IMDb > Bad Kids Go to Hell (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Bad Kids Go to Hell More at IMDbPro »

An OK funny movie

Author: dawulf from United States
18 January 2013

Watched this the other night and played a fun game while doing it. It's called " find all the Breakfast club references". First one is free and that's Judd Nelson. This is not a horror movie to scare you but it is funny...the incredible bad luck of the one kid is hilarious and sad! The athlete's death is rather funny. A good portion of the movie, mainly the characters' personality quirks, and the motivation behind it all are predictable..after about 15 minutes I was already calling out keys points to the plot. It was that obvious. But overall the movie is fun.I wouldn't watch it again but wasn't unhappy that I saw it once either. Last five minutes are interesting.

Wow

Author: dinosaur_man2002
6 August 2012

Such an homage to the breakfast club and its great that Judd Nelson plays the principal. The acting is great you can't help but hate the kids. I really could not stand Amanda Alch's and Marc Donato's character by the end which is great acting on his part. I felt bad for Ali Faulkner's and Cameron Stewart's characters. It reminded me about high school and the school I teach at specifically some of the teachers I have to work with. It is always about cliques. Overall it is a great movie, I would have recommended seeing it. The acting from the young stars is fantastic, and all have a bright future. Adding Judd Nelson to the cast is sheer irony and added to the movie. I can't wait until it is wide release.

I still like Ben Browder, but hope never to see the other actors again.

Author: suite92 from SoCal, USA
7 October 2013

Crestview Academy is a private school for upper crust brats. The film starts with the beginning of an eight-hour detention for six very entitled scumbag teenagers. Dr. Day locks them in, but not before Veronica poisons him (ongoing vomiting, perhaps not death). Within twenty minutes I was ready for all these useless bastards to be slaughtered. That's what I call successful writing.

Megan dies first from the inability to find her ventilator while under the stress of a séance.

They try to escape; they try to explain the recurrence of large roaches. They end up in round upon round of recriminations against one another, anti-enforced by flashbacks.

The adults are clueless; why don't they pull the plug on the bad behavior? Why not have the perpetrators arrested? Turn off the electricity to the sound system at events? There are ways to assert control non-violently. Even good old expulsion comes to mind.

After firing bullets at the bookcases to soothe his conscience, Craig Cook gets a nice piece of steel through his thorax. Nice.

Tricia assaults Matt Clark with a nail gun, but does not kill him.

Someone kills Veronica with a shard of glass, only it was a fake out. She was in alliance with Dr. Day, or so she thought.

In a last reversal of expectations, only Matt is left standing, and the cops pick that instant to enter the detention room. The cops immediately taser him, then muzzle him. Max explains what really happened, knowing Matt will never be able to credibly repeat it.

------Scores------

Cinematography: 7/10 OK, but little was done to disguise the bad casting.

Sound: 2/10 Unforgivable. Whoever mixed the sound did a bad job. The rotten music was set down much louder than the conversational tracks. To hear the conversations, I have to crank up to 50; to avoid blowing out my ears while the useless, irritating 'music' is on, I need to drop it down to 10. Ridiculously bad. The incompetence extends into the credits.

Acting: 0/10 Bad, except for Ben Browder. Judd Nelson might as well have phoned in his performance. You'd think actors in their twenties could do better jobs at playing teenagers. Amanda Alch (23), Mark Donato (24), Roger Edwards (32), and Ali Faulkner (over 22, probably by a lot) were the actors for whom I could find ages. Those may be their stated ages, but they look even older. Augie Duke looked about 40 in a closeup; searching on the net suggested she's 27. I think real teenagers could do a better job than this crew of non-actors. The extras were uniformly terrible.

Screenplay: 4/10 The rotten non-teenagers do get good and dead. On the other hand, the sequencing of current time versus endless flashbacks was poor. On the whole, this was a muddled piece of nonsense.

Green Light on the red yellow green for this movie

Author: tanmanmighty2 from NY
13 April 2013

This one is a must see for horror movie enthusiasts. If you like those witty funny creep cult flicks this is for you. Just really well done. Listen its a tricky combo when you're trying to add funny with creepy, if one element, the cast, the editing, the effects the directing even the timing is off its all just crap this movie nailed it . . . really in the genre of 'Heathers', 'Jawbreaker', 'Ginger Snaps', 'Jennifer's Body' they have just the right amount of hah to the boo, the cast was excellent and Im sure we will be seeing more of them hopefully in the same genre Some of the plot is formula, but it does have a few surprises, what really makes this a must see is the great way it appeals to current times and types, much like how 'Heathers' was so '80s this film is destined to be a cult classic for the post millennium, adding it to my own personal collection

Very good dark comedy

Author: unsafefilms from United States
10 December 2012

I saw this on opening weekend and found it to be quite entertaining. The acting was above average, and the story reminded me of "Heathers". It was funny, and had some pretty nice eye candy. However, it was not perfect, (very few are), and if I had a major complaint, it would be that the sexy Chanel Ryan was totally underutilized. I thought her character could have, and should have been fleshed out a little more. Hopefully if there is a sequel, she will have a bigger role. Also, the Megan character was killed off too soon. I would have preferred that the the jock character had been killed off sooner. He was not a very strong character. That is really about all I can say, I just want to reiterate that I did however enjoy the film.

