IMDb > Agneepath (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Agneepath

Agneepath More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 15: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

A pathetic adaptation!

Author: Ady Hak from India
10 February 2012

A misadventure by a novice (first time director). Mr. Malhotra & Karan Johar should not have attempted, let alone make this adaptation of Amitabh Bachchans "Agneepath". Though there is no similarity than the basic storyline but the brand "Agneepath" demands the required value & expectations.

Hrithik is no match for this role. The portrayal by Amitabh Bachchan is THE VIJAY CHAVHAN. Hrithik is battered & bruised & this just does not justify the character of VIJAY CHAVAN.

The Omission of key characters of Tinnu Anand & Mithun & the absence of humor adds to the boredom.

A Real DUD!

milk and tea

Author: vipinkadavil
28 January 2012

big b has his own style and the new hero has his own , both have excelled at their own talent and yes people are different. The new hero knows he cant excel in dramatic shots , so he goes fr the core of the character, similarly big b knows he cant go to the core therefore shows a very dramatic foreplay of the character ,i would thus say none , cause both the movies are like milk and tea and i dun think anyone can have corn flakes with tea neither can u find people drinking hot milk and savor the taste .

The good, i loved the moment he meets his sister, i like the short impulse of a situation when the young hero holds the gun and a boom of the old soundtrack came in between, it was gripping the way the hero says his name when he kills the assassin, the poet recitation by new hero in the climax was well done and i enjoyed it cause it actually gives u strength and you could feel it plus the hero's sisters role was impressive.

The bad, the new hero lacks the deep sound to impress himself as a gangster. who waits for revenge, the girl business which was not necessary, the theme of the movie is changed when you hang the father. After the death of the father , the old movie fixates on the trouble the boy went through to bury his father.The mother tears off her marriage necklace in despair , none of which the new one shows , but i dunno why the new one went off its limits to produce such a gory movie, the hero saves his boss's son and then kills him again, what was that all about? when the hero says apart of the poem he has a slight non Hindi accent( after listening to how the old hero says it, the new hero could have modified his voice with a synthesizer for the part where he says the poem), the mother fails to show her true reason as to why she is angry with her son and shameful about her husband, while the old one clearly walks you through the reason why the mother is angry, the old villain lines in the old one still remains evergreen and he proves to be a superior and believable villain .

It's not Agneepath, but agni pariksha for us!!

Author: sasikanth20 from Hyderabad, India
26 January 2012

OK, firstly, I am no big fan of Amitabh's 1990 version of Agneepath, and so went to watch the movie with no expectations. But still, I walked out of the theater with a head ache. Karan Malhotra and Karan Johar, what the hell was that?? I mean, I really wonder what these guys were thinking when they started to make the movie. With this script, and the obvious comparisons to the 1990′s film, they should have known that it was an absolute disaster in the making!

Except for Sanjay Dutt, and maybe Katrina Kaif, the film stands no ground. It is a three-hour long, slow, boring movie (did I mention long??). Sanju baba is really good, but he ain't Dark Knight's Joker to save the movie. Hrithik tried really really hard to live up to Amithabh's character, but failed miserably. How can he, when he does not appear on the screen until exactly 45 minutes have passed by? And Priyanka, our irritating slum dwelling heroine makes sure that she wears designer sarees with backless blouses all the time, her pallu covering less than half of her bosom, is horrendous. The best part of the movie though is in the climax, when our Vijay Dinanath Chauhan, twice stabbed by the intimidating, bald, scary Kancha Cheena, lives long enough to avenge his father's death. I can't believe that I live in a generation where such kinda dumb and dull movies are still made.

I suggest you stay away from this movie at all costs. Instead, go buy a DVD of Amitabh's version, which though not a classic, is way way better than this version. I expect Mithunda to entertain you much more than Chikni Chameli!!

In one sentence, it's not Agneepath, but agni pariksha for us!!

For more movie review, please visit sasikanth.me

strong performance and astonishing action

Author: voldore from India, pune
26 January 2012

well, i booked my ticket in advance for the first day first show and it was full paisa wasool!! the performances are high and the action sequences are great. its different slightly from the original as its a cult + masala flick with deep character creation and marvelous storytelling. but it has 2 major drawbacks.... 1) Sunjay's role is shorter than expected and we want to see more but its kind of a little slow story. 2) the movie is a little too long. and the final clash between sanjay and Hrithik is too short and keep us wanting more, also it is not as vicious as it should be or as we expected it to be.

overall the film is really great and definitely deserve twice and thrice watch. but go without the mood of comparing this with the 1990 cult classic.

Melodrama Melodrama Melodrama! A Big Letdown!

Author: seroesh from Pakistan
29 February 2012

I was very much enthused to watch this movie, as I really enjoyed the remake of Don. Since this was a high profile cast and production, I had good hopes from it and not only that very good reviewed turned in from the ones who saw it.

I'm not a fan of watching movies in the cinema, one cannot concentrate fully because there is always some douche trying to be funny in the hall that ruins the movie, I prefer watching the movie alone, give it all my attention, especially the movies which are anticipated by the masses.

