Mayor Tom Tinsdale plans a bridge as his legacy, precursor to Middleton, Delaware's annexation to the city across the river. His wife Martha spearheads the opposition, but instead of her, ...
See full summary »
Good Witch Cassie Nightingale is back to her bewitching ways, but this time she's also juggling a newborn daughter and her job as town Mayor. With such a busy schedule she and her husband, ... See full summary »
Almost as soon as Jake and Cassie decide to get married on Christmas Eve, complications arise. Ex-con Leon Deeks arrives in town, and Jake is asked by the mayor to make him his top priority... See full summary »
Middleton prepares for its bicentennial, and Grey House is to be the party venue. Good witch Cassie is remodeling it as B&B. her first and only guest, Nick Chasen, claims to be a distant ... See full summary »
Cassandra Nightingale prepares to celebrate her birthday, hoping to bring as many of her friends and family together as possible. While investigating her family history, she discovers a ... See full summary »
Stranded at an airport at Christmastime, Ashley Harrison accepts a ride from Dash Sutherland, who has just rented the last car in town. As the pair heads north, their adventures include car... See full summary »
Andrew W. Walker,
An earnest, culinary school hopeful, clashes with a big shot celebrity chef when she is assigned to ghostwrite his cookbook. As they struggle to get through each recipe together, their ... See full summary »
Business consultant Caryn Briggs (Rachel Boston) is still single at 30, but is in no rush to wed. She's always been skeptical about marriage, thinking the commitment would mean throwing ... See full summary »
Mayor Tom Tinsdale plans a bridge as his legacy, precursor to Middleton, Delaware's annexation to the city across the river. His wife Martha spearheads the opposition, but instead of her, the committee unanimously calls for Cassie to stand for mayor. Jake is preoccupied with controlling demonstrations, but soon finds indications that the merger may not be so good after all. Brandon is composing a song to get him into music academy, but counts for lyrics on buddy Wesley, an incorrigible womanizer, whom Lori has an instant crush on. Cassie invites her just-discovered maternal niece Abigail, who has a mild criminal past and a knack for junior magic. Written by
I finally got around to watching this one and I have to agree with most the other reviews: boy has Chris Potter become portly or is Jake fearing for his life in peaceful Middleton, Canada and wearing 3 bulletproof vests under his jacket!? If he doesn't watch it, Chris will soon catch up to Catherine Disher! Also he could use some botox or filler. Last time I saw him in interviews he looked a lot less wrinkled than this. Did he miss his injection appointments? Anyway he sure wasn't in the movie much at all this time and, again: real hard buying him as love interest or even straight. He sure doesn't show much affection in his eyes to his now wife. It's called acting, Chris, you used to know how to do this, what happened? Equally horrid is Catherine Bell's face: she's packing even more silicone in her cheeks than in movie 1. In fact she could play Maleficent and not need external prosthesis due that her silicone is stuffed deep below her skin! Her hair is still as flat and dingy as ever.
I can't add much more than the other reviewers have already said, except Chris Potter needs to stop leaving the police force (hello throw back to KFTLC packing his little box of stuff) and the storyline was horrid and did not move that much at all. Also whoever played Abigail was good, and she was a looker, a little like Megan Fox's little sister, a nice contrast to Catherine Bell's plastic face. OK so, how about some tips for the production to improve on the next film?
1. Have Chris Potter hit the gym and give him some DHEA, green tea and/or body building & fat burning amino acids. No one expects him to look 35 any more but come on! And get some romance scenes going.
2. MORE MAGIC! Enough of the wishy-washy is she or is she not? The title says "Witch" not "Pseudo New Ager Poser". Get some major magic tools, a wand, a crystal ball that she actually uses, you get the gist. Browse witchcraft websites and get this going. Sure keep it family but make it more hardcore so far as the witch/magic part is concerned. We could have used a close up on those stones (amethysts?) that Martha remarked she was selling for 25c. Give us close ups on the magical tools! And a full-on séance or spell casting scene would be tops! The voodoo dolls were a nice touch except you didn't do enough with them. SET THE MAGICAL MOOD!
3. Get Catherine Bell some decent clothes! No one expects her to dress like Dynasty but enough with the dull garb. Give the woman some color, hot pink, royal blue, bright red, fiery orange, bright green, titillating teal or turquoise, sequined purple etc. The half cloak she wore almost went there but it was dull gray plaid with a terrible cut above her rear. The red lining was a nice touch, more of that. Think magic: satin, sequins, glitter strategically placed, not overbearing would be cool. And do something with her hair. Extensions will give her much needed volume. Maybe a few curls too, like a lioness wig.
4. Bring back the old shop, make it cozy & witchy. Bring back Grey House. Make it more eerie. I'm thinking ghosts, sure go with are there or are there not, but get some good spooky music to go along. And bring back the old couple if the actors would (Grandpa).
5. Write a story that is not a yawn-fest this time. Can't help you with that except for the ghosts idea, no need to pay me royalties, it's on me. Hire the writers from story 1 and take it from there. Then your ratings will improve or else this series is going downhill faster than Obama's presidency. That's it.
3 of 15 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?