IMDb > "Transporter: The Series" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Transporter: The Series"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Transporter: The Series" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Good entertainment, awful script

Author: jamieradford from Australia
21 December 2012

I have just finished watching the first episode of Transporter: The Series and you can see how it has cost a reported four million dollars per episode to make. Unfortunately all that money didn't buy a good script.

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed the first episode from an entertainment perspective; it's just that I wish that the makers of action film and TV would place a little (or a lot) more emphasis on a quality script.

However I have only watched the first episode and am hoping the story lines and scripts improve, as there are many positives to the show that while not fully compensating for the poor screenplay, make it an enjoyable hours' entertainment.

The action scenes are very good, as you would expect with this kind of budget. The car scenes,which of course there are many (it is about a transporter after all)are well executed, and the fighting scenes are very reminiscent of the three films starring Jason Stratham.

The locations are also recognisable from the films, including Frank's house before it was blown up, and François Berléand reprises his role as Inspector Tarconi.

Chris Vance tries his best, and does extremely well considering what he has to work with, and while he is not Jason Stratham, I think he will grow into the role nicely, and will prove to be a good choice as Frank Martin.

Hopefully the script and story lines improve, because Transporter: The Series certainly shows promise, and is well worth a second and perhaps third look.

Incredible Series !!!

Author: Right-Wing-Man from United States
4 January 2013

After reading the low IMDb ratings, I wasn't going to watch this show, but unfortunately sometimes people are dead wrong in their opinions on this site. Furthermore, often people give bad marks just because they don't like an actor or director, which is unfortunate. This show is flat out one of the best I have ever seen. I don't ever recall a series with more action... ever! Chris Vance is flat-out an incredible actor. The whole cast is great. The writing is excellent. Luc Besson has created a real winner here. WATCH THIS SHOW>>> You will not be disappointed! Thanks to everyone who created this gem. Chris Vance is an equal of Jason Statham, they are both great in their own rights.!

Fantastic

Author: aprolls11 from India
13 February 2013

Honestly..i cant believe it is getting such a low rating in IMDb it should definitely get an 8+. First of all i don't understand how people comment on the bad acting or the lack of story line or how Chris Vance is a bad replacement,come on everyone ..u r not seeing an art movie..this show is for hard core action fanatics who love cars and gals...the rest of u who don't..please don't watch this show and write bad comments..this is a fantastic TV series featuring some of the best car chase scenes out there..some scenes do get a bit repetitive ..but its really fun..don't expect too much on the story line as this is NOT a movie but a series with different episodes meant for fun. Stunt scenes are also good and creative..but not as good as in the movies. Each episode is very entertaining and features hot girls too. About Chris Vance,he is a great actor and brings his own style to the frank martin character. He has a lot of style just like Jason and is an excellent transporter. my verdict:action fans please go watch it..chances are you will enjoy

Real Good Show

Author: Tallyortoby . from Europe
25 November 2012

Living in Luxembourg I can watch this show on German TV. I stumbled on it for the 1st episode and got caught into it straight away. For a TV series it's amazing how it really tries to stick to the movies by having the main character live in the house on the Cote d'Azur that got blown up in one of the movies. Vance plays real good and the other actors do a fine job too. Great to see that François Berléand as Inspector Tarconi has been taken over from the movies into the series. I highly recommend watching this series as it evolves in a great way and the 6 episodes aired so far have been superb. Can't wait to see the next 6.

Standardized enjoyment

Author: Carl S from United States
11 May 2013

I enjoy this show. You have to take it for what it is, a television show based off of a movie series, in which every episode follows the same pattern. 1- Frank gets a job 2- Frank can't complete the job due to some altercation or problem. 3- Frank bangs a random woman. 4- Frank completes the job.

Somewhere in there is action, which Chris Vance, who I knew from the show Dexter, makes very realistic fight scenes for a television show. There is a buddy relationship with his mechanic Dieter, played by Charly Hübner, who is in love with the Audi R8 and names all the cars after women, and obviously a lot of driving.

Overall, I find it fun, I like the landscapes and choices of location.

Great Action Series

Author: lukezag from Australia
11 January 2013

After reading some reviews, I really didn't have high hopes for this series. After watching the first episode, I swear I must have been watching a different show. The action scenes were some of the best I've seen on television! The driving, the long combat scenes, well executed and very entertaining!! I've seen 11 of the 12 episodes (episode 7 did not air in English, only German, so I will have to wait for it to air in Canada) and I have to say, well done to the production team for producing such incredible television action on such a limited budget.

