IMDb > "The Defenders" Morelli v. Kaczmarek (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Defenders" Morelli v. Kaczmarek (2011)

« Prev | 18 of 18 Episodes

Plot Device Entertaining

Author: getyourdander from United States
12 March 2011

This is a plot device episode that works very well. While the legal basis of one law firm not being unable to represent both a husband and a wife in the same case due to a conflict of interest is a little flimsy, it is used to excellent effect here.

During the season there has been some friction between Morelli & Kaczmarek at times. This plot exploits it and throws in a clever case as a bonus. Because of the conflict, they split the firm. The story has some good edges at points and plays the characters development off from prior episodes.

We find out who wants Pete's Office, & what the receptionist thinks of being replaced at Pete's office. We find out that the D.A.'s office while trying to split the Lawyers up have some conflicts of their own.

Frank Sinatra Jr makes his second guest shot in this one.

I like it when the writers get a little clever and set up unusual situations. I hope CBS is keeping this show next season as this episode starts to to get into the potential of different situations that can keep the show fresh.

This Episode: Divide But Conquer ****

Author: edwagreen from United States
12 March 2011

The show has been getting better since they have been concentrating on one story line as well as the chemistry between Jerry O'Connell and Belushi being phenomenal.

When our dynamic duo decide to defend a couple accused of murdering their business Yoga instructor, the situation is such that the 2 guys are forced to dissolve their partnership to avoid a conflict in the case.

With the divide, they are still able to really join forces and again defeat that obnoxious prosecuting attorney and his assistant. This just proves that they still need one another, even though they were almost destroying each other in court. It's still all about friendship.