"Criminal Minds" With Friends Like These (2011)

« Prev | 132 of 212 Episodes | Next »

Are The Producers Trying to Tank CM?

Author: keltz53 from South Jersey, USA
1 April 2011

Becoming a Criminal Minds freak just last summer doesn't mean I don't appreciate the legacy of the show. I've watched every episode to date, & this one just didn't live up. There's no other way to put it: 'With Friends Like These' was predictably written, & snooze-worthy in execution.

The unsub's trio of instigators were phantoms! SURPRISE! Within less than ten minutes we knew they were products of a troubled mind, but for some reason, the writers insisted on beating these dead horses to paste, the only twist being his insomnia. Repeated glimpses of flame, water dousings & references to exorcism seemed clumsy at best. And the 'climatic' scene where Reid's image becomes wavy was actually painful to watch.

Hotch was underused to the point of irrelevance, with Rossi trotting behind. We were subjected to Morgan acting as Seaver's nanny & Reid's shrink. Do they seriously think we're buying Seaver as a valid BAU profiler because Garcia baked her cupcakes? Or that we'll relish Reid spiraling into psychosis? For crying out loud, no wonder the kid has headaches. Lighten up! Give Reid a break & bring back the starlet in the swimming pool.

Seriously, I fear the Criminal Minds team has lost its way, or perhaps, they've split their creative resources to accommodate the unworthy spin- off, which would ultimately prove fatal to both shows. In either case, someone needs to listen to the disgruntled viewers & get the train back on its track... sooner is better.