IMDb > "2 Broke Girls" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 25:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

I Keep Waiting for it to Get Better

Author: wahoo8888 from United States
30 October 2013

After I first saw the ads for this show, I thought it would be funny. After I saw the first few episodes, I thought it would get better. After I watched the first season, I thought Season 2 would be an improvement. Zero stars for me. This show actually has gotten worse. The acting is so bad it is often excruciating. It seems that the 2 broke girls are just reading punch lines from a cue card. And apparently the writers believe that the more off-color the joke, the funnier. And would somebody please tell the actors that talking really loud does not make this miserably written show any funnier either. I guess the network agrees with me since the shows has been downgraded to the 8:30 time slot. Next stop...Saturday night.

Good idea gone terribly bad

Author: duraflex from Ohio
25 March 2012

Life is too short to waste it watching crap like this.

The concept of two unlikely young women from very different backgrounds sharing the same minimum wage jobs and the same apartment held promise for humor and understanding. However, as the weeks have worn on, it's been all downhill.

Co-creator Whitney Cummings has a very nasty, negative streak in her outlook and she reflects that in the characters she puts on the screen.

Add to the mix a thoroughly disgusting co-worker cook in the diner where they work. Next add a new obnoxious, over-sized, oversexed loud-mouth neighbor and you've created a real mess.

The humor has turned very crude and not at all funny.

The glimmer of heart, sensitivity, subtlety and sarcasm that marked the first shows has morphed into a crude, unpleasant half hour that I will no longer watch. Too bad.

A total waste of time

Author: Jess-K
28 September 2011

I gave 2 Broke Girls two tries, and I didn't laugh once.

I found the attempts at humor to be offensive and boring. None of the characters seemed likable to me, so I couldn't trick myself into caring what happened with any of them.

The character of Max comes off like a bully, and the character Caroline comes off as a doormat. It's hard to care much about a relationship like this one, and it made me root against them, not for them. It's not even a good 'frenemy' dynamic, as Caroline is dependent on Max and Max seems happy to exploit this. If this kind of abusive situation is supposed to be funny, this is news to me. I believe this show is a complete waste of time.

Awful...

Author: beege2006 from United States
10 March 2014

When I first learned of the show, I was excited to see it. I watched one episode and thought... this will be canceled mid season. I can't believe it's still running to tell you the truth. The acting is so bad, it's painful to watch. Each 'punchline' is set up so poorly, you are already cringing before it's said. Even the exits and entrances onto or off the set are forced. It's like watching an audition at an amateur acting studio.

It's a shame considering the concept is decent, however not only does the acting fall short, so does the direction. The crudeness behind some of the dialect could actually be funny if delivered correctly and without so much force behind it to be funny. After each quip you almost expect to hear a drum line in the back... "BA DA BOM!"

Worst show to hit the screen in years by far.

Awful awful show

Author: Leah K from Canada
28 April 2015

One of the worst "sitcoms" I've ever seen in my life. I've never been compelled to write a review on a television show but with something this awful, I had to. The writers must have thought to themselves "hey, let's create as many annoying characters as we can and cram them all into one show."

Where to even start with the characters? Not one of them can act and have the most painfully awful delivery for every punchline. Everything seems forced, and the lines are recited in loud obnoxious voices that I guess is supposed to make the jokes more funny (it doesn't.)

The characters that are supposed to be immigrants all have terribly unconvincing accents.

Most of the dialogue in the script is just one rapid fire unfunny predictable punchline after another. 90% of the jokes are overly sexual in a way only middle school boys would find funny. And if they're not sexual, it's some joke based on racial stereotypes or a very obvious pop-culture reference.

Kat Dennings character "Max" only speaks in lame comebacks, delivered in her obnoxiously loud nasal voice. Her "I'm so edgy and too cool for school and had a terrible upbringing" act gets old really fast, especially when she mentions it every five seconds. Does this chick ever talk about anything but herself? Not only that but her and her co-star are downright rude and mean-spirited to every customer that comes in the diner. Someone can't order a water without Max or Caroline making some unnecessary rude comment and glaring at them until they leave. Is that supposed to make these characters likable?

And then there's Jennifer Coolidge who gets a cheer from the "audience" every time she enters a scene. And why? Because she's the only semi-famous actress they could convince to be on this awful show? I still have trouble understanding that one.

