IMDb > Bigfoot (2012) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Bigfoot (TV) More at IMDbPro »

So Bad - it's not just bad - it's BAD!

Author: davidsmith666999 from United States
1 July 2012

Quite possibly the worst TV movie ever made.

The special effects Bigfoot reminded me of the Snow Monster from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Only the snow monster was scary.

While this movie was suppose to be cheesy and way out there. It failed on every level of film making. It was so awful even the editing sucked. The editing.

Terrible script. Awful acting. Horrible cinematography. Dumb story. Cheesy special effects. There is not one redeemable facet of this movie. Worst Director of the year.

I was embarrassed for everyone involved, especially Sherilyn Fenn, who I love. She was the only one I felt did a good job till she sprung into "action" halfway through. By that point I was laughing and gasping for the pain I felt for this group.

Had they taken this garbage script and played it like satire, and went ten times over board on the set, it might have been so bad it's good.

I'll never get out of my brain Greg Brady on that flying contraption. Oh, my God, what the hell were they thinking?

While I understand actors need to act to put food on the table. I'm ashamed for everyone involved.

Horrendous, simply horrendous.

Cheese would have been OK, but stupid drags it down

Author: bkwormonthenet from United States
30 June 2012

I was looking forward to the intentional cheesiness of the Partridge vs. Brady hype, but the movie just has too many stupid people doing stupid things that no real person would do. Ruined the fun for me. Also, since when is Bigfoot supposedly bigger than a house and yet could still never be found? And when did he start ripping people apart and eating them?

As the story went on, it just seemed like people in that community had been doing stupid things for maybe a century. No one could ever put 2 and 2 together and make 4.

At least Danny Bonnaduce realizes that his career is made up of playing some silly version of himself and glories in it. Poor Barry Williams has to play his role straight-faced and serious, trying so hard to make a glaring eye look more glaring and intense by keeping it glaring longer and twisting his inherently droopy face. I think he got the bad end of the deal on this one.

I had hoped for a good bad-movie-night film, but it's so much worse than that. Makes me sad. This could have been done with the right attitude and just a small grain of intelligence and been fun.

One of the Worst Bigfoot Movies Ever

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY

Bigfoot (2012)

1/2 (out of 4)

A concert promoter (Danny Bonaduce) is having an 80's festival in South Dakota and to do this he must destroy several acres of land, which doesn't sit well with a land lover (Barry Williams). Soon the two are battling each other over the land but Bigfoot shows up and wants everyone off him home turk. BIGFOOT comes from director Bruce Davison and lets just say that it's without question one of the worst movies ever done on the subject. I will admit that I'm a Bigfoot lover and I enjoy watching any movie I can on him so if someone such as myself hates this film so much I'm really not sure how bad others will hate it. I will say that I think Davison could make for a good director as it's clear he knows how to tell a story, the film looks professional and so on. However, whoever had the idea to do "this" to Bigfoot should be ashamed of themselves. The Bigfoot here isn't the one we've all come to love but instead it has more to do with King Kong. Yes, the title creature here is a gigantic monster that runs wild just like the big ape, which is just downright stupid and silly. For starters, just a tad bit of logic would tell you that it would be impossible for no one to have spotted him already if he was this big. Secondly, what was the point? Why have Bigfoot be this giant monster? Those expecting to see your typical Bigfoot are going to be disappointed but that's not the only bad thing. The constant back and forth between Williams and Bonaduce gets old very quickly. These elements seem more like a spoof but the rest of the film is played straight. Another problem is that there's really no fun to be had with Bigfoot being so annoying. Even his death scenes are pretty bland as he usually picks people up and bites their head off yet there's no blood so go figure. Joining the cast is Sherilyn Fenn who plays a cop and we get a fun cameo from Alice Cooper playing himself. Again, I'm really not sure whose idea it was to turn this Bigfoot into a giant ala King Kong but the end result is an incredibly bad movie and one of the worst of its kind. Even The Asylum should be embarrassed.

Absolutely terrible

Author: jamesashman79 from Southampton, UK
2 July 2012

This is probably one of the worst pieces of television I have watched in a long time.

The CGI is appalling, the physics of how the Bigfoot moves is comical and borders on stop motion quality.

