IMDb > Resident Evil: Retribution (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Resident Evil: Retribution

Resident Evil: Retribution More at IMDbPro »

Page 13 of 44: [Prev][8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [Next]

wow all the movies are bad not just this one

Author: d-adrian-williams from United Kingdom
11 December 2012

Look im gonna cut to the chase, when i first played resident evil on my ps1 the first scenes were SCARY, resident evil games are SCARY, this movie is NOT SCARY whatsoever, how can a video game out fright a motion picture? Its not just that though, its like the makers thought hey lets make resident evil matrix style to give it flair, well it doesn't. I don't rate any of the resident evil franchise, i mean the first movie when she's fly kicking a dog, so fake, they should have slowed the pace more and made it more i don't know.........REAL, the video game eats this movie for breakfast, the walking dead eats the whole franchise for breakfast, give me 28 days later anyday. the best part of this whole franchise was the fight with wesker and that was taken from the game itself, what does that tell you?..........EPIC FAIL

Haters gonna hate.

Author: BA_Harrison from Hampshire, England
11 December 2012

Director Paul W.S. Anderson and the Resident Evil films get a lot of hate, mostly from gamers who aren't happy with the way the story has been adapted for screen, but for me the whole series has been consistently entertaining, light on logic perhaps but heavy on the mayhem, with Anderson's latest offering, Retribution, being no exception.

From the visually stunning credits sequence—Alice battling the Umbrella Corp in reverse slo-mo—to the apocalyptic finalé that looks like Hell on Earth, the film is non-stop popcorn fun, packed full of impressive action sequences, stunning special effects, excellent monsters, cool weaponry, and some very lovely ladies in impossibly tight battle dress. And as long as Milla and her sexy co-stars keep on slipping into figure-hugging outfits to do battle with corporate soldiers and hideous mutated zombies, I'll keep on watching.

Admittedly, this one feels less like a film and more like a video game than previous installments, the action moving mechanically from one scenario to the next, each presenting new dangers for Alice and her pals, but it is done with such energy and visual flair that it never proves boring. The film also offers up the rather appealing idea that The Umbrella Corp have been cloning employees to populate their massive testing grounds, keeping thousands of specimens in storage waiting to be activated. I'd like an Ada Wong and an Alice if there are any going spare! 7.5 out of 10, rounded up to 8 for IMDb.

Rescue

Author: moorthyvlr from India
5 October 2012

I knew from the beginning what to expect from this movie. This movie is more or less like the next episode of the previous one. All the action sequences are good but not without drawbacks. If people saw the After life they should have known that in this movie Alice is just like any other human. So if it was gunfight or hand to hand combat they should have taken some care to make her fight smart rather than hard. The storyline was not bad but if they have given some accounts by narration here and there it would been clearer. Resident Evil movies are usually innovative but in this movie there is not a single scene which had that innovative touch. Even with all this I liked this movie.If you want to see this movie and like it then don't expect anything totally new because it is blend of all the movies which came before this one with added rescue op.

I saw it first day first show in India... big mistake...

Author: nishchint-jalan from India
28 September 2012

Well I am a die hard fan of the series and was eagerly awaiting this one.

The film is a total waste of time money CGI and talent.. no new twists came up..very little/almost nil plot development.. I just could not connect with any of the characters and in the end frankly did not care if they live or die. The threats also dint seem real.. a single plot carried the whole movie.

All in all BAD.

I will still go to see first day first show of this if there is a next part.

Amazing!

Author: TaraOHorvath from Wakeman ohio
29 June 2014

This is by far my favorite resident evil! So much action! So much emotion too! Really ties in how Alice came to be Alice! Loved the end of the movie where the actual world is in complete ruin, I am ecstatic and really quite anxious to see the next resident evil coming out in 2015! I seriously wish I could play the part of a hot bad ass chick in a movie!!! Lol :0) there's just something incredibly amazing about a woman who can be fierce, all the actors and actresses in this movie played their parts very well. Whatever happened to the little girl though? Maybe will show in the next movie? Is she going to be given powers and be able to fight alongside the resistance and get revenge for her mother? I'm guessing it will be an epic movie considering it's called "the final chapter"! So I'm sure everything will all tie together and make for a climatic end! Super stoked! But jeez if I can't be in the movie at least name one of the bad asses TARA (after me of course ; ) ) Keep up the great work! Anxiously waiting!

The new Uwe Boll?

Author: phunnyconflicts from USA
12 February 2013

Every time Paul W.S. Anderson releases a movie, its just more worse than the last one. Retribution however was not only worse than the last, but has sank to the Uwe Boll Level. Only difference between them two is that Anderson can still afford slightly better CGI than Uwe Boll and still have somewhat famous actors and actress who is willing to work under him.

Other than that, his movies, especially the RE series, is just going down the crapper. Each iterations is just worse than the last with no improvement or no attempts to even try to make the movie half decent. It's quit embarrassing and he should really reconsider the direction he is going in.

The way I see it is, since he has the ability to make big screen motion pictures, why not make actually good movie instead of half-ass'd product? Time, money, and talent is wasted if you asked me. it could of been so much better if he just tried...

Hmmm.... Way to kill the movie series, Mr Anderson....

