IMDb > "Revenge" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Revenge"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Revenge" More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 12: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

Good performance but lacks plot

Author: saifmohammed from India
14 September 2013

I thought from the start it was going to be a great show; the cast is great, performance, but it lacks story. It is uselessly stretching the plot. I seriously can't understand even though having all proofs the protagonist is delaying her revenge and even stopping others to do so.Like the takeover of Nolcorp was totally unnecessary also when Amanda died and Emily threw the laptop containing all proofs against the Graysons and said that now her head is clear and she is deemed to destroy Conrad and Victoria and that she deviated from her path and now she does not require any proofs implying that she is going to kill them but doesn't. It circles around meaningless sub-stories and hangs the second season towards the end for more. I hope the third season should be its last.

The Best Show E-ver

Author: PurpleAlbatross
8 January 2013

Well done Mike Kelley, the writer, and all the producers who have brought this brilliant programme to our screens.I appreciate it may not be to other reviewers' taste, but for me and everyone I know, it presses all the right buttons for quality entertainment. Yes it is a very dramatic soap opera(but please note the parallels with the classic The Count of Monte Cristo) and yes, you have to suspend belief for certain twists, but isn't that true for Homeland, the t.v. show receiving the highest accolades from all corners at the moment? I love Homeland, but it, too, is far from perfect.Revenge is beautiful to watch:the settings, the glamour, the clothing!the stunning actors and actresses. Everyone plays their role to such perfection that you can't believe that actor is different from their role! What other show packs in the drama and twists and turns and suspense the way this does in every single episode?There has not been one flat episode.You really get your hour's worth here.Totally addictive,all my friends new to the show have not been able to turn it off after the first episode. I am stunned it does not get a mention in the Golden Globes. Seriously? Beautiful Emily Van Camp is every bit as brilliant and complete an actress as Claire Danes, portraying a full range of subtle and not so subtle emotions (not just hysteria/psychosis).The fire,despair,distrust between Victoria(Madeleine Stowe) and Conrad(Henry Czerny) sustained through each and every episode is Oscar- worthy.We already know she is a great actress, but Conrad? He is a a revelation;an amazing actor. Nolan? A genius.Give that man a movie!We love him.All the others, Daniel, Declan, Jack, Amanda, Charlotte and all the ancillary characters are GREAT actors.Roger Bart's portrayal of Mason Treadwell and that whole plot line was excellent drama.Don't forget David Clarke;he is stunning. Can't he still be alive somehow?Such a waste!

Thank you to all of them,and to ABC and Channel 4 for bringing intelligent drama to our screens.Long may it reign."Before you embark upon a path of revenge, dig two graves".(Confucius).Chilling.

Totally hooked!!!

Author: Andrew Hodgson from United Kingdom
29 October 2012

At first, I thought Revenge was going to be a bit corny, but after watching one episode, I loved it. I've read reviews which criticise it's 'bad acting' and 'ridiculous story lines' , but I think that the acting is much better than your average weekday drama and that the implausibility of the story lines is merely a strategy to bring in more viewers. And I think it worked. Madeleine Stowe plays an utterly detestable but wonderful character, and Emily VanCamp is excellent. There aren't any happy endings and not a single character has any redeeming qualities by the end of series one, and I think that's what makes it so good. Every time one of them does something horrible, you think how can they do something worse than that? And they do something 10x worse! Full of twists and brilliant characters, Revenge is a definite must-see.

loved it at first...

Author: gods-lov46 from nyc
14 September 2012

I'll admit I was hooked on this show at first. I loved the whole idea of revenge to avenge her father's death. I loved Emily vancamp's character and rooted for her. However, as the show progressed I found it harder and harder to root for her. She just became really unlikable to me. There were a few situations which I thought were ridiculous, but I won't get into that since spoilers are just evil. I don't know...maybe it's just me. Currently I am up to episode 13. I believe I will continue to watch it and still give it 10 stars because I like many of the other characters. Wird that I find myself liking almost everyone EXCEPT the protagonist lol....go figure

Oh my god, asdfghjkl!

