IMDb > "Revenge" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Revenge"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Revenge" More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 10: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

I really like...

Author: ezgikocabas from Turkey
4 March 2013

I have watched Revenge since a last year. It's drama, mystery, thriller TV series. The TV series stars Emily Vancamp, Joshua Bowman, Madeleine Stowe, Gabriel Mann.

It's the story of Emily's revenge for father. This revenge is between Grayson families and Emily. Emily returned to Hamptons. She began to revenge. The first task: Grayson's son Daniel. But after, Emily loved him.

The character of Emily's interesting and clever.Because she's really good making plans. And Victoria Grayson... She's really strong. I think she's selfish! I love Nolan Ross. Because he's handsome, clever and friendly. I hate Aiden Mathiss.

This TV series really about Emily's revenge, although it's also a love story. Emily sometimes love Jack, sometimes Aiden, sometimes Daniel. I don't understand her.

In my opinion, this is gripping TV series. However the best thing about the TV series is the acting. I think Emily Vancamp is better actress than Margarita Levieva. And now, I'm watching a Turkish version.

Get Yours!

Author: killer1h from United States
24 May 2012

Revenge is a drama about a girl who's had her father framed for a terrorist attack and has had her life torn apart, as a result she has spent most of her life training and plotting to get revenge against the very people who set her father up and ruined her life.

Now while most dramas were designed to take one small piece at a time in their development this one is really just a shining example of how a story about revenge should be played out. The plot line is thought out exceptionally far in advance in such a way that you don't see the twists coming because they sway in a manner that can only be described and intriguing. Meanwhile the acting is top notch, make no mistake this is one of the few shows where bad acting could very easily have destroyed the series yet every actor seems to be on point. 10/10 we haven't seen good writing like this in a long time, keep up the good work.

awesome show...

Author: nishant_varma from India
12 December 2011

this show is a must watch show.very captivating story.i started watching it for Madeline Stowe but that was only a precursor if you can say that. but now i am hooked to it.although there are many loop holes in the story but it looks good.every body watching this show would agree that is something in this show which keeps you hooked.you tend to wait patiently who would be the next one to be red crossed by Amanda.Emily.i have this notion that whenever the central character of the story is a woman,it adds to the charm of the story.probably woman depict emotions better. most amazing part is that although the story is about revenge,the violence/blood/gore is minimal.please watch it.i want this show to end with full season.

A truly breath of fresh air

Author: sasazg-1 from Croatia
29 September 2011

Well, as I was about to see the first episode, and now the second one of this show, I didn't know what to expect. At first it seemed as it was going to be some sort of soap opera thing, and some elements are there, but this show is way, way more then that.

I like the setting of the show very much, it gives a mysterious vibe, the way we are introduced to all the characters, the way the story unfolds each episodes, and especially that every episode means that Emily Thorne will get her revenge against one person who was a conspirator against her family. It makes it worth watching as each time the punishment is different.

This story is truly a breath of fresh air to what we can watch these days on television. There aren't no big explosions, guns, violence, but there is a mystery which sometimes it's more then enough to make the show a great one.

Best series of the season

Author: cathierush1 from United States
30 April 2012

i think we all have a little vigilante in us.. a confirmation that what goes around, comes around. it's nice to see the bad guys have to pay. Daniel and jack do seem to be collateral damage and i would like that change. loved it best at the beginning when she wiped out one bad guy per episode. it was simple and it worked. this worked for me because we all live in a world where the bosses seem to be the least competent, and if you break the law and you are a celebrity and/or have lots of money,you get away with it,while the average criminal doesn't stand a chance of getting a get-out-of-jail-free card. the series should be names justice instead of revenge. it's also nice to see a little girl avenging a great hurt done to her daddy and herself. how can you be happy when there are boogie men out there getting away with all this. go girl, but be careful, and give jack a chance.

Don't get mad ... get even. One of the better 'guilty pleasure' shows to come along.

Author: TxMike from Houston, Tx, USA, Earth
6 October 2011

Why did so many of us enjoy the Liam Neeson movie "Taken" so much? Because a family was wronged and we got to watch him systematically kick butt and get back at the crooks.

We enjoy watching this TV series "Revenge" for basically the same reason. Emily VanCamp is Emily Thorne, whose innocent father was wrongly convicted of terrorist activities and put to death when Emily was a young girl. Now, grown up and with a different name and lots of wealth at her disposal, she sets out to get revenge and put away every one of those responsible for her father's financial downfall, conviction and death. Each episode she focuses on a different person.

