X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
- the badge seen in the future before the title sequence
- the staircase at the X-Mansion
- the design of the Pentagon kitchen (seen in an overhead shot)
- the Cerebro hallway (a scene where the lights are turned on resembles a cross)
- and the X-bar that traps Xavier in Washington DC.
- much of the story is set in a dystopian future, and involves travelling to the past to erase this future
- Magneto is allied with the X-men
- Blink and Bishop appear as members of the future X-Men
- Wolverine and Storm have a relationship going (seen in a deleted scene)
- the changing of history results in Apocalypse's existence.
- The future Sentinels copy and adapt to mutant power
- The future mutants in this film are share similar powers with the future mutants from that show (Warpath and Marrow are enhanced beings with knives, teleporters Blink and Vanisher, Sunspot and Firestar can control fire, super-strong fighters Colossus and Kamal, electric mutants Storm and Berzerker, Magneto and Polaris can manipulate metal), as well as featuring the Professor X, Wolverine and Bishop all of whom appeared in the movie.
- A future mutant gets his mind sent back into the past (Xavier in the cartoon, Logan in this film)
- Bishop is the first mutant sent back in time
- a misunderstanding allows the assassin to escape and make a second attempt
- and Apocalypse is hinted as waiting to appear.