IMDb > "Revenge" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Revenge"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Revenge" More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 13: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

A good series with a great ending

Author: AaronMendozaJr
26 November 2015

Revenge started off as a fun and entertaining ride driven by a woman's vengeance. It was a little clichéd and campy, but it was still very entertaining. Then the awful season 2 came and it almost ruined the show completely. Instead of Emily taking people down, she was too busy picking out her clothes. It was a really bad season. Season 3 was a step up from the last season thanks to their decision of firing the creator. Instead of boring long conversations, we got more action and more of a clear path for the characters. Season 3 practically ended it all, so I was confused as to why they brought it back for another season. But Season 4 proved to be one of the best seasons. It was better than both Season 2 and 3. It ended the series appropriately and it was really hard to see it go. All in all, Revenge is addictive soap opera and a lot of fun to watch.

BEST Season 1 Season 4 Season 3 Season 2 WORST

Revenge Delivered In The Most Excellent Way

Author: gbrady68 from Scotland
23 May 2015

I saw the trailer for this and thought I would record it and see what it was like. I only started watching the 1st Season when I had 13 episodes recorded. The day I pressed play on episode 1 became a Revenge marathon, I couldn't switch off. The twist's and turns pushing that need within you to keep going back for more time and time again.

Credit to Mike Kelley for the creation of one of the best Drama/Thrillers I've ever had the pleasure and insistent need to watch. I would most certainly re-run it a few times.

I feel bereft that after 4 Seasons this (I think) has come to an end, but I guess all "Revenge" has a time limit until you reach your destination.

**AAA** rating this is a must watch from beginning to end.

Hard to watch

Author: deanop from United States
8 February 2015

This show used to flow and was easy to watch. Around Season 3 it became a chore to watch the over exaggerated acting of each episode. It got to the point where I couldn't wait till the episode was over so I could watch something else. It's really rather sad because the thing is, I really enjoyed the first 2 Seasons and I wanted to keep liking it, but when a show becomes unbearable to watch then it's time to move on. Everything seems forced and there's been ample time for each character to kill each other a hundred times already, but yet the show drags on. Seems like everybody was against Victoria, but yet she still goes on. I won't be going on, I've had enough.

My Favourite TV Show

Author: Hazem Abu Hejleh from Kuwait
28 October 2014

Hi, this show is my favorite TV show of all time.

I am not used to watch English speaking shows but after watching revenge I changed my whole idea.

I know a lot of fans of it here in Arabic world.

Emily Vancamp & Madeline Stowwe are doing a very great job.

All girls and guys are chosen carefully, all good looking with good acting.

I really will miss it after its ending.

I will keep following Emily van camp and Madeline Stowe in their new shows and movies.

Thanks for all people who made this masterpiece.

I hope to see the same cast do something with same quality in the future.

Revenge is a dish best served cold!!

Author: theoelim
12 October 2014

How true! I'm not into drama much. I even skip drama shows. But I wanted to see the pilot for a long time after reading the plot. So I gave it a go and man i was thrilled on watching. Though the first episode was not that much enlightening and left me a little confused it did give an idea of whats to come and the following episodes did keep the pace. I'm so hooked in to this show. The lead role by Emily is very good. Not that i'v not fallen for her devilish beautiful looks but she does show some dark side of her's at times and its interesting. Nolan...I love his character. Every new character that gets introduced has something to offer which keeps the story not stand just on one plot REVENGE. The cat and mouse chase between Ems and Victoria is so fun to watch. I'm lucky that i got to watch the whole 3 seasons just in about 10 days. Yeah its that addicting. I'm happy that I saw Revenge finally. Better late than never right?

Is jack getting on anybody else's nerves?

Author: carmenblack8 from United States
9 October 2013

When he told Emily finish by the end of summer or he's gonna tell everyone i just wanted to punch him in the face.

His character is so annoying OMG.

I hope the writers don't still think we want her with jack heck no.

And hes mad Amanda died but she chose to stay there Emily tried to pay her off she's not as innocent as he thinks.

I feel bad for him and the baby but can't they right his character off and let him n his kid move.

Like let EMily be n do her revenge.

tell me what you think

all opinions welcomed

thanks

"Revenge: The Complete First Season" shows off complex must-see TV show

Author: ersinkdotcom from United States
12 September 2012

I review movies, comics, and work at a movie and music store. This leaves very little time for me to spend watching senseless television like reality series (except "Gene Simmons Family Jewels"), court room dramas, detective thrillers, and mindless sitcoms. I must choose carefully what I devote precious hours of my life to. ABC's "Revenge" is high on my must-see list every week when it's in season.

Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) returns to the Hamptons after spending several years in juvenile detention. As soon as she arrives, Emily sets out on a mission to exact sweet revenge on those who tore her family apart. She'll stop at nothing to expose the people who framed her father for a crime he didn't commit. Her biggest target is the powerfully rich queen of the Hamptons, Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe) and her husband (Henry Czerny).

"Revenge" is one of those shows you watch and when it's over groan and wish it could be two longer. I can never get enough of it. Just when you think you have something figured out writers go and change all the rules of the game again.

The best way to describe the show is as "The Punisher" meets "La Femme Nikita." Emily Thorne isn't a government agent, but she's just as resourceful and ingenious. After the first episode, you find yourself wiping the sweat off your forehead in relief that you'll never have a chance to cross her. She wants retribution for the death of her father. Anyone who was involved is going to suffer horribly.

Just dumb

Author: przedecki from Georgia
19 March 2015

Who is writing this stuff? They have jumped the Shark! It use to be a fabulous mystery and with an edge to it. Now it is cheesy and soapy, just down right dumb! Out of the blue comes Natalie Waters - really - for what purpose. There was no reason for her part in the show. The French girl is way out there - almost laughable when she try's to be bad. The dumb Nolan's girlfriend's character could be OK if they used her right but it is so predictable what is going to happen with the death of her brother, they will find the tape on him and Nolan will be blamed for it blah blah blah same old same old. Ben is just not the right guy for Emily and good grief will you make Jack seem like he's got a spine, he is constantly doing something stupid. What happened to the daughter of Victoria - all of sudden she's just gone - weird. I cannot watch this show anymore - it is just too stupid.

7 Stars for the First Season 3 Stars for the Rest

Author: Cliff from Canada
15 January 2015

The first season was Great. Tightly written, good drama and excellent characters... but then came Season Two. It was horrible, but I was brave and soldered on. Season Three... oh what can you say about that mess. But I soldered on... But now half way through Season Four... I finally give up. The story lines have spun out of control. None of these people are characters any more. Now they are just caricatures. And it just gets worse and worse. Victoria Grayson is the biggest caricature. She is more evil that all of the Disney Villains combined... I'm just waiting for the maniacal laugh at the end of each of her scenes. Revenge you have WON!!!! I give up!

A compelling saga of intrigue and often good dialogue

Author: simondclinch-1 from United Kingdom
29 April 2014

There is a lot I like about this series. In the first place it doesn't indulge in unrealistic sci-fi or fantasy apart from some hacking that is achieved too quickly - e.g. one or two keystrokes from idea to done. If only it were that simple! In addition, Victoria's detection of goings on at the beach house seem unreasonably selective given that it is literally under her nose. Nevertheless it is still fundamentally a good plot with good dialogue and acting.

A review in The Guardian seemed to condemn the second series as not being up to the first in terms of plot. I disagree and find that the second series explores the terrain logically that was not uncovered in the first series and builds up the suspense just as compellingly.

Page 7 of 13: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]