How this show has been on the air for FOUR YEARS is beyond me.

Urgh, turn off the TV and RUN!!

Author: Donna Huang from Australia
25 April 2012

Gosh, what a horrible show. I only watched about 5 minutes of it before I got mad and shut it off. However, 5 minutes was enough to give me an idea of how horrible this show is.

2 Broke Girls is NOT funny! The jokes are very raunchy, and that gets tiring fast. The laugh track is horrendous, and is thrown in your face every time someone says something.

The characters were unlikeable and annoying. In the few minutes I watched this, the brown haired girl got mad at a customer who hesitated for 5 seconds while ordering a meal, and then proceeds to start clicking her fingers in his face, and then trying to sass him for it. Calm the heck down! Not funny at all.

1/10 stars. Don't even bother.

Still haven't laughed once

Author: blastergv from United States
11 February 2014

I honestly have only seen a handful of episodes so if this is a show that is mainly plot driven, I may have missed it (i sincerely doubt it). Here are a few observations about what the writers/producers of the show think: raunchy = automatically funny, saying raunchy jokes louder make them automatically funny, delivering cue-card punchlines in an 80's fashion is still funny. I hear the "punchlines" and the laugh track and constantly find myself saying "was that supposed to be the punchline?". I like every brand of humor and am extremely easy to please in the humor department, and this show is completely unfunny. I really like Kat Dennings too and was hopeful for this show, but there are only 4 reasons this show is somehow still around: each girl has two of them. If you see any 9 or 10 star ratings anywhere, completely ignore them... they were written by marketers.

Absolutely Awful

Author: simonw70
22 September 2015

Watching 2 Broke Girls or having your brain eaten by zombies... as I sit here forced to watch it, I am wondering which would be worse. There is no dialog as such, just a series of lame punchlines that come every 5 to 10 seconds. All that's missing is a cheesy drumroll, but that would tirn the entire program into a drum solo. The delivery and acting is so bad that your average elementary school nativity play has more talent on offer. The canned laughter punctuates the mindless rhythm of the inane witterings as it drones on and on and on and on and on... It's simply the worst thing I have ever witnessed ever at any time in any country in my life. That anyone could like this in any way is mind boggling.

went from OK to bad to worse

Author: loveminuszero000 from United States
25 January 2014

I admit, I watched the first season of this pretty regularly and it wasn't so bad at first. Yes, the constant punchlines did annoy me even then but at least there was enough real story to let that go. I think I maybe caught of few episodes of the second season because there was something better on in that time slot on another channel. I went to watch it this season and had to change the channel because my eleven year old daughter was in the room. I think I watched about 15 minutes of it and noticed that the script had become nothing but never ending punchlines with extremely dirty and degrading jokes. There was none of the heart that the first season had, which kept me watching it then. I feel bad for the actresses because they seem to be uncomfortable delivering the non-stop joke-book jokes. It seems to me that this is the writers' first attempt at a sitcom. Sitcom stands for "situation" comedy. That means that the comedy is supposed to be derived from situations. LOL. You can't just cram a bunch of one-liners in a show and call it a sitcom. The sad thing is, some of the jokes might be funny if they stretched them out and added some real dialogue in between. The raunchiness has gotten completely out of control as well and I am seriously sick of the poor people stereotypes. The character of Max is always like "I'm poor so I'm a goo guzzling back alley whore". All her jokes seem to point to that. It's quite degrading to women and it's a very bad stereotype that they seemed to pull out of nowhere. I will never watch this show again. I'd rather stare at a blank wall for 30 minutes.

Way way way downhill....

Author: aaamullins from United States
4 May 2015

At first I really liked this show! I don't really care for Whitney Cummings brand of comedy-I had to watch it without my kids around-but I found it quite funny! Now I find it hard to watch and have made the decision to finish out the season and then I'm done (I think only one more episode! ) Every single line is forced & every single line is an analogy/comparison! The characters are flat as well as the comedy! A comment was made about the actors look like they are reading from cue cards and I 100% agree! The lines usually have nothing to do with nothing! The story line has hit a dead end! It feels like it just has no where left to go! I gave it a whole hearted try but this show has run it's comedy course with me!

Page 1 of 25:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]