The so called "concert" has no more than 30 people in the crowd, and this is obvious from the camera shots, yet the dubbed sound suggests there are thousands in attendance. The stage looked like it was constructed by drunk children as well. And to think Alice Cooper made an appearance in this is just sad.

The acting is ropey at best, the characters are unbelievable, The so called "master hunter" cannot even hold a rifle correctly.

To summarise, THIS IS GARBAGE and should never have been made. Waste of time for all involved.

I Love the 80's, but I Hate Asylum

Author: pv71989-1 from United States
30 June 2012

From an article with SyFy's head honcho three years ago, we learned that SyFy pays $2-3 million to groups like The Asylum and Roger Corman to make "original" pictures. Apparently, The Asylum is keeping most of that money.

This time around, instead of the bodacious Debbie Gibson and Tiffany, we're stuck with Danny "The Partridge Family" Bonaduce and Barry "Greg Brady" Williams battling each other and Bigfoot in Deadwood, South Dakota.

I won't spoil the ending but remember this is an Asylum flick, which means high body counts, people dying in incredibly stupid ways and, most of all, crummy special effects. I thought CGI was going to be the wave of the future? The effects in this movie look like a video game.

Even worse, the acting in this movie is more atrocious than usual for an Asylum movie. Bonaduce is his usual hammy self, just a bit more over the top than he is on "World's Dumbest..." Williams, however, has to play the straight man and fails miserably.

As for the plot, in a nutshell, Williams and Bonaduce play former singing partners who have parted ways 180 degrees. Bonaduce is a bigshot radio hack/producer whose greed knows no bounds, going so far as to take credit for a bloody Bigfoot attack bringing the town much needed publicity. Williams has gone environmentalist on us when he isn't trying to hit on his almost underage groupies.

Neither man is likable enough to root for. By the time we get to the inevitable fight scene between the two, it's too late. We can hit the restroom or make popcorn instead.

And I have to pity the poor city of Deadwood. The locals are portrayed as complete morons. Bigfoot annihilates about 10-15 construction workers yet no one in town pays attention. Tons of people go missing and business goes on as usual. Even when Bigfoot attacks a big concert stage, absolutely nothing fazes the citizenry until Bonaduce pays them to go after Bigfoot.

We got to see a more enthusiastic response from the rednecks in the notorious "Giant Spider Invasion" back in 1975. The Asylum needs to take a look at "Kingdom of the Spiders" or just about any Toho monster flick to show how the citizens are supposed to act when the monster attacks.

Oh and before I forget, Grade Z horror and monster flicks have had one thing in common from -- they either begin a great actor's career or show just how far the actor has fallen. SyFy abounds in the latter.

This time around, we get to see just how far Sherilynn Fenn of "Twin Peaks" has fallen out of favor in Tinseltown. She plays a deputy doing a poor imitation of Frances McDormand from "Fargo." Her hat has more to do than she does. Joining her is Howard "WKRP In Cincinnati" Hessman as the Murray Hamilton-style mayor and Bruce Davison as another deputy.

By the way, Davison directs and shows he apparently learned nothing from "Lathe of Heaven." He can't even successfully direct his own death scene.

Overall, by the time we get to the ending (hint: think "Piranhaconda"), we just want this film to be over with.

P.S.: The best part in this whole movie is Alice Cooper challenging Bigfoot for the title of "world's scariest creature."

Something Stupid This Way Comes

Author: piratecannon from United States
26 December 2012

Ever since Mr. Mercer and myself have endeavored to create our own monster movie based on the legendary bigfoot (you can read more about our efforts here), I've kept an eye out for any and all things related to the ever elusive Sasquatch. Enter the release of 2012′s Bigfoot, a made for TV movie that documents the reign of terror imposed by a creature more relative in size and stature to King Kong than the reportedly gentle giant that roams the forests of North America.

There are a number of ways one could approach a film like this, but I would never have guessed that the story would center around a rock concert in the shadow of Mount Rushmore. Two aging foes—who apparently shared glory days as members of jam bands during the 1980′s—lock horns in a dispute that boils down to conservationism versus capitalism. I'll save you the grief of a tedious narrative recap by saying simply that the catalyst that ultimately sets up the confrontation with the creature of cryptozoological lore is idiotic; it's a hammy idea that may have worked had the actors been more willing to "cheese up" the proceedings, but a misplaced sense of seriousness sinks any hopes of intentional laughter. Instead, we get uneven sequences that find our hero and villain spouting off cliché lines (and plot points) about protecting the environment and generating revenue for small town America (respectively).

