IMDb > "2 Broke Girls" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"2 Broke Girls"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"2 Broke Girls" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 16:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

I Keep Waiting for it to Get Better

Author: wahoo8888 from United States
30 October 2013

After I first saw the ads for this show, I thought it would be funny. After I saw the first few episodes, I thought it would get better. After I watched the first season, I thought Season 2 would be an improvement. Zero stars for me. This show actually has gotten worse. The acting is so bad it is often excruciating. It seems that the 2 broke girls are just reading punch lines from a cue card. And apparently the writers believe that the more off-color the joke, the funnier. And would somebody please tell the actors that talking really loud does not make this miserably written show any funnier either. I guess the network agrees with me since the shows has been downgraded to the 8:30 time slot. Next stop...Saturday night.

Laverne and Shirley with Filth

Author: qormi from United States
6 February 2012

Yeah I'm in the kitchen eating dinner sometimes and my wife has it on. I tell her to turn this crap off and she leaves it on and cusses at me. This show is pure torture. It's basically about two unattractive young women who never shut up. They exchange wisecracks for a half hour and always find an opening for some gross sexual innuendos suitable for high school freshmen. For example, one of them doesn't like a lollipop - "Last time I sucked so hard and got nothing out of it, I was dating." Also there is no pacing or timing here. Just two actresses reciting 500 lines as quickly as possible; each line punctuated by a laugh track......they never shut up. Neither one of them....please make it stop.

Good idea gone terribly bad

Author: duraflex from Ohio
25 March 2012

Life is too short to waste it watching crap like this.

The concept of two unlikely young women from very different backgrounds sharing the same minimum wage jobs and the same apartment held promise for humor and understanding. However, as the weeks have worn on, it's been all downhill.

Co-creator Whitney Cummings has a very nasty, negative streak in her outlook and she reflects that in the characters she puts on the screen.

Add to the mix a thoroughly disgusting co-worker cook in the diner where they work. Next add a new obnoxious, over-sized, oversexed loud-mouth neighbor and you've created a real mess.

The humor has turned very crude and not at all funny.

The glimmer of heart, sensitivity, subtlety and sarcasm that marked the first shows has morphed into a crude, unpleasant half hour that I will no longer watch. Too bad.

A total waste of time

Author: Jess-K
28 September 2011

I gave 2 Broke Girls two tries, and I didn't laugh once.

I found the attempts at humor to be offensive and boring. None of the characters seemed likable to me, so I couldn't trick myself into caring what happened with any of them.

The character of Max comes off like a bully, and the character Caroline comes off as a doormat. It's hard to care much about a relationship like this one, and it made me root against them, not for them. It's not even a good 'frenemy' dynamic, as Caroline is dependent on Max and Max seems happy to exploit this. If this kind of abusive situation is supposed to be funny, this is news to me. I believe this show is a complete waste of time.

on the good side of mediocre...

Author: elizabetmulder from United States
4 March 2012

It's not bad... It's not good. It's exactly what it needs to be. Very okay.

Lots of sex jokes, sometimes cheesy, sometimes raunchy but most of the times enjoyable. The actresses that play the lead roles are perfectly cast. Especially Kat Dennings, who, even with material that isn't always up to par, lights up the screen with her wonderful, sensual, charismatic, yet sometimes almost painfully sarcastic and bitter sense of humor.

I don't know. I've watched a lot of episodes of season one, and somehow I just keep watching whenever I need some harmless, simple humor. I think that this show completely proves that good leads really can carry a show and capture an audience. It's just a sweet concept, literally, with the cupcakes and all, and it's a warm show, made with some love and fun. I'm not impressed by it but I like it. At the moment it's the only comedy show I watch. Much better than a lot of other crap out there. Maybe not as good a some shows, like modern family and community or 30 rock. It's not brilliant in any way, it's not new and original in any way, but you really feel for the characters, maybe not right away but after a few episodes you start appreciate them.

This sounds like such a "meh..." review, but it's really not. Beth Behrs, who I really haven't seen in anything else, portrays the part of the naive rich girl who just landed in the gutter just fine and endearing. It's a joy to see Jennifer Coolidge working again, she's just wonderful in portraying "over the top" characters, sometimes I almost feel ashamed that a movie and TV fanatic like me likes her, but hey, everybody has their guilty pleasures. At the moment 2 broke girls is mine. When I don't want to think and just want to watch something fun.