What a mess this movie is... could had been way better

Author: Destroyer Wod from Quebec
1 September 2014

Its really disappointing when you see a movie with such potential turning up to be such a high disappointment. The premise was good, and it could had made up for a very nice ambient horror movie with the ghost subject and all. Maybe had some nice gruesome kills on top of that, but i would had mainly see it as ambient horror. But sadly it turned out to be just a confusing mess. The characters for a start are so unbelievable. The situation shown in the flashbacks are totally out of nowhere and you are just thinking "did i just saw that?". The core of the story about the kids killing the Indian dude is also completely weird. Then how they behave in the day the movie is happening is also completely off the roof stupid.

The only 2 characters that are slightly interesting are Veronica and Matt, but even there at some point they got me loss. The ambiance is not scary at all. The ghost effects look cheap and fake(they turn out to be in the story but still...) so it does not make for a scary movie at all. The kills are mostly done off screen or in ways that are not satisfying either. The only time the movie score points is because it always make you guess on what is happening but sadly the way they reveal the story is not nicely done at all.

At the end it turn out the bad guys are Veronica(for what reason... i am still thinking about it) and the teacher who put them in detention in the first place. Again not really understanding why they did that, and why he kill his sidekick either. Oh yeah because she made him sick... ahem.

Then there is some kind of final twist which show Max the janitor pretty much being the relative of the Indian dude(even tough he does not look Indian at all) and putting the blame of the killing on Matt... just because Matt "could be" a descendant of the general who massacred some Indians in the old time. Yeah confusing right? So was he with the teacher or not? Did he just seized the occasion? In any case even the ending is not remotely satisfying.

Oh and i almost forgot to mention the music... ouch. Its truly amazingly bad and irritating. The sound effects on the other hand where OK.

So well sadly this movie turn out to be just another cheap horror slasher with a bad twist and you won't remember it in T-minus 1 day...yup already forgot.

Okay at best

Author: SanteeFats from United States
29 September 2013

It is not that bad a movie but it is not that good either. Six kids stuck in detention at an elite school. One by one they start to die. Who is responsible? The ghost of the Indian whose house was taken over by eminent domain so the school could expand? The last student standing, the one with the axe? Seems like all the students have a dark something to hide. Dr. Day, the school shrink, is really weird, well outside the usual standards for such a character. Then again this is not that good a movie so who cares. Where do all the bugs come from in such an expensive school, the ghost? A little racism shows up when the juvie kid tells the black kid he would have been hung if he had been in the same place. It turns out that juvie kid actually seems to try to keep things together but of course he can't keep the privileged over pampered kids of the rich and powerful from doing stupid egotistical stuff. As their numbers decline the paranoia and fear increases. When it turns out that the perpetrators are the school shrink and his doxy I admit I was surprised. What I don't understand is why Rainwater's heir sets up the juvie kid, he was innocent.

Scooby Doo

Author: jimmerw from Canada
2 June 2014

I don't know enough about the person who made this to determine if they are an actual film maker. But, as I watched this, I found a movie that didn't know what it wanted to be.

This was a complete mess. It tried to be suspense, then, in the end, it tried for horror movie gore. If you watched this, think really hard about the end. It made no sense at all. Timelines were messed up, no resolution to the story, just a garbled mess.

I will refrain from the so obvious comparisons to BREAKFAST CLUB, and focus on SCOOBY DOO.

It looked like a very very weak version of a BREAKFAST CLUB knockoff with some suspense. It ended up looking like an episode of SCOOBY DOO.

There was a good concept hidden in this movie, but the maker appeared to work very very hard at burying that concept.

I don't know who made this movie. If it was a high school film class project, it was OK. If it was meant to be a real movie...........it was truly horrible. I didn't even mention the terribly weak attempts at slapstick humour.

This movie had no business being made.

What a straight up hot mess looks like.

Author: hannahbelleh from United States
19 June 2013

Let me give you a few words of advice. When you've got a first time director who has only even acted as an extra before, you're in trouble. Not to say all directors need to be actors, but a little experience is beneficial. No production work? No crew credits? We're in trouble here, and it shows. What we end up here is a brand spankin' new director thinking he can make the next Breakfast Club, but horror style. What we end up with is poor old now Z-list actor Judd Nelson trying to manage a bunch of poorly acting 28 year olds trying to play teenagers, and spitting out your typical B-movie horror crap. I use horror lightly here, as this movie isn't scary in the slightest. It's stereotypes, done without any sense of understanding. When your actors have credits like "hooker" in movies no one has ever watched... you get exactly what you would expect. I pity the director for thinking he has talent, and I pity poor Mr. Nelson for what he has become. Avoid this one at all costs.

A Teenage Murder Mystery with Plenty of Gore

Author: Film Watchin Fool from United States
25 July 2013

Watch this if...you enjoy murder-mystery films with some gore and teenage drama mixed in.

Acting/Casting: 5.5* - The acting is solid in some of the cast (Browder, Duke) and questionable and bad in some of the others (Edwards), which results in an average score to me. I've seen much worse in this genre and in this case it doesn't take away from the movie at all.

Directing/Cinematography/Technical: 6* - I will admit that the movie was confusing at times, but it had a pretty nice pace to it. It keeps the viewer engaged and the lighting and gore is done fairly well. A pretty good job done by Matthew Spradlin and his crew.

Plot/Characters: 4.5* - A group of students get locked in a library for detention and people begin to die after the group solicit ancient ghosts. This is a murder/mystery type story that isn't extremely well put together and at many points is hard to follow and hard to believe.

Entertainment Value: 5.5* - It was a fairly entertaining watch for a slow Sunday afternoon, but I don't think I will be watching the movie again. I also wouldn't tell anyone to go out of their way to see it, but it is an okay film.

My Score: 5.5+6+4.5+5.5 = 21.5/4 = 5.375

Email your thoughts to filmwatchinfool@gmail.com