I would like to clear up a few points some above reviewers mentioned but didn't seem to explore:

1) Stop comparing this show to the movies. If this had a different title I bet half the negative reviews would suddenly become positive.

2) Regarding the mention of the lack of attention payed to the cars. Not sure if it was you're lack of attention to the show, but Frank has multiple black Audi's.

3) Yes, there is a car chase scene used twice in the series, with different endings. The reasoning for this is Chris Vance (Frank) was injured during production, then filming was halted for nearly a year. Coming back, they did not have the time, nor money, to produce another car scene. So they filmed a different ending and went from there. In my opinion, they did a great job with the situation they were in.

4) No damage to the cars? I must have definitely been watching a different show.

5) The action scenes are boring, the cinematography is bad. What!? Action scenes are literally the best I have seen in a television series. The cinematography is the best part of it! They make it look professional, instead of having the shaky camera during the fight scenes, they use track shots, and dolly's. They make it look intense.

Honestly, you don't have to take my word. But I encourage everyone to watch the series. It may have its odd problems here and there, but overall, it would have to be one of the top Action Series of 2012/2013.

Here's to hoping its renewed for a second season!!

excellent new series five stars

Author: jeffdewe from Australia
11 January 2013

all I can say is wow, and I wished this came out years ago.

This series is full action pack, nice cars/women/fight scenes.

what else could you want ?.

I hope it keeps going. So many new series that are good are canceled these days. I hope this one last as long as the Simpsons :.) Basically its a guy who gets paid to transport thing and gets paid for this. But this guy is a honest guy and shows a lot of heart in his work. Its a lot like the movie but better because there is a new episode every week, unlike the movies which only happen like every 3-4 years. The quality of the series is just like the movies which is very rare, the first season cost around $42 million which is a lot for a TV show.

Jeff

Great concept, badly executed!

Author: James Hillier from Australia
15 February 2013

I watch TV to be entertained, this show tries hard but falls flat in that most basic of areas.

If you enjoyed the Transporter movies and are looking for more of the same, this series will surely disappoint.

The main actor plays the role in a much different way to Jason Statham's original surly and uncompromising character. With a perpetual twinkle in his eye and a quick quip seemingly always at the ready, Chris Vance's interpretation is more akin to a rich playboy type than the teak-tough 'Transporter'. Still, it is just an interpretation and as such entirely subjective.

The main issue lies within the scripts, and I did watch 4 episodes before finally calling it quits. Car chases and fight scenes alone do not make for entertainment, the whole thing needs to be glued together by an interesting and/or intriguing storyline. Sadly, that is not the case here.

Fast Cars and Bad Girls, what's not to like?

Author: Steve Schiff from United States
5 November 2014

If you are not looking for a deep storyline and just want honest-to-goodness and shamelessly shallow action, you'll like this series. It does not apologize for being "standard", "cliché", or any other derogatory epithet thrown at it. It's just a straight-up, old-fashioned "good guy kicks ass and gets the girl" kind of show. And that's perfectly OK with me. At the end of a day working hard and studying hard or even on a lazy day-off, I don't necessarily want deep plots and Shakespearean epics, I just want brain-dead, no-holds-barred entertainment of the action and suspense genre. And the transporter delivers (pun very much intended)! Heck, just the hot babes and bad girls are well worth the price of admission! :-)

Awesome fun show

Author: p-14247 from New Zealand
22 June 2015

Having been a fan of the Jason Statham movies, I had a lot of expectations for this show from S1 Ep1, and I wasn't disappointed.

This show had everything that made the movies so great. You have the car stunts, the hand to hand fighting, the sexy women, and of cause the stunning French scenery and the little villages that they showed Frank racing around on in each job. This all set this show apart from all other action shows on TV. Scenery especially I believe what made this show. It's own.

In Season 2 they shot a lot more episodes in America and I believe that was a mistake. From the moment they did that, the show would then look like and compete with every other TV shows that had a car chase scene in New York, or Chicargo, or Boston and it just didn't look and seem like the same show that it was in season 1. Whereas when they were doing the show in Europe nobody was doing those sort of stunts and it was like watching a mini movie.

You are probably thinking I enjoyed season 1 more than 2. Overall, that is right. But there were some aspects of season 2 that I did like. I liked Cat's character more than Carla. She was a better partner for Frank as her skill set matched his quite well and it would've been better if they had shown that more. For me the show went downhill when they killed off Dieter. He was a better comic relief / sidekick character than Jules.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]