IMDb > "Revenge" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Revenge"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Revenge" More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 14: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Wow.

Author: missydizzy23
31 October 2012

This show is absolutely amazing. From the trailer of this show, I had many second thoughts as to whether I should watch it or not...but once I started I just couldn't stop! This show is just so good. There is so much drama in this show and can get complicated at times but it doesn't stop my addiction to it! Emily Thorne is the main character of the show and she is trying to plot revenge on the family that framed her father for a terrorist attack. Her tactical skills are just mind blowing. Not only is she absolutely stunning, but her character never fails...she is very smart. She will do things that you yourself have never thought of. She has the ability to do absolutely anything. I know I am talking a lot about her but she is what ties the entire show together. All the other characters also play a big role in the show as you will see once you watch it with the powerful Victoria and charming Daniel. I recommend anyone to watch this show! You will not be disappointed!

Fantastic Guilty Pleasure

Author: Nastasha from Canada
5 March 2012

I am always on the lookout for a series that has something new to offer, but is still a character driven show. Most reviewers have covered all the points I had intended to, except that one of the things I love about this show is how Victoria, the woman Emily wants to hurt the most, is so redeemable and that only through the pain of the same treachery Emily wants to avenge, has Victoria become such an ice-cold bitch.

It's interesting how Emily at times has the shades of who Victoria has become. Behind both their smiles hides manipulation and devious intentions. Neither of them ever stop to plot and will stop at nothing to achieve what they want. Although it's worth noting that between the two of them, it is Emily who will go farther; Victoria draws the line at her children.

The supporting characters are also very well written. Everyone feels three dimensional. The heroes are perfectly flawed and the villains are not stock characters. Good show. I'm interested to see how the writers will keep this from getting old. So far they've got me hooked.

Just dumb

Author: przedecki from Georgia
19 March 2015

Who is writing this stuff? They have jumped the Shark! It use to be a fabulous mystery and with an edge to it. Now it is cheesy and soapy, just down right dumb! Out of the blue comes Natalie Waters - really - for what purpose. There was no reason for her part in the show. The French girl is way out there - almost laughable when she try's to be bad. The dumb Nolan's girlfriend's character could be OK if they used her right but it is so predictable what is going to happen with the death of her brother, they will find the tape on him and Nolan will be blamed for it blah blah blah same old same old. Ben is just not the right guy for Emily and good grief will you make Jack seem like he's got a spine, he is constantly doing something stupid. What happened to the daughter of Victoria - all of sudden she's just gone - weird. I cannot watch this show anymore - it is just too stupid.

7 Stars for the First Season 3 Stars for the Rest

Author: Cliff from Canada
15 January 2015

The first season was Great. Tightly written, good drama and excellent characters... but then came Season Two. It was horrible, but I was brave and soldered on. Season Three... oh what can you say about that mess. But I soldered on... But now half way through Season Four... I finally give up. The story lines have spun out of control. None of these people are characters any more. Now they are just caricatures. And it just gets worse and worse. Victoria Grayson is the biggest caricature. She is more evil that all of the Disney Villains combined... I'm just waiting for the maniacal laugh at the end of each of her scenes. Revenge you have WON!!!! I give up!

9 to 7 to 5 along the seasons

Author: murtaza_kzl from Pakistan
23 May 2014

I am on the beginning of the third season.. As many reviewers have already mentioned that the show started brilliantly but it has lost it's spark. We do not want Emily to take down a person involved in the incident in each episode but it would be better if the revenge actually had a logical path. Season 1 was just perfect, nothing wrong with it but then season 2 provided us with nothing new at all. Few episodes can be actually skipped and it won't matter to the plot at all. What is it with introducing new characters that are too lame to stick anyway. Whenever such a stupid character is introduced i check IMDb whether the character would stay long or it is just a guest appearance and to my relief it is temporary but then why introduce it in the first place. Season 2 was not that attractive but i won't eliminate it from the current watching list. I have a bad habit of sticking to shows that lose their touch like vampire diaries and supernatural but i don't think i will continue revenge if season 4 turns out to be disappointing. However as per ratings of each episode i must stay that season 3 has some good ones towards the end so i have my fingers crossed... The show must have an end date and a properly planned end rather than being canceled and then preparing a hasty end which is always crappy.. The entire cast is brilliant and they have build the characters well so that you can empathize from each of their point of view but it needs more story and not the same twist and turns to keep the interest alive..

what an amazing show . the best that came out of Hollywood in the last ten years !!!!!!!!!!

