IMDb > "Unforgettable" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Unforgettable"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Unforgettable" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

What's Wrong with You People???

Author: brent_a_graham from United States
13 November 2011

How is it a fantastic show like "Unforgettable", that improves every week with wonderful character development, and a superb lead actress (Poppy Montgomery as Carrie Wells) fails to stimulate the US viewer? Yet ridiculous shows like "Amazing Race" or "Survivor" drone on year after year. I just don't get it.

Oh, wait... I *do* get it. Most viewers are not interested in any show that demands a bit of thinking. Hence the disappearance of such gems as "Life", "Dollhouse", "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip", just to name a few.

This imaginative show is quite reminiscent of "Monk", with a lead character who has a special ability - "a gift AND a curse" - and a cast of supporting characters who have to figure out their roles.

Dive in to this delicious soufflé - you'll love it!

Unforgettable

Author: ldddhunter from United States
21 September 2011

I actually really really loved the concept of this show and am a huge fan of Poppy -- she is perfect for the part. I like how she has this out of body experience (which it really isn't). It just shows you how she puts her theory together by using her fantastic flawless memory - I will continue watching this show - CBS needs to give this show a chance bc its totally different from any other detective series. I also like her backstory about her sister Rachael - it shows how vulnerable Carrie's character is and why she is not anxious becoming a detective again. But, w/her abilities of course she would help out a lot. I also like the whole cast, Dylan Walsh is perfect as her ex boyfriend/partner -- ppl need to give this show a chance and not give up so easily, bc it will progress and become even more interesting.

AWESOME new show!

Author: LoveMyTwoFerrets from United States
27 September 2011

I totally love everything about this show ... the concept is fantastic and actually believable! All of the actors are superb, particularly Poppy Montgomery, Michael Gaston and Dylan Walsh! Also, the skepticism shown by team members Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya are absolutely perfect!

In a lot of ways, Carrie is the female version of Patrick Jane from The Mentalist. I love the strength and vulnerability displayed by Carrie and Patrick Jane. Jane's wife and child were murdered by Red John and Patrick feels responsible because he taunted Red John on television. With Carrie, the murder of her big sister, Rachel, when they were children, was a traumatic event that is compounded by the fact that Carrie she can't remember specific details of Rachel's murder and it remains unsolved. It haunts Carrie as an adult because it's the ONLY thing in her entire life that she CAN'T remember! Carrie's childhood experiences with cops and shrinks investigating Rachel's murder, make her a better cop as she is more aware of the trauma being experienced by both victims and witnesses alike.

Good writing, good acting and good time slot are all high praise to CBS! I just hope they will give Unforgettable a fair chance to develop a strong following. Having Poppy Montgomery with her Criminal Minds fan base and Michael Gaston with his Mentalist fan base are an added bonus for the show. Having the show follow solid shows like NCIS and NCIS: LA make Unforgettable's ratings almost a guarantee.

Thanks, CBS! Tuesday night totally belongs to you!

Another OK Police Show with a Twist

Author: nowego from Australia
24 September 2011

I am a fan of The Listener so another show with similarities is fine by me, I am not sure what the other reviewers were watching but it could not have been the same show as I watched. The one I watched was quite good and I really liked Poppy Montgomery and Dylan Walsh. I can not recall any other shows that Poppy Montgomery has been in but I liked Dylan Walsh in one of my favourite movies, The Lake House.

Poppy Montgomery plays a former Siracusa police detective named Carrie Wells, who suffers from hyperthymesia, a rare medical condition that gives her the ability to remember everything she sees and hears, only a very small number of people in the world have been documented as suffering from it. Her neighbour is murdered and as part of the investigation, her former boyfriend and one-time partner discovers she is a witness and asks her to join his homicide unit to help solve the case.

By day she is a volunteer at a aged care facility and by night she plays blackjack to support herself.

During the show with repeated flashbacks we start to discover that her sister was murdered and that she is still trying to find out who murdered her.

I thought the pilot was quite good and not being from the USA I did not care that the accents were not genuine as some of the other reviewers have complained about.

I recommend it to anyone wanting to watch another police show with a few special abilities thrown in.

I gave it an 8 and will continue to watch it until it is canceled like so many other good shows these days.