Plus, I really dig the fact that this show is not shy about the sex jokes and sometimes gets really rude. Don't we all sometimes?

Urgh, turn off the TV and RUN!!

Author: Donna Huang from Australia
25 April 2012

Gosh, what a horrible show. I only watched about 5 minutes of it before I got mad and shut it off. However, 5 minutes was enough to give me an idea of how horrible this show is.

2 Broke Girls is NOT funny! The jokes are very raunchy, and that gets tiring fast. The laugh track is horrendous, and is thrown in your face every time someone says something.

The characters were unlikeable and annoying. In the few minutes I watched this, the brown haired girl got mad at a customer who hesitated for 5 seconds while ordering a meal, and then proceeds to start clicking her fingers in his face, and then trying to sass him for it. Calm the heck down! Not funny at all.

1/10 stars. Don't even bother.

Hooked!

Author: keziahspafa from Canada
13 December 2011

At first I didn't think this show would be good. I saw advisements about the show, I heard about it on the radio and I even read summarys about this show. None of them convinced me to watch it. One day, there was nothing on the television except for the pilot of 2 broke girls, so I decided to give it a shot. After watching the pilot, I was hooked! It is such a funny show! The jokes are funny, and easy to understand, so that you aren't watching wondering why the audio audience is laughing. Also, I love how the show is realistic. The show is about two girls, one lives in Brooklyn and has two jobs to survive, one as a waitress as a dinner and another is a nanny for a wealthy family. The other girl is a spoiled rich girl who lost all her money due to her fathers schemes. I love how the show is about how upper class meets lower class, it makes the show comedic and is a new perspective of society

2 broke girls - with Kat Dennings (comedy)

Author: helena-ricci
4 December 2011

I've seen all of the episodes that are out to date, and from the first episode I knew this was a show for me! I mean, the plot is not supposed to be plausible, it's supposed to be comedy, and a feel good show, and that's exactly what it is, with a little cynical twist added from Kat Dennings. Kat Dennings run the show, and she is the main reason I follow this series. For people who like Kat Dennings kind of humor, this is a show for you, where she gets to play a little more freely with her puns than she has been able to do previously in movies and other shows. I love it!It might not be a very popular show, like Glee or all these other vampire shows that people are into now, but that's why I like it, it's plain and simple, back to old school stories of the rich and the poor, but I'm not gonna be surprised if this is one of those shows that aren't gonna be around for long since it's not main stream popular. It's a shame if it wont last.

Awful...

Author: beege2006 from United States
10 March 2014

When I first learned of the show, I was excited to see it. I watched one episode and thought... this will be canceled mid season. I can't believe it's still running to tell you the truth. The acting is so bad, it's painful to watch. Each 'punchline' is set up so poorly, you are already cringing before it's said. Even the exits and entrances onto or off the set are forced. It's like watching an audition at an amateur acting studio.

It's a shame considering the concept is decent, however not only does the acting fall short, so does the direction. The crudeness behind some of the dialect could actually be funny if delivered correctly and without so much force behind it to be funny. After each quip you almost expect to hear a drum line in the back... "BA DA BOM!"

Worst show to hit the screen in years by far.

quite entertaining..

Author: from Serbia and Montenegro
8 December 2013

OK, firstly i have to say i didn't expect anything from this show but i've found myself watching it every night before i fall asleep, IT'S NOT BORING it just suits me to go in a bed with a smile.

Max is definitely my favorite, her humor is really great, she has last word on everything, she can talk back with everyone, make fun on anyone. Caroline has her own way of getting to your skin, ex rich girl that gives her best to stay on her feet, but even though she accepted the fate she still has kinks from old life and that show's up in a funny way in the show.

All characters from the show are good in their own way Oleg with his sexist comments, Han with forever kid problems, Earl cool old guy.. And now we come to Sophie the reason i decided to write a review, i guess Sophie was good to Max and Caroline and helped them out, but as a character i don't find her necessary, her humor is not that good, i don't understand why every time she walks in all crowd sounds go wild. I don't have anything personal against Jennifer Coolidge - Stifler's mom... but when i watch the show every character makes me laugh except her.. my personal opinion..

Also i think they should have kept Ryan Hansen in the show Max and he were great in comedy...

I still give the show 7/10 cause i still enjoy it,