Author: tarekofsyria from United Arab Emirates
30 December 2011

Being a fan of Madeline Stowe , the good roles she played in the 80s and 90s , and the fact that she was nominated for the golden globe for this series are the reasons why i wanted to follow this show . revenge is a really fun thrilling ride . first i would like to mention that the cast have done a great job ,Henry Czerny and Emily van camp are very convincing . Ashton Holmes added more drama and flavor to the revenge theme and of course Stowe has definitely portrayed Victoria in the greatest way possible . also the great setting of the show adds the element of class .the story takes place in the Hampton's , very chic very Dallas and falcon crest if you still remember these shows in the 80s . the plot is deep and and unpredictable . it gets thicker and thicker leaving the viewer wanting more and inpatient to know what will happen next . the director has achieved a great deal by making this series in a time when people got tired of the clichéd police thrillers where someone is killed and we wonder who did it . this show is much more meaningful than that, it touches deep matters . i recommend revenge to anyone who is looking forward to watching a class act with an original plot and a great cast that will keep you insatiable . i really hope Stowe will win for this one .

How has this not been cancelled?

Author: Rachel Pierson from Scotland
5 December 2014

How does TV this awful get made? I had high hopes for this series, as it was listed as "recommended" by IMDb for anyone that enjoyed The Good Wife. I couldn't even make it through the tediously-dull pilot episode. It was disjointed (I presume the cold open has a relevance at some point, but it seemed to bear no relation whatsoever to the rest of the pilot episode.) It was boring. And its cast looked barely old enough to be out of school, which damaged the credibility of the main characters somewhat. Some more blurb because apparently reviews need to be ten lines long, even if you're writing about a show that you'd have difficulty watching for ten minutes without falling into a coma.

Not for me - 1/10

Wonderfully Dark New Series

Author: Jason Daniel Baker from Toronto, Canada
14 October 2011

Amanda (Vancamp) whose life was destroyed when she was a little girl by a conspiracy of evil rich creeps in Southampton, New York returns 15 years later to exact a bold and elaborate revenge plot with a long list of people she intends to get even with.

She comes in the guise of Emily Thorne, wealthy débutante with all the right connections and personal holdings which rival those of her enemies none of whom suspect who she really is and why she is there.

Adopting disguises and employing illegal methods of stealth she undermines each and everyone she believes has wronged her.

But she is also haunted by personal feelings of the life she might have if she could just forget what was done to her and her father. This includes a romance with a local bar owner that began as crush when they were children before the calamity which saw her father framed for a crime he did not commit.

Canadian viewers will notice several Canadians in the cast - most notably Port Perry & Montreal's Vancamp, Toronto's Czerny and Halifax's Tupper.

We love to see our homegrown talent do well.

Days of our lives on steroids

Author: chris jezza from Australia
4 May 2015

I can see why women find this show appealing. Every male actor looks like a calvin klein model, the women are beautiful and are always dressed in the latest designer outfits and there's the whole Cinderella appeal to the whole thing. However, i find it completely appalling, the story line is pathetic really. Its actually quite insulting, She starts as this quite innocent and shy girl trying to uncover what happened to her parents and then in no time she's a trained killer with a secret agenda behind everything, she knows everyones next move, she is an expert at police techniques, hand to hand combat and is also an expert marksman. She fools everyone and nobody ever suspects her or guesses