IMDb > Legend of Kung Fu Rabbit (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Tu xia chuan qi

Legend of Kung Fu Rabbit More at IMDbPro »Tu xia chuan qi (original title)

Not even close

Author: khong-kokwei from Malaysia
17 August 2011

If you have watched Kung Fu panda, don't watch this. The contrast will be brutally incomparable. The story revolve around a fat rabbit who has acquire the life-long kungfu aura of Shifu (a monkey). The fat rabbit will eventually uphold justice by defeating the bad ass Panda.

Almost the same storyline but a lot more dull and boring. Animation was as poor as what you will see in a mediocre Nickelodeon computer generated graphics. A good analogy will be a wanna-be China made World of Warcraft program.

A recent interview with the voice cast of the movie states that the comparison of this movie with Kungfu Panda is inevitable. It also mean that this movie is as good as the latter having been compared to it. I have a gut feeling that audience will feel cheated should they believe that statement.

So if you want to watch some animation with your kids, watching Nickelodeon isn't a bad idea and the storyline is shorter without the agony of going through a wanna-be movie. By the way, there are better 3D movies out there anyway.

Shameful rip off of Kung Fu Panda

Author: nightrider09-592-697193 from Bellevue, WA, US
18 March 2013

This is a shameful rip off of Kung Fu Panda, here are some examples how they are too similar. 1. Panda/Rabbit are chefs. 2. Panda/Rabbit going to a place where Kung Fu was born. 3. Panda/Rabbit having the same Bruce Lee battle cry. 4. Panda/Rabbit's master have the name as Shifu. 5. Same trailer music and announcer. 6. Too similar in a few locations. 7. Same body design as Panda and Tai Lung, but drawn over with more clothes and replaced with a rabbit and a panda. 8. Same knock out in trailer 1:45-48 is the same Tai Lung's fight with the rhinos when he makes a jail break.

If this is true, then why in the name of the Oscars is Hollywood not doing anything about this like Dream-works suing this director named Lijun Sun. And to you actors/actresses, you all should be ashamed. Michael Clarke Duncan should have went up to the director and say, "This is too similar to Kung Fu Panda for I was in the first and second film. The script, the plot, and everything stinks like a Razzie Award and I was in Dare-Devil for crying out loud. Stop ripping it off sir or you face copy right lawyers, the FBI, angry fans, and my fists!!"

Uninspiring and clumsy animation

Author: Stephan Ortmann from Hong Kong
22 July 2013

While others have compared this movie to Kung Fu Panda, I decided to watch this on its own merits, especially since I am quite fascinated by Chinese culture. Unfortunately, the bland animation did not make this movie particularly interesting. The characters are poorly drawn and cannot get the sympathy of the audience. The jokes are so stilted it is too silly. The story line is rather boring and not moving. Maybe it can be interesting for young children but the movie has certainly no appeal to adults at all. The only good thing I could find was the music but it does not fit to the movie and thus cannot salvage the otherwise poor production.

Rebecca Black hahaha

Author: ewandafish from Canada
31 July 2015

*sits in the corner of the cold shower and cries* Why does this exist? This is what happens if you use Kung Fu panda as toilet paper after going to Taco Bell. This movie needs Jesus This is the Detroit version of kung fu panda. If your family doesn't love you they take you to this movie. This movie contained blackface and ablest slurs, triggering me. I can not say this movie is the g rating it received. The antagonist sounded like he was gargling semen violently. The animation made my eyesight worse. Seriously, name any inanimate object, it was probably animated better than the main characters.

Over all, i would have rather eat led paint than watch this movie.

Don't Listen To The Haters...

Author: rosa (clavel-78948)
27 January 2016

Don't listen to the mad Kung-Fu-Panda butt kissers. This movie is a great thing to watch with family, with it's awe-spiring tales of life. I had a problem with drinking, and everyone turned me down when I asked for help..... except Kung Fu rabbit. He extended his paw and said, "Come with me, my young sapling. For I will teach you the wonders of Kung Fu." He spanked me, and off we were on a bunny horse in a rainbow sky. It all happened so fast, and before I knew it, I woke up in a Vegas hotel, with beer everywhere. I hadn't been cured, but Kung Fu rabbit was trying to tell me to be independent, and to fix it myself when people rejected me. I also noticed my keys, phone, wallet,car, and watch were gone, but I knew Kung Fu rabbit had given it to those who need it more, those he has yet to show about his pure liquid love and Kung Fu skills. Ahhhh, that rabbit! Stay strong, my fellow worshipors.

By Penelope Xhan Benitez Lpopo

Kids may like it, but it offers little to nothing for adults

Author: Crestielover-6894 from United States
9 May 2014

I am a fan of Kung Fu Panda and this movie looked better than some of the other movies riding off Kung Fu Panda's success. I watched it while thinking of it as its own merit and overall, it just wasn't anywhere as good as the movie its obviously borrowing from. A lot of scenes, the trailer, fonts, character designs, etc are heavily borrowed from Kung Fu Panda and they didn't do a very good job of imitating it.

