Three friends looking for a night of fun decide to stay in a supposedly haunted house. Several days later Candace finds herself in the midst of strange happenings. When she calls on her friend for help, it's up to her to seek the answers.
Kathy Sue Holtorf,
Based on H P Lovecraft's tale, "The Shunned House," presents the stories of three people who all died within the confines of the dark and isolated chateau. Each story is taken from a ... See full summary »
On April 30, 2010, six reality television show contestants spent seven nights in an abandoned and haunted asylum. The show never aired but an editor for the network was able to piece ... See full summary »
vis-i-tant; n: A VISITOR, esp. one from the spirit world... Samantha plays the role of "Fortune Teller," but she is a thorough skeptic about "paranormal activities" and all things ... See full summary »
A group of friends get together for a 25th birthday party at a remote house in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. After someone goes missing and the police search the premises to no avail, the ... See full summary »
When the Callahans set off for a peaceful family vacation in the mountains they never expected their personal demons to follow them. The children discover a paranormal presence in the ... See full summary »
Sean Patrick Flaherty,
Joseph Anthony Jette,
An unknown man makes his way into a quiet neighborhood bringing nothing but torture and pain along side him. The police are on the hunt for someone with no identity, the only evidence of ... See full summary »
Okay folks; I like a good cheesy, low budget horror (for its comedic value, usually)... but this was just unwatchable. I mean honest to god, head-shaking disbelief level unwatchable. I'll list the key points for you (which I'm sure will overlap with those of the other reviewer).
1. I've seen wooden blocks and tree stumps with better acting ability than the schlubs in this movie. The pauses between the dialogues of the different characters makes it feel as though they're either trying to recall their lines, or are waiting for someone off camera to cue them to speak. Either way, it makes for terrible viewing.
2. The plot could be good ... but what they've done to it in creating this 'movie' (and I use that term loosely!) means that it turned into a train wreck of poorly written dialogue and seemingly unrelated concepts that don't bind into a coherent storyline.
3. The musical score is random and at times overwhelms the visuals and changes the mood - and not for the better.
4. The characters are basically unlikable, partly due to inadequate character development but also because they come across as emotionless robots who occasionally try to fake emotion and do it very badly. Generally emotions are accompanied by appropriate facial expressions and body language - something noticeably absent here.
5. The ending is.... Blah. Just blah. Mind you, after sitting through the rest of the movie, this should come as no surprise to anyone.
So there you have it. It's a big pile of bland, steaming ooze that doesn't bear watching for longer than 5 - 10 minutes at the most, and that's really only if you got distracted by something else and forgot to turn it off. Be aware that if you do sit through it, you'll be left with the profound regret that you'll never get that time back.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?