A Documentary crew entered an asylum to shoot a documentary on the place on Halloween night 2004. Several mysterious things occurred throughout the night leading up to a missing crew member the following morning.
For 15 years the large estate of Samuel Arnold has stood silent and empty. But like a midwinter's breeze, in the lonely hours of the night, something stirs in both the dreams and reality, ... See full summary »
A group of amateur ghost hunters go missing as they journey into the bowels of an abandon Insane Asylum in a search for evidence of the 'Lady in White' said to haunt the grounds. The only ... See full summary »
Based on H P Lovecraft's tale, "The Shunned House," presents the stories of three people who all died within the confines of the dark and isolated chateau. Each story is taken from a ... See full summary »
A group of ghost hunters must up their game to compete in the competitive world of paranormal TV shows, leading them to a truly haunted prison with a grisly past that proves to be more than they bargained for.
The story revolves around an ethologist working in the remote woods, trapping animals and mounting cameras on them so that he can monitor their behavior remotely. The resulting recordings ... See full summary »
Okay folks; I like a good cheesy, low budget horror (for its comedic value, usually)... but this was just unwatchable. I mean honest to god, head-shaking disbelief level unwatchable. I'll list the key points for you (which I'm sure will overlap with those of the other reviewer).
1. I've seen wooden blocks and tree stumps with better acting ability than the schlubs in this movie. The pauses between the dialogues of the different characters makes it feel as though they're either trying to recall their lines, or are waiting for someone off camera to cue them to speak. Either way, it makes for terrible viewing.
2. The plot could be good ... but what they've done to it in creating this 'movie' (and I use that term loosely!) means that it turned into a train wreck of poorly written dialogue and seemingly unrelated concepts that don't bind into a coherent storyline.
3. The musical score is random and at times overwhelms the visuals and changes the mood - and not for the better.
4. The characters are basically unlikable, partly due to inadequate character development but also because they come across as emotionless robots who occasionally try to fake emotion and do it very badly. Generally emotions are accompanied by appropriate facial expressions and body language - something noticeably absent here.
5. The ending is.... Blah. Just blah. Mind you, after sitting through the rest of the movie, this should come as no surprise to anyone.
So there you have it. It's a big pile of bland, steaming ooze that doesn't bear watching for longer than 5 - 10 minutes at the most, and that's really only if you got distracted by something else and forgot to turn it off. Be aware that if you do sit through it, you'll be left with the profound regret that you'll never get that time back.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?