IMDb > "Bones" The Change in the Game (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Bones" The Change in the Game (2011)

« Prev | 128 of 245 Episodes | Next »

Very powerful episode

Author: Sasha Lehocky from United States
20 May 2011

This episode had it all, laughs, tears, almost heartache. I wish it would have been a longer season finale. The actors really sold their emotions; I could feel how much pain Angela was in and the pain Angela was inflicting on Jack. They really sold how much they loved each other when describing what they loved about in one another. When the baby was born you could see the anxiety in their eyes and the relief that everything turned out well in the end. When Hodgins came out with his son, his face was beaming with pride, like every father should. I especially loved the ending, the way Bones was worried about the repercussions of a baby and how Booth reassured her that a baby was an amazing gift. When Bones told Booth she was pregnant with his child his smile brought me to tears, I have watched it over and over again. I do want to clarify that Hart Hanson stated that even before Emily found out she was pregnant they were going have Bones expecting eventually. The story line worked out, we have been following this show for six years, a lot of fans were getting anxious for something tangible to happen between Booth and Brennen. On a side note, what made this episode so much better was the lack of blatant Toyota advertising and the sometimes not so subtle political quips. Here is an excerpt from an interview with Hart Hanson;

Would this be happening now in the story if Emily Deschanel hadn't become pregnant in real life?

Yes. This was something that we had been discussing even before Emily found out she was pregnant. It's very difficult to find a way to deal with two characters who everybody knows should be together without embracing what everybody calls the Moonlighting curse. We had to find a way to keep the integrity of those characters intact, and yet move them along because you can only wait so long. So we wanted to avoid that part of the relationship where you first get together and the fresh glow of love, and you're sharing dessert, and you're overly polite. We didn't want to do that. Booth and Brennan have disagreed about fundamentally everything — except each other — for six years. That will continue. Their characters will remain the same: Booth and Brennan will have completely different ways of dealing with the pregnancy, completely different ways of dealing with where their life goes from here. Booth is the marrying kind as we know, and Brennan is not. Where are they gonna live? How are they gonna raise the child? How are they gonna continue to catch murderers together when they have a baby hanging around? So all of these issues will be dealt with in the way that they're always dealt with — from opposite sides. The ultimate pragmatist meets this romantic who has faith that everything will be worked out as long as you look at it the right way. These are issues that won't die. We hopefully have found a way to continue what everyone loves about Bones while really kicking it up a notch and adding a whole new set of complications now that these two people actually find themselves together.

Here is the link to the rest of the interview with Hart Hanson explaining the story line was not compromised.

Totally enjoyable

Author: cal1946 from United States
20 May 2011

I found Bones' announcement to Booth and his answering grin of joy a delight. I have been watching this show for six seasons, waiting for Booth and Bones to finally get together and I believe it will add a new dimension to the show (unlike the previous reviewer). I think the writing is marvelous, the situations excellent and the character interaction such fun to watch...it is going to be a long summer waiting for the new season to start. I must admit I will miss Mr. Nigel-Murray but I am sure the writers will come up with a new equally interesting character. After all, the show survived the demise of Zackaroni (I do miss him though). Wonder what will happen with Sweets and Daisy, how about Cam, Wendell, Mr Vaziri, and, of course, we will be watching little Michael Stacatto Vincent Hodgins as he follows in his mother's or father's footsteps...Who knows. I am looking forward to more of my crime fighting friends at the Jeffersonian and their compatriots at the FBI.

*Spoiler* My review

Author: Olivia Mitchell from Ohio, US
19 May 2011

I was honestly disappointed in the last four minutes of this episode. The fact that Deschanel is pregnant in real life should not have manipulated the television story plot. I understand this would have been pretty difficult to maneuver around but it would have been worth it. Brennan and Booth's relationship has always been that of logic and the story line has always made sense but the fact that they are eligibly having a baby does not add up. I was generally just disappointed with the end. I feel that the fact that they are having a baby will eventually put an end to the story, it will suffocate and die.

For positive news:

Angela and Hodgins had their baby! What a cute baby it was! They discovered it wasn't blind and that was a definite cry moment for the show.

Overall, great show, great season finale. Can't wait to see what Hanson has for us next. SO excited for next time.

The result in the reality

Author: judithvanzwieten
26 June 2014

SPOILER ALERT!

Since I'm talking about the episode this is definitely a spoiler... Just as a lot of others I imagine, I found it a real bump in the plot that suddenly Bones is pregnant too. However She was so realistic about it, the changes in the body a woman undergoes with pregnancy were so much more evident than with Angela. Also after the child was born there was evidence of it still. So I did some digging, it turns out that Emily whom plays Dr. Brennan, was expecting a child in late 2011. So I concluded that it probably was real, and that it was just a change in the plot the writers hadn't foreseen. However I'm not 100% sure about this, but it seems like a highly likely scenario...

Another accidental pregnancy

Author: reddragon-14 from United States
21 May 2011

Well first we finally have Angelas and Hodgins accidental baby and everything turned out alright. Cute kid, not blind although we all knew it wouldn't be, the writers just have to throw in some extra drama for suspense. Last week it was Nigel-Murray getting killed. As for Brennan getting pregnant, please, so much for the brilliant scientist(most brilliant in the world according to her) that doesn't even know about contraception. What kind of idiot has unprotected sex these days? She most likely would been on the pill to prevent this kind of thing from happening. One time with Booth, now pregnant. I guess he's so fertile that nothing can stop his reproduction. Look forward for a miscarriage near the end of the season. More drama. Seems to me she was kinda promiscuous in earlier seasons and had more than one sexual relationship and she even bragged about them to Angela and how she never intended to get married and never got pregnant. What's next. Sweets and Daisy with and unexpected pregnancy? Or how about Cameron, maybe she'll get pregnant and marry the dude so her almost daughter will have a daddy. Seem like nobody at the Jeffersonion can keep it in their pants.