was great to hear some of the character development like one based on his grandmother. Questions were also received by Amy-Joyce Hastings. She was charming. I think she has a great future in film. This was Cantwell's first romantic company. I think he should do more. I like the name chosen for the film. The title caught my eye. That is why I ended up going to see it in the first place. Anyway..worth seeing.

The Callback Queen, laughter on a drip.

Author: Frank Allen from Dublin, Ireland
12 September 2015

Went to see The Callback Queen on a wet stormy night in Dublin but this Romantic Comedy provided the perfect tonic and made me forget my rain- soaked shirt. Although The Callback Queen is extremely funny the plot holds up a mirror to the charlatans, posers and unscrupulous exploiters who can operate in the film industry. The film is very stylish and bright and I would compliment the cinematography, bringing us on an open top bus tour of London's historic and fashionable spots. Amy-Joy Hastings gives a wonderful performance as Kate Loughlin. She plays a very winning role and this showing bodes well for her future screen career. Ger Ryan is hilarious and she has perfect comic timing. The Callback Queen is a new departure for Graham Cantwell. I enjoyed his debut feature Anton very much but The Callback Queen marks him out as an Irish Director to follow. His star is definitely in the ascendant. Now that the storm has abated and my clothes are dry The Callback Queen still has me laughing. Go see.

Treat yourself to this little gem.

Author: ClaireBlennerhassett from Ireland
3 October 2015

I haven't enjoyed a film as much as this in a very long while.

Cleverly constructed, cleverly realised, cleverly nuanced, very well cast, acted, directed, and written.

I admit it took me a little while to get in to it, but once I was in, I was totally hooked and completely swept away by the humour in particular, and found myself laughing uncontrollably many, many times.

That's a rarity in this day and age, and it takes a special film to do that.

This film is one such.

It will be well worth your while!

Amazing film

Author: Rodrigo Ternevoy from Dublin
14 September 2015

I went to watch "The Callback Queen" in Dundrum Shopping Centre in Dublin last week and loved every single bit of it.

The story line was really funny and I could see that the audience had a great time watching it.

Amy-Joyce Hastings did a really good playing Kate Loughlin and I also loved Seán T. Ó Meallaigh as Daithí Carroll.

I must say I was very proud to know that Graham Cantwell, an Irish director made the whole film from the scratch. What a good job!!!

I recommend everyone to check it out.

Rodrigo Ternevoy

A Rom Com set in London about about a gorgeous young Irish Actress's trials and tribulations

Author: lccanavan from United Kingdom
5 September 2015

Graham Cantwell is one of my favourite film makers and I loved his first feature, Anton. Kudos to this Irish Director for very successfully jumping to the entirely different genre of Rom Com with a bang. Amy Joyce-Hastings, as the lead, is very lovable but out of luck when it comes to getting cast; she is no doubt like many young actors in London - struggling to get by while waiting for the next job! The film has an array of brilliant characters and I found myself rooting for all of them. Kate transcends the world of the big budget fantasy franchise, a short student film (which proves a raucous experience!) and some other mad work for survival. The Irish living in England theme is the underbelly of the film and is brilliantly and comically done. Ger Ryan is outstandingly hilarious and true to life as the young Granny to the director of the student short. The film is experiential when it comes to showcasing London. It is aesthetically stunning and full of light and sunshine which makes everything and everyone in it look ethereal! Go see this film or get it on VOD for anyone in the mood for a great Rom Com, an insight into the mad world of casting and film and a homage to London.