IMDb > "Waking the Dead" Waterloo, Part 2 (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Waking the Dead" Waterloo, Part 2 (2011)

« Prev | 92 of 92 Episodes

Brilliant episode of a brilliant series.

Author: martijn-56 from Iceland
4 May 2011

I really hope the high ratings will bring this show back, although producers wish to end it at its prime. First of all, please read the wonderful review of the Telegraph, listed in external reviews on this site, but beware of spoilers. What can I say since I cannot add spoilers? Acting is great, especially of Trevor Eve, who gets as his final case one similar to the disappearance of his son to solve. This final episode he shows once more the whole spectrum of his complex character: haunted by the disappearance of his son, his almost impossible dedication to the work. But it all comes full circle in the end, also with his team. You will sit on the edge of your seat, since the plot keeps on thickening until it seems to explode - and then there is a really good twist at the end. I also loved the meaningful atmosphere in the end, and the soundtrack played. So is this really the final episode? Looking at the quality, it is understandable producers consider now would be the best time to cut the series since, after Waterloo, where do you go from there? Well, what about another season, and another? English actors and TV makers are always able to astonish viewers with ease, so I have faith ITV can do it. Even if it would be half as good, it would still be ten times better compared to the quality you get from US productions - the only exception Miami Vice, which set the standard for TV, and who's final episode Freefall, especially the last 5 minutes, I consider to be the best TV has ever seen. But that was then and this is now - and what now, after Waking The Dead? Silent Witness? Too corny for me, and acting is not half as good as Boyd and his team. So I hope the producers and writers will have the guts to try and do even better in a next season! I even have some title ideas: The Boyd Ultimatum?