Author: jordankerr1902 from Scotland
16 May 2012

Oh my god, I think I died. Revenge is so so so so good and I've only watched the first episode! You'll become addicted to this straight away. Revenge has a good story line to it and there is always something happening. I did get a bit confused but you'll understand by what I mean when you watch it. I recommend it if you are into kind of drama/mystery, I would say mystery anyway, type of shows. An easy 10/10. For what I have just watched this series is going to be amazing. Seeing as One Tree Hill has finished airing, this will be my new number 1 show on TV at the moment. I'm only a 14 year old but this show is amazing. Trust me. Worth the watch.

A "guilty pleasure" worth with guilt

Author: eric-sorrels from United States
10 May 2012

I imagine we are just a couple of episodes away from the first season finale of "Revenge." I watched the pilot on a whim, and could not help but continue following the story. VanCamp as Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke is captivating as a socialite/revenge-seeking victim of the Grayson family's dark cover-up fifteen years ago.

I watch it because the story is addictive. The writing may be clunky occasionally, and there are times when the dialogue makes me too aware of its soap-drama genre. But the story does its job; it keeps me entertained and looking forward to the next episode.

I watch it because the characters are very, VERY rich (some incalculably so) and it's kind of fun to watch the ridiculous ways they spend their money.

I watch it because while it may not be as dark as your typical revenge drama, there is still a very real thrill of watching them unfold the characters' back stories, witnessing shocking revelations/plot twists, and all the other elements that make shows today entertaining.

I don't even think the writers know where this story is really headed. But I'll keep tuning in Wednesday nights to find out.

I Love This Show!

Author: mdrichardson728 from United States
9 December 2011

Revenge is a really wonderful show. The plot is great, and I love the way the show takes its twists, and turns. Emily VanCamp and Madeleine Stowe play their characters very well. The show is good, but I wonder how long they can keep up this storyline. Each week I am on pins and needles wondering what is going to happen next. I also love Amanda's other devious friends who make the show even more exciting. I know this show will be renewed for another season. Amanda Clarke is just so exciting, and I love both of her little boy toys, Jack and Daniel. All the characters are so greatly defined with story lines of their own. I can't wait to watch the show each Thursday Night!

Best network show!

Author: mugnpug from United States
23 November 2011

This is by far the best show since Nip/Tuck and Damages and on prime time. Every week, it gets more intense without the predictability. It has so many layers to it where each week a new layer is peeled back revealing more of the core and leaving us wanting more and wondering what will happen next. My 10 year old loves this show and since he cannot watch either Nip/Tuck or Damages, he is able to see what great TV and great writing is all about without the use of profanity or nudity. Please, please keep the seasons coming. Emily and Nolan are a great team and we love Nolan's sense of sarcastic humor. There is so much that can be done with the characters that I cannot wait to see what happens next. Love it!

Finally! A show worth watching!

Author: SirBH from United States
3 November 2011

I rarely watch any TV drama shows except law and order: SVU because I find most of them very boring. I don't remember seeing any commercials or any episodes on television but I came across this on Hulu and immediately became a big fan. I think the characters are all well played especially Emily and they aren't cut and dry. The plot is very engaging and interesting with some nice twists. And if you think that the series will be short because there aren't many characters to get revenge on, I disagree because they have plenty of good material and new characters are added. I really like revenge movies and it is refreshing to see a show built on revenge and everything else that happens from trying to get it. This has become my new favorite show. I highly recommend this show especially if you like revenge or spy movies.

How has this not been cancelled?

Author: Rachel Pierson from Scotland
5 December 2014

How does TV this awful get made? I had high hopes for this series, as it was listed as "recommended" by IMDb for anyone that enjoyed The Good Wife. I couldn't even make it through the tediously-dull pilot episode. It was disjointed (I presume the cold open has a relevance at some point, but it seemed to bear no relation whatsoever to the rest of the pilot episode.) It was boring. And its cast looked barely old enough to be out of school, which damaged the credibility of the main characters somewhat. Some more blurb because apparently reviews need to be ten lines long, even if you're writing about a show that you'd have difficulty watching for ten minutes without falling into a coma.

Not for me - 1/10