Intellectually many of us know that revenge for the sake of revenge is wrong. Somewhere buried deep down is the concept of forgiveness. So from that point of view, we should not root for Emily, and we should not smile when she exacts her revenge. But I can't help myself, it is a guilty pleasure.

Plus VanCamp is just perfect in her role. A must-watch each week.

Revenge: A captivating mini series, but losing steam because of inconsistent air dates

Author: zeetoddy
21 December 2011

Just what is happening with Revenge? One week you get to watch it and the next it disappears without notice... Everyone knows that to successfully keep an audience, the audience *must* know when the series is to air. Unfortunately, Revenge has fallen into this trap. Revenge opened with high ratings and Madeline Stowe has received A Golden Globe, but exactly what are the ratings now? As a loyal viewer I am confused and confounded by the erratic schedule. Remember ABC Eastwick? High ratings... Confusing air dates...then the plug was pulled! I loved that series and it took years for me to finally see the last episode. How heart breaking! What will happen with Revenge? I admit I love Madeline Stowe and her manipulative ways as Victoria Grayson and it is for *only* that reason will I continue to try and watch. Emly Van Camp is miscast; some of my friends won't watch Revenge for that reason, but the story is compelling and it draws you into the plot of dealing out revenge. I hope Emily Thorne dose not falter in the end, just as I hope the series does not falter to conclude satisfactorily!

If you like Dexter, you will hate this show

Author: Hasan Khan from Dubai, U.A.E.
15 April 2014

The plot is riddled with inconsistencies and the series seems like an advertisement for Lexus (the car manufacturer).

1) There is no action or cool fight scenes, even though the lead character was trained in martial arts in Japan. 2) No comedy, not one character has anything funny to say. 3) No romance, as pretty much every character hooks up with every other character. 4) The storyline doesn't make sense from a scientific or psychological perspective. (lead character loses her memory after getting shot twice in the gut and falling from a boat, apparently the impact with the water surface was enough to cause significant head trauma) (lead character also is going out with her enemy's son (enemy killed her father) for the past 2.5 years!!! and even protects him, and defends him after he shoots her in the gut!!! So she can exact revenge? seriously? 5) Very very very soap opera-ish. 6) Low budget series. (In three seasons the series has probably used just five or six location sets, even though the characters are supposed to own multiple estates scattered across the world. 7) Inconsistent character development. Every episode seems to drastically change the way most of the characters behave.

This show was not thought out well, and it is glaringly obvious that the writers just got lucky and now are scampering to fill in 40 odd minutes on TV like a stretched out soap opera

Revenge

Author: emilyjmccann from United Kingdom
3 January 2014

Shows exactly was it says on the title. Vengeful Emily (aka. Amanda) wants to get revenge on the people who framed her father, David Clarke.

The concept of her situation is quite confusing since new information start to appear within the episodes and each one of them is gripping and exciting. Since I live in the UK, series 3 doesn't begin until Monday 6th January and I have heard some of the story lines and I am very excited.

Series 1, outstanding and gob smacking. I am so glad Tyler got killed off, but then again I wasn't, I find it interesting how there are always characters scheming against Emily so there is always an obstacle for her to face, usually she kills them and it's clear she is the person you don't want to mess with.

Series 2, still outstanding and gob smacking in a different way. I never expect what is going to happen and this time poor Declan, Jack's younger brother and Charlotte's lover dies after an explosion. At least he said bye to them but it is still heartbreaking for Jack as you feel more sorry for him after he lost 'Amanda' his wife and now his brother.

Hopefully series 3 will bring more brilliant story lines and maybe a couple of more series after that since her revenge is taking far too long with about 20 episodes in each season. And I wish not to see anymore of Aiden, he annoys me and just seems like the sub story that has ended - he may love Emily/Amanda but it doesn't seem like their relationship is going to last because he comes across to aggressive and I believe he could be a game changer, he seem's to sly for my liking even though the majority of the characters in Revenge are sly because they can't trust anyone so they want to get revenge on the people they hate.

I recommended this, it's a must see but watch it from the beginning otherwise it would be confusing to understand the concept.

Favorite TV show! A must-see!

Author: jgshark21 from Utah, USA
24 November 2013

I absolutely LOVE this show! It is by far my favorite show of all time. I still cannot wrap my mind around the genius of this show. Emily VanCamp delivers a moving performance that makes you love and fear her at the same time. The plot is full of great twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I rate this a 10/10 only because it wouldn't let me go any higher than that. It is that good. This intense, dramatic, romantic, mysterious, thrilling, and overall incredible show will take you for a ride that you will remember for a long time. I have watched every episode up to date twice, and still thoroughly enjoyed them the second time around.

Page 7 of 10: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]