IMDb > Song of the Sea (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Song of the Sea

Song of the Sea More at IMDbPro »

Another example that shows Irish animation is world class!

Author: Rosalyn Lim 林惠美 (hayashimegumi) from http://rosalynmuses.blogspot.com
11 October 2015

People, I kid you not. An amazing, animation studio from Ireland by the name of Cartoon Saloon has arisen, and it is bound to have a legendary status. The creators behind Song of the Sea (2014) are undeniably some of the most creative and passionate people in the animation industry. You can tell it from just watching their movies!

Their latest feature Song of the Sea (2014) is yet another example that shows Irish animation is world class. Like their previous works, this animated feature is beautiful and it feels so magical looking at them. What's more about this animated feature is its heartwarming theme and interesting, lovable characters, making it immensely captivating and entertaining.

Honestly, most of the characters (human or not) are gorgeous and it's difficult to not love them! It has plenty of charming Irish mythological figures such as Selkie, Mac Lir the giant, Tír na nÓg, Seanachai and Macha in addition to Ben and Saoirse's cute family!

The protagonists, Ben and Saoirse are also inspiring. They are just children who felt mostly lonely at home but they are very brave. These siblings learned to get along with each other and the elder brother grows up most; he has learned to be more open-minded and on how to be a responsible big brother!

Ending this post, I must say that Song of the Sea (2014) is awesome! With nice music and vivid animations, their adventure in this animated feature is nothing like we've seen before! If you love mythology, I am sure you will love it! Give them a try and I am sure you will love them instantly, as much as I do!

PS. This is my 92th animated movie review and it is one of the very rare that gets a rating of 10 out of 10 stars!