Author: unclefil from Belgium
2 January 2013

Well, it seems this movie was made just to cash in as much as possible from all of us, lovers of the Resident Evil franchise (games and/or movies). After the cliffhanger of the last movie, most of me and my friends and colleagues who love a good action/horror movie were interested to see how Alice could escape the predicament that was falling upon her. If you've seen the other movies of the series, you expect a certain form of quality of this latest installment.

DO NOT WATCH IT...

Clones, clones, clones... yada yada yada... Even the action in the movie turns dull after 15 minutes in. No story, dumb action, lame clones (oh, did i already mention the clones ??).

If this ever one gets released to DVD (God forbid), don't bother until it gets into those nice sell-out baskets for one dollar or euro... and that's event stretching it !

One last thing, if you ever intend to watch the movies, do a movie marathon: if you want to feel like you've had a serious kick in the groin, make sure you watch Retribution. If you like to end the 'marathon' with a good note, SKIP Retribution !

Contains spoilers, disappointing

Author: zen11195 from London, England
19 September 2012

So what is this film about? At the end of the last film we see Alice on top of an oil tanker with a bunch of freed Umbrella experimental victims. Film opens, they all die, Alice gets captured, taken to an underground facility, which the rest of the film is about her escaping from. Sound familiar? She gets help along the way, strangely from the guy she blew up at the end of the previous film. So why go and see this film? Well for me, I needed to know how the series is going to progress. With any luck the next film will be the last, Oh and Alice gets her powers back in the last 30 seconds of the film to turn her back into the ultimate weapon to save the human race. I was hoping for resolution, or a culmination to the series with this film, not a stringing and milking of the fan base. So now I look forward to the end of this series with the next film, but they managed to string the end of Harry potter into two films, they'll probably do the same with this one! Good old Cash Cows!

I know it has it's flaws.. But i had an AMAZING and AWESOME time nonetheless!!

Author: drunken_piratez
17 September 2012

I have seen and heard many negative reviews about the latest installment of the Resident Evil series, and that Paul W.S. Anderson has ruined the Resident Evil franchise but I really have to disagree with all these critics.

Sure, the movie does have it's flaws, especially plot wise, dialogue wise etc. But I still found it to be an awesome action movie with dazzling 3-D effects, cool and exciting fight sequences and enough action to keep your heart pumping non-stop!

The opening sequence for this movie was just EPIC, especially with the music composed by Tomandandy. Being able to see the action unfold in reverse and in slow motion was just the coolest thing ever. It also introduces us to the Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil 5 game with her mind-controlling scarab in action for the first time, with her machine guns blazing. Another thing i really loved was how Alice used her coins as ammunition for the last time against one of the umbrella helicopters.

The story of how they were all racing against time to escape from the Umbrella facility reminded me of the first movie and also in some way the games, where you have a certain time limit to escape before the building you are in explodes.

Another thing i loved about the movie was the introduction of characters Ada Wong, Leon S. Kennedy and Barry Burton. I believe that Li BingBing played the role of Ada Wong rather well. Like the games, there are moments where she will exude a certain confidence, and appear tough, while at times, she would appear vulnerable, like when she gets caught.

Johann Urb also portrayed Leon well, though i would definitely hope to see him in more action, and with more dialogue (smarter ones).

Kevin Durand was an interesting take on the character Barry in my opinion. In the games, I would think of Barry as a more grumpy, rugged and older man. Whereas here you get a younger and more humorous Barry, which i thought was alright.

The final battle on the ice boasts some of the most creative and amazing fight sequences, (in amazing 3-D). This fight is also the first time where i find myself actually fearing for Alice's life (watch it and you know why) and I really enjoyed seeing her in this vulnerable state. She is human after all.

One major flaw in this movie was the dialogue. Although i do appreciate the occasional cheesy one liners, I do think there was way too many cheesy lines here. Also, i find that some of the dialogue makes it seem like the characters weren't really conversing, but rather making statements. Especially the one where Alice was talking to Leon before she heads off to rescue *someone*.

Another flaw of this movie was the discreet introduction of the Las Plagas parasite. Fans of the Resident Evil franchise would know of the parasite from the 4th game, but they should have at least dedicated some time in the movie to introduce the parasite, and explain it's origins.

Other than these little flaws, I still found the film enjoyable. I have watched it three times already and each time i left the cinema i find myself being mind blown by it.

I will definitely look forward to the next Resident Evil movie, which i am sure will happen.

Be sure to catch this movie in IMAX 3-D! Worth every penny.

Wow...

Author: rodlmayberry from LA
16 September 2012

This movie just felt like a filler footage the entire film. I have watched and enjoyed RE 1-4. This is right up there with Episode 1 of Star Wars. This movie doesn't really add anything to the series. Nothing new is revealed. I'm honestly sure that you could not watch this film in the series and go right on to the next and not miss anything. we've all seen Alice escape an Umbrella facility, we've seen clones, and i'm confused about how the red queen came back... the 30 recap was unnecessary any stupid. i can't believe I wasted time watching this. Right along with Prometheus, Hollywood continues to make films to stare at but not watch. There are so many ridiculous plot holes and cheesy lines that it's more like a Schwarzenegger flick from the 90's than anything worth putting on film today. Sci-fi fans watch Sci-fi for multiple variable that do not exist within normal drama. This didn't really quench the sci-fi thirst. Please do better next time.