Are you bored yet? If so, I apologize, but this serves to highlight the fatal flaw of Bigfoot: that there isn't enough of well bigfoot. When the monster shows up good fun is had by all, but too much of the movie is bogged down in a dispute between two unlikable characters. Last time I checked, people tune into the SyFy Channel movie of the week because they want over-the-top gore and an overabundance of horrendous special effects. Here, neither is given the screen time it deserves, and the result is a mind-numbing movie with an absolutely infuriating conclusion that's every bit as hollow as Alice Cooper's two minute cameo.

Yeah. You read that right. Actually, said appearance might just be the highlight of Bigfoot. As the aging rock star touts before being stepped on by the massive primate, "I'm the scariest thing you'll ever see!"

Another painful viewing experience from The Asylum.

Author: Paul Andrews (poolandrews@hotmail.com) from UK
2 December 2012

Bigfoot is set in the small South Dakota town of Deadwood where local radio host Harley Anderson (Danny Bonaduce) is organising an 80's style rock festival, the local mayor (Howard Hesseman) wants the festival as a way of bring business into the town but local environmentalist Simon Quint (Barry Williams) opposes the festival as a large area of woodland has to be cut down to make way for it. Both Anderson & Quint argue over the plans but Anderson gets his way, the trees are cut down & the festival goes ahead. The headlining act is ageing rocker Alice Cooper, deep in the surrounding woods a huge Bigfoot type creature is annoyed by the loud rock music & rampages through the festival destroying equipment & killing people. The national guard are called in, local outrage & horror at the atrocity changes to sympathy as Quint argues that the Bigfoot monster is a victim & should be captured while Anderson wants to profit from the creature & calls in big game hunters to trap it...

Produced by the talentless folk at The Asylum & premiering on the SyFy Channel before going to DVD this piece of crap had the working title of Black Hills & was directed by Bruce Davison who oddly also starred in & directed a few episodes of the Harry and the Hendersons (1991-1993) television series which featured a Bigfoot creature living with an average American family so I guess he was chosen for prior experience in the Bigfoot genre, whatever the reason Bigfoot is total crap from start to finish & is an embarrassment to all concerned. While different films appeal to different people & they can have differing but no less worthwhile opinions about them Bigfoot is a film where you should take notice of all the bad reviews, the 2 out of 10 score on the IMDb is justified here, all the negative reviews & bad mouthing of this piece of rubbish is hard to disagree with. At just under 90 minutes it's really boring, the story is just so random, it has no central concept beyond this Bigfoot thing killing a few people & various character's running around with different agendas trying to capture it. Wouldn't a huge manhunt be organised in order to trap & kill it? If Anderson manages to capture it why does he think he will be able to do whatever he wants with it? The same goes for Quint. Why, when this Bigfoot kills people in cold blood is Quint still so keen to save it? Where are all the locals? The idea that bad rock music makes this Bigfoot go crazy is just lame, wouldn't anyone else have seen this thing before? It's 40 or 50 feet high, you could hardly miss it could you? The plot, that character's & the dialogue are all awful, the plans these idiots come up with to capture the thing just defy logic. Bigfoot is just painful to watch. I also couldn't help but think of King Kong while watching this, the Bigfoot monster looks more like a huge Ape much like Kong & with the climax set on a famous landmark like Mount Rushmore one can see the similarities of Kong's climax set on the Empire State Building.

Technically Bigfoot is an absolute mess too, some of the continuity is atrocious like when near the end Bigfoot is rampaging through a car park yet in the very next scene he's jumping down from a wall in front of Mount Rushmore nowhere near any car park or the inconsistencies of it's size. The special effects are terrible, the Bigfoot is a CGI creation & it looks awful as it awkwardly stomps, walks, kicks & slaps stuff. It does get embarrassing at times. The CGI helicopters also look rubbish. This thing is huge, like 40 or 50 feet high yet it is able to 'sneak' up on people & why does everyone just stand there waiting for it to kill them? Time & time again character's just stand there with stupid expressions on their faces, waiting for this huge monster to get close enough to kill them. God this is awful, how I made it all the way through I will never know. The ending set on Mount Rushmore is rubbish, the location is totally wasted & again the CGI work is atrocious.