I really like it

Author: Sharon Krawczyk (Sharbysy) from Buffalo NY
7 October 2011

I decided to record this show because I liked Poppy Montgomery when she was in Without a Trace. I wasn't sure how the concept of this show would play out and if it would be interesting to watch, but I was not disappointed. The pilot had me hooked right away. It was filled with suspense and kept me interested through the whole episode.

I couldn't wait to see the 2nd episode. I really enjoyed the 2nd episode too and the twist that was added as far as character development.

This show has great potential and I hope it stays on the air and continues to be good. The chemistry between the two leads is very strong. I can't wait to see more.

Refreshing change to reality TV

Author: patreiche from Dayton, OH
2 November 2011

The other reviews criticizing her total recall, but yet taking time to recall something relevant to the case are bogus. She obviously needs to be stimulated or have some pertinence to recall the memory. The fact that she should not see herself in the memories maybe valid but a sorry reason to dismiss the show. If someone has a special gift, who is to say exactly how this gift works. I enjoy trying to figure out the cases and stimulating my mind versus watching mindless reality television. It is not the best new show out there but it is definitely worth watching. I would compare it to Monk which an extremely popular show. The only part that I do not like about this show and many of the new shows is the darkness used in shooting scenes. I do not understand the need for so much darkness and on the new televisions you can hardly see the dark scenes.

The show is very refreshing change to reality television.

enjoyed this

Author: gareth-91 from United Kingdom
22 January 2012

Have just seen episode 2 here in the UK. I enjoyed this, a gutsy woman trusts in herself. I can see it's quite new as the actors aren't settled into the characters yet. But it's also someone who has had a trauma, so she's been there. Worth a lot more than all sorts of paper qualifications. There will have to be other things introduced into it, or just the memory thing could get a bit boring. But I find what's more interesting than the total visual recall thing is her attitude of ,'I play by my rules", this girl is not going to kiss ass. Whew, what a relief. So, if there could be some more nice complex plots that slowly let us get to know Carrie and the other characters that would be great. I love in Bones how it took so long for people to get to know each other - it felt real.

One of the best series around

Author: maria joao from Portugal
5 July 2012

Do you know those shows that just keep getting better? The more you watch, the more you can't stop watching. Poppy's acting skills are breathtaking, and it's so believable, really. By reading the synopsis, you might think this show is some cliché where the main character remembers everything and is some kind of superhero. No. People like her do exist in this world, and that's what makes it amazing. The characters are amazing, well-thought and well-played by the actors. The teamwork displayed throughout the series is really amazing and the way they get to amazing conclusions simply by discussing their points of view and discoveries is fantastic and believable, and their thoughts are easy to follow. All in all, this is an amazing show and you're missing out if you haven't watched it yet. WARNING: Ridiculously addictive.

Great show but...

Author: Alexander Krondiras from United Kingdom
24 January 2012

...there are some mistakes which I cannot ignore. The way she thinks back to use her flawless memory is one. How can you have an out of body 3 dimensional experience when all you could see where things in front of you? They should just stuck to the POV (point of view) recollection of hers rather than Carrie seeing herself from the side as if she's watching the show. Also I'm on the 4th episode now and a character who was involved in the case in the 3rd episode just walked in and Carrie is asking who he is!

Anyway I do like the characters, the police part of it as well as how she deals with her "gift" like people did in the first season of Heroes: Her normal life is heavily impacted no matter how much of a help she is as a detective or a witness to crime scenes.

Sack the person in charge of continuity and make sure things are not over-simplified (the lack of POV view etc) just so it can appeal to people with a lower IQ :P

Great show it better be renewed

Author: Albertina-132-952021 from United States
12 May 2012

Great show people!!! if you read my review, just watch one show and you will get hooked. Is an amazing police show different from all others . I love Poppy Mongomery I watched her in Without a trace and was very happy to find out she was going to be the main actress in Unforgettable.

I like the chemistry between Carry and detective Al Burns. I hope we can see more of that relationship soon. It is interesting how Carrie uses her ability to remember everything to solve crimes. The writing is great and the whole cast works great together.

I hope that they renew this wonderful show as it is a refreshing difference from all other police shows. CBS should keep the show and put some heat by taking advantage on the chemistry between Carry and detective burns Lots of potential for this show Ireally hope to see a second season.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]