The main character, Fu (Tu in the Chinese original) is a fat rabbit whose only talent is cooking sweet cakes. He looks like an overgrown Moogle with aspects borrowed from Po. Unlike his panda counterpart, he's downright annoying and unlikeable. Po may be a goof, but Fu is a complete idiot to the point that its not even funny.

Fu's quest is given to him by an old master of Kung Fu; a monkey named Shifu who escapes from a fight with fatal wounds. Shifu is found by Fu and given the power of Kung Fu (just given it, not trained)and a tablet to give to his daughter, Penny (or Peony in the Chinese dub)before the master dies. The rabbit then forgets he even has these powers and has to be reminded about later it in a dream. The end fight against the villain Slash (a polar bear disguised as a Panda) is pretty good and easily the best part of the film. Slash reminds me a lot of TaiLung in body structure, down to the under bite.

Penny is the only really likable character, being the most skilled character. She mentions something about leaving her father, Shifu (I don't know how a monkey fathered a cat though) to go after her dreams (which I don't recall ever being mentioned as to what these dreams are. I might have blacked out).

Overall, the animation is okay, a lot better than other foreign animated films but its still nothing compared to the big American companies. The story had potential, but the plot is drawn out to the point of becoming boring and takes forever to really develop. The jokes aren't really funny. I think kids could maybe get some enjoyment out of it, but if you really want to watch something you'll both enjoy, go for Kung Fu Panda.

This is trash

Author: hunterdobert from United States
23 December 2013

This movie is terrible. First of all the people who made this movie should be in jail for copyright. I knew it would be a rip off of Kung Fu Panda but, they copied the movie completely. They even used the same character names. You cannot even understand Jon Hader. The rabbit is so stupid that its annoying. In Kung Fu Panda Po may be goofy but, at least he talk like a normal person. The acting is cheesy and its an animated movie. I just don't understand. The creator of this movie should be in jail. The main character does not even learn kung fu all he does is get powers from a dying animal. The whole point of Kung Fu Panda is that Po is an underdog who life long dream is to be the Dragon Warrior. In this movie the main character wants nothing to do with Kung Fu. All he wants to do is bake cookies. This movie is terrible. Do not watch this movie.

Would give this zero if IMDb had one

Author: andrewmdeakins from Brentwood, Essex
16 February 2017

There are many annoying things in life, Donald Trump, My latest car service bill, people whining about Brexit, none of these compare to the tedium of Kung Fu Rabbit.

If you ever want to see a lawsuit in the making, check this out as it gets about as close to Kung Fu Panda as is possible with all the entertainment and pizazz of an insurance seminar.

It was that gripping and my children were that excited, they went and filled in my tax bill for me.

Enough said, Me and the kids are off to read the terms and conditions for ITunes for something more exciting to do.

This Movie Is:

Author: Foxish Creeper
23 January 2017

A lame copy of Kung Fu Panda. The animation burned my eyes out. The jokes were so mediocre my four year old brother could've made them up. This is all just a copy of Kung Fu Panda. Let's see:

Lets look at all the facts that this is a copy of Kung Fu Panda. The master guy is named Shifu, such in Kung Fu Panda. Both Fu and Po from Kung Fu Panda are fat bakers. The bad guy in Kung Fu Rabbit looks just like Tai Lung except with more clothes. Tai Lung uses a flaming paw chi attack in Kung Fu Panda 1, and the panda bad guy from Kung Fu Rabbit also uses a flaming paw thing. Kung Fu Rabbit came out after Kung Fu Panda.

Kung Fu Rabbit has horrible animation, jokes, and story line. My brother wasted an hour and a half of my day telling me to watch it. This movie is a poor loser. This movie shouldn't even exist. Why would they waste their time making a movie if everyone will hate it because Kung Fu Panda exists? My friends hate Kung Fu Panda, yet they still agree it's a lot better than Kung Fu Rabbit. Needless to say, this movie is very bad.

weak animation, voice-work, story

Author: SnoopyStyle
13 November 2016

Shifu, the monkey is attacked by Slash and his thugs. Shifu is poisoned and comforted by Fu, the giant white rabbit. Fu is a dim-witted cook. The dying Shifu gives him his kung fu powers and tasked to give his tablet to his daughter Penny, the cat. Fu doesn't realize his new powers and gains work as a cook in Slash's palace. Slach proclaims himself the new kung fu master.

Of course, the comparison to Kung Fu Panda is inevitable and this movie is poorer for it. The animation looks about ten years behind the top level Hollywood work. The character designs also fail. It's mostly poor but a few are downright ugly. The story meanders a little but mostly it lacks any drama. Sadly, Jon Heder's quiet voice work is really weak. On the positive side, there is plenty of fast high-energy kung fu action. Overall, this is a poor attempt to take on the better Hollywood fare.