Filmed in Carnation in Washington on what must have been a very low budget. The acting isn't very good, rocker Alice Cooper makes a small cameo appearance while has been television stars Danny Bonaduce & Barry Williams play the lead character's but look bored.

Bigfoot is a terrible film, make no mistake about it Bigfoot is as bad as any SyFy Channel original you care to think of. I don't know why I keep watching this crap for, it's not like I am unaware what to expect. The bad news is that the SyFy Channel over her recently played Jersey Shore Shark Attack (2012) which is currently waiting for me on my set top box, I shudder at the thought.

The fact that it's stupid is just one of the criticisms

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
1 July 2012

I do like Bigfoot movies and wanted to be entertained by this film no matter of my dubiousness. Sadly, my dubiousness(the fact that it's SyFy is clue enough of the level of quality you're expecting) proved correct, because apart from some decent scenery and a fun cameo from Alice Cooper, Bigfoot(2012) is an awful film, though not quite awful enough to be one of their worst. The camera work and editing have been worse before, but there is nothing exceptional about them. The special effects are really just terrible, even for SyFy the Bigfoot, more an out-of-scale version of King Kong, is incredibly cheap. How the Bigfoot is utilised doesn't help either, it never does anything other than running around wild killing people, which does get old fast, and it's never explained as to why he is so big. And the killings are very bland with no sense of real danger or suspense. The dialogue is very cheesy which I was expecting, but surely the actors deserved more to work with, Bigfoot commits one of movie-writing's biggest mistakes and actually gives them next to nothing to do. Consequently the acting is very poor, with Danny Bonaduce made to send up himself, which may have been more fun if the rapport between him and Barry Williams, giving meaning to playing it straight blandly, had been more inspired and less irritating. Sherilyn Fenn also turns up and is not given much to do. They are further not helped by their characters. I would not have minded if the characters were stereotypical or not(I actually have seen movies that do have clichéd characters but manage to do something with them, From Here to Eternity for example), it was the way that they were written that was the problem. I do think SyFy are at their worst, when their characters are both underdeveloped and made to do stupid things, sadly both of which are seen in Bigfoot. Furthermore, the story is dull, predictable and devoid of any kind of sense or logic, I agree absolutely about the Bigfoot not being spotted, if he was that big there is no way that nobody would've not spotted him(which is what brings me to my point about the characters doing stupid things). So all in all, even for SyFy Bigfoot is an awful film. Has some decent scenery and Cooper is reasonably fun, but the stupidity of the story, the cheapness of Bigfoot himself, annoying characters and poor acting bring things down. 1/10 Bethany Cox

So bad that it is.......................bad.

Author: jerekra from United States
28 January 2014

Bigfoot is another of those SYFY movies that is pretty bad. But they all are like that so you have to throw your expectations out the window when you see a movie like that and that will help you enjoy it more. I did so when watching this film and only was mildly entertained.

The story is about a giant bigfoot that attacks a city during a rock convention. Simple as that.

Bigfoot is done with CGI, just like all the other films like this. He looks OK, but when he moves sometimes he looks really bad. This bigfoot did not do anything that stands out besides bite peoples heads off.

Human characters are all horrible actors like usual, Danny Bonaduce does play a great jerk in this film tho. All the others are your typical SYFY characters. I thought it was cool that Alice Cooper appeared in this film, he was probably the best part of this movie.

The action scenes are typical, nothing special.

Pretty standard film, nothing really stands out. I do not really recommend it.

Absolutely Terrible

Author: John Kirkby from Ontario, Canada
6 July 2012

I'm not sure why I even wasted time watching this one to the end. Having done that though gave me a chance to be amazed at how many names were in the closing credits. The CGI rendering of the Bigfoot, explosions, fires, etc is about as lousy as is possible. The sound effects of the Bigfoot's steps regardless of terrain or speed are also ridiculous. I love most Bad movies in the sci-fi, horror, exploitation, etc genres but once in a while you come across one that is just plain 'total waste of time' kind of bad....and this one is one of those. Now this is a 'made for TV' movie which 30-40 years ago meant you should expect a poorly made one...but for years now that is no longer the case.