However, I see people have praised this movie a lot, but I still fail to understand why? The only good thing in the movie is KANCHA and RAUF LALA and CHIKNI CHAMELI! Other than that, seriously, it's a total letdown! A remake has to be a more modern, i.e. like Don. More like today's standards! Useless drama is so overrated. Seriously, if I still see an 90's or 80's movie of AB and it has all the drama, I'll still enjoy it! But I didn't enjoy this one, it seems the movie is dragged from the start till the end, melodrama, melodrama and melodrama! In the end, it's always fun when Big B gets beaten on and still stand up and kills the villain! But Haritik, u ain't Big B and this ain't 80-90s era! The director and the producer could have made him a mastermind rather than a Superhero, like being stabbed by a large knife twice and still ending up hanging Kancha from the tree! They might as well put the ending drama of Vijay's mom demanding him to kill Kancha whilst he's unconscious, at least that'll have some motherly superpower feel to it. loll! I'm severely disappointed and this was a very stupid and waste of the time movie.

Story lacks the reality factor

Author: ay_kash from United Kingdom
11 February 2012

The story follows the old sequence of Indian movies but failed to leave impact on the viewer.A lot of the scenes were stretched more than the demand. Most of the roles were not strong enough to hold the viewers attention and it was very predictable throughout the story line. writer tried to claim pity vote by repeating the old movie plots but there was no finishing material involved in the movie. Overall Rhitik acting was good but the role itself lacks a lot of factors to bring him in top movies of the year and Priyanka's appearance was rather below the spar and no opportunity was given to her to make it a movie to remember. Won't recommend to have high hopes and its not worth wasting your weekend on this below spar movie.

agony and kaput!

Author: saad_khi from Pakistan
5 February 2012

saw it with the hope it would be better than the copy of scarface (read previous Agneepath). but oh boy! what a drag! a run of the mill story replete with violence and the nagging thought like i am watching of those dime a dozen dubbed in Hindi south Indian movies with names reflecting the heroics or intentions of the protagonist. flawed from the start the story seems to oscillate between turn of the 20th century and wherever! considering the situations especially the flesh market, with Arab sheikhs i just couldn't figure out whether it is today's India or some place surreal or symbolic? Maandva in particular! Vijay or whatever Hrithik is no one has a covered past or where he is coming from. like Kaancha never bothered to find out about the hero's background as if he has returned from another continent! and a joke when Om Puri shows the hero's snap as a child, n on the other hand he is involved in charity work, n not a single picture of him as an adult!! is this 21st century cinema or a Prakash Mehra or Manmohan Desai fare with loopholes and fantastic drama? Sunjay's Kaancha is like Munnabhai having a nightmare about himself! and Rishi's Laala is akin to Akbar (of Amar Akbar Anthony) grown old and taking up pimping! in fact both try their best to be bad, or say scare the kids to go to sleep but appear superficial! Hrithik is like experiencing deja vu! revisiting Fiza. and for that matter instead of Priyanka (nothing note worthy) any small time actress could have done the role and maybe got a boost!

How can you not compare a remake with a original one

Author: siddiano_8 from India
26 January 2012

Though the movie is said to be The remake of Agneepath 1990.Vijay Dinanath Chauhan (Hrithik Roshan) has no fire like Amitabh Bachhan characterized Vijay Dinanath Chauhan in 1990's.Also Vijay's reality is revealed too much earlier in the remake which makes Kancha (Sanjay Dutt) aware and suspense is all over. Kali Kavde (Priyanka Chopra) acted good all the time in character. And if you are going to watch for Chikni Chameli then better just watch Video song at home. "Seriously ! When you make a remake. Peoples don't go out with a blank mind to watch the movie. It will be compared with the original one." Agneepath 1990 is the best

Agneepath a must watch.

Author: Vinil Wilson from India
28 January 2012

The film has been portrayed in the best way possible. The sound of a remake usually brings a sigh to the face of the listeners but Agneepath has proved that a remake can also lead to a major hit. All the stars from the young ones to the adult have played their roles with full efficiency and dedication. The sets and scenes cannot be done better because it was done by the master work of art Sabu Cyril. The only negative part about the movie is the bit of a drag, which later does not even seem to be a problem. The movie is a must watch as the story flows in such a way, you are glued to your seat till the end. If you get the chance don't miss it. The record breaking collection has itself proved that the movie is a certain hit.

Disappointment written all over it !!!!!

Author: Movie Buff from United States
29 January 2012

Went to see this movie with exceeding expectations. The disappointment seeped in within the first 30 minutes of the movie and stuck with me throughout. The following are my observations 1. A tribute to the cult, with not an iota of stature and character, in itself is a bold attempt that fell flat on its face. If the movie was given a different name along with different character name, yet maintaining the "Tribute" gimmick, the torture would still be palpable. This was "AGNEEPATH" without any AGNEE(FIRE) 2. The projection of "Vijay Dinanath Chauhan" was a let down for me. As a viewer neither could I feel the fire of vengeance nor did my heart weep for "Vijay". The larger than life character did not come across as the "messiah", except for once when the voice-over tells that he donates his earnings to the poor. 3. Amateurish direction at the dinner sequence at his mother's place. Too melodramatic. 4. No powerful dialogues. Original "Agneepath" was an epitome of characterization and dialog delivery that made "Vija Dinanath Chauhan" immortal. This "Vijay Dinanath Chauhan" was easily forgettable. Sanjay Dutt's repetition of Bhagwad Gita's verse was just too much. 5. Rishi Kapoor as Rauf Lala was amazing. The actor knows how to make a difference even when the scope of the role is limited. Hats off to him.Sanju Baba, amazing personality and could have done wonders, but was underutilized.