A team of professional ghost finders are trapped in an old village hall. The haunting they set out to investigate turns out to be far worse than they anticipated. Who will survive and what will be left of their souls?
On April 30, 2010, six reality television show contestants spent seven nights in an abandoned and haunted asylum. The show never aired but an editor for the network was able to piece ... See full summary »
A group of friends head off for a secluded getaway and encounter more than they bargained for. 'Nothing good happens at this lake' warns Ol' Mr. McAvoy to a group of unsuspecting campers ... See full summary »
This film tells the horrifying story of the cast and crew of a new reality TV show investigating the paranormal. When the team is denied access to the Ettersburg hospital, they decide to ... See full summary »
The Spirit Stalkers reality show, once a big hit, faces cancellation without a ratings boost, which leads the investigative team to Gloria Talman, whose house is rampant with unexplained ghostly activity.
Juliet Corman, instructor for a survival training company invites her sister Holly along to the first course in a new centre in Kent woodland, unaware that waiting for them is a killer ... See full summary »
vis-i-tant; n: A VISITOR, esp. one from the spirit world... Samantha plays the role of "Fortune Teller," but she is a thorough skeptic about "paranormal activities" and all things ... See full summary »
Based on H P Lovecraft's tale, "The Shunned House," presents the stories of three people who all died within the confines of the dark and isolated chateau. Each story is taken from a ... See full summary »
Hoping to find proof of the paranormal, five film students set out to document the legendary Copper Queen Hospital. But as the sun goes down, they experience something far worse than they ... See full summary »
Okay folks; I like a good cheesy, low budget horror (for its comedic value, usually)... but this was just unwatchable. I mean honest to god, head-shaking disbelief level unwatchable. I'll list the key points for you (which I'm sure will overlap with those of the other reviewer).
1. I've seen wooden blocks and tree stumps with better acting ability than the schlubs in this movie. The pauses between the dialogues of the different characters makes it feel as though they're either trying to recall their lines, or are waiting for someone off camera to cue them to speak. Either way, it makes for terrible viewing.
2. The plot could be good ... but what they've done to it in creating this 'movie' (and I use that term loosely!) means that it turned into a train wreck of poorly written dialogue and seemingly unrelated concepts that don't bind into a coherent storyline.
3. The musical score is random and at times overwhelms the visuals and changes the mood - and not for the better.
4. The characters are basically unlikable, partly due to inadequate character development but also because they come across as emotionless robots who occasionally try to fake emotion and do it very badly. Generally emotions are accompanied by appropriate facial expressions and body language - something noticeably absent here.
5. The ending is.... Blah. Just blah. Mind you, after sitting through the rest of the movie, this should come as no surprise to anyone.
So there you have it. It's a big pile of bland, steaming ooze that doesn't bear watching for longer than 5 - 10 minutes at the most, and that's really only if you got distracted by something else and forgot to turn it off. Be aware that if you do sit through it, you'll be left with the profound regret that you'll never get that time back.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?