IMDb > "Revenge" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Revenge" More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 13: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Finally! A show worth watching!

Author: SirBH from United States
3 November 2011

I rarely watch any TV drama shows except law and order: SVU because I find most of them very boring. I don't remember seeing any commercials or any episodes on television but I came across this on Hulu and immediately became a big fan. I think the characters are all well played especially Emily and they aren't cut and dry. The plot is very engaging and interesting with some nice twists. And if you think that the series will be short because there aren't many characters to get revenge on, I disagree because they have plenty of good material and new characters are added. I really like revenge movies and it is refreshing to see a show built on revenge and everything else that happens from trying to get it. This has become my new favorite show. I highly recommend this show especially if you like revenge or spy movies.

Fab Fab Fab

Author: bill-395-991909 from United Kingdom
13 June 2012

I'm in London and the first series has just started airing. Loved it from the start, just watched episode 3 and totally hooked. Madeleine Stowe makes a fantastic bitch, controlling , glamorous – not since Joan Collins in Dynasty have we have such a character and she looks great And where did they find Emilly VanCamp, she is brilliant, cool, together and sexy. It gives a real feel for the Hamptons and the people who live there - from the super rich, to the guys who work the bar. I like they way the story is told in lots of flashbacks. Pleased they have done another series, but at the moment just enjoying the first, and 19 more episodes to watch.

If you like Dexter, you will hate this show

Author: Hasan Khan from Dubai, U.A.E.
15 April 2014

The plot is riddled with inconsistencies and the series seems like an advertisement for Lexus (the car manufacturer).

1) There is no action or cool fight scenes, even though the lead character was trained in martial arts in Japan. 2) No comedy, not one character has anything funny to say. 3) No romance, as pretty much every character hooks up with every other character. 4) The storyline doesn't make sense from a scientific or psychological perspective. (lead character loses her memory after getting shot twice in the gut and falling from a boat, apparently the impact with the water surface was enough to cause significant head trauma) (lead character also is going out with her enemy's son (enemy killed her father) for the past 2.5 years!!! and even protects him, and defends him after he shoots her in the gut!!! So she can exact revenge? seriously? 5) Very very very soap opera-ish. 6) Low budget series. (In three seasons the series has probably used just five or six location sets, even though the characters are supposed to own multiple estates scattered across the world. 7) Inconsistent character development. Every episode seems to drastically change the way most of the characters behave.

This show was not thought out well, and it is glaringly obvious that the writers just got lucky and now are scampering to fill in 40 odd minutes on TV like a stretched out soap opera

Hard to watch

Author: deanop from United States
8 February 2015

This show used to flow and was easy to watch. Around Season 3 it became a chore to watch the over exaggerated acting of each episode. It got to the point where I couldn't wait till the episode was over so I could watch something else. It's really rather sad because the thing is, I really enjoyed the first 2 Seasons and I wanted to keep liking it, but when a show becomes unbearable to watch then it's time to move on. Everything seems forced and there's been ample time for each character to kill each other a hundred times already, but yet the show drags on. Seems like everybody was against Victoria, but yet she still goes on. I won't be going on, I've had enough.

My Favourite TV Show

Author: Hazem Abu Hejleh from Kuwait
28 October 2014

Hi, this show is my favorite TV show of all time.

I am not used to watch English speaking shows but after watching revenge I changed my whole idea.

I know a lot of fans of it here in Arabic world.

Emily Vancamp & Madeline Stowwe are doing a very great job.

All girls and guys are chosen carefully, all good looking with good acting.

I really will miss it after its ending.

I will keep following Emily van camp and Madeline Stowe in their new shows and movies.

Thanks for all people who made this masterpiece.

I hope to see the same cast do something with same quality in the future.

Best show on TV

Author: cavibreeze1993 from United Kingdom
12 October 2014

I love this show. First the story line is interesting.

second the men are must more sexy than other show.

Third it show the rich and the poor.

I like scandal and Nashville but I think revenge is better.

Emliy van camp is the best. Abc is makers of revenge. Nolan Ross is the bisexual and tech man.

Aiden Mathis is like James Bond. Jack is the down dog he's just hot. 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Revenge is a dish best served cold!!

Author: theoelim
12 October 2014

How true! I'm not into drama much. I even skip drama shows. But I wanted to see the pilot for a long time after reading the plot. So I gave it a go and man i was thrilled on watching. Though the first episode was not that much enlightening and left me a little confused it did give an idea of whats to come and the following episodes did keep the pace. I'm so hooked in to this show. The lead role by Emily is very good. Not that i'v not fallen for her devilish beautiful looks but she does show some dark side of her's at times and its interesting. Nolan...I love his character. Every new character that gets introduced has something to offer which keeps the story not stand just on one plot REVENGE. The cat and mouse chase between Ems and Victoria is so fun to watch. I'm lucky that i got to watch the whole 3 seasons just in about 10 days. Yeah its that addicting. I'm happy that I saw Revenge finally. Better late than never right?

Is jack getting on anybody else's nerves?

Author: carmenblack8 from United States
9 October 2013

When he told Emily finish by the end of summer or he's gonna tell everyone i just wanted to punch him in the face.

His character is so annoying OMG.

I hope the writers don't still think we want her with jack heck no.

And hes mad Amanda died but she chose to stay there Emily tried to pay her off she's not as innocent as he thinks.

I feel bad for him and the baby but can't they right his character off and let him n his kid move.

Like let EMily be n do her revenge.

tell me what you think

all opinions welcomed

"Revenge: The Complete First Season" shows off complex must-see TV show

Author: ersinkdotcom from United States
12 September 2012

I review movies, comics, and work at a movie and music store. This leaves very little time for me to spend watching senseless television like reality series (except "Gene Simmons Family Jewels"), court room dramas, detective thrillers, and mindless sitcoms. I must choose carefully what I devote precious hours of my life to. ABC's "Revenge" is high on my must-see list every week when it's in season.

Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) returns to the Hamptons after spending several years in juvenile detention. As soon as she arrives, Emily sets out on a mission to exact sweet revenge on those who tore her family apart. She'll stop at nothing to expose the people who framed her father for a crime he didn't commit. Her biggest target is the powerfully rich queen of the Hamptons, Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe) and her husband (Henry Czerny).

"Revenge" is one of those shows you watch and when it's over groan and wish it could be two longer. I can never get enough of it. Just when you think you have something figured out writers go and change all the rules of the game again.

The best way to describe the show is as "The Punisher" meets "La Femme Nikita." Emily Thorne isn't a government agent, but she's just as resourceful and ingenious. After the first episode, you find yourself wiping the sweat off your forehead in relief that you'll never have a chance to cross her. She wants retribution for the death of her father. Anyone who was involved is going to suffer horribly.

Just dumb

Author: przedecki from Georgia
19 March 2015

Who is writing this stuff? They have jumped the Shark! It use to be a fabulous mystery and with an edge to it. Now it is cheesy and soapy, just down right dumb! Out of the blue comes Natalie Waters - really - for what purpose. There was no reason for her part in the show. The French girl is way out there - almost laughable when she try's to be bad. The dumb Nolan's girlfriend's character could be OK if they used her right but it is so predictable what is going to happen with the death of her brother, they will find the tape on him and Nolan will be blamed for it blah blah blah same old same old. Ben is just not the right guy for Emily and good grief will you make Jack seem like he's got a spine, he is constantly doing something stupid. What happened to the daughter of Victoria - all of sudden she's just gone - weird. I cannot watch this show anymore - it is just too stupid.

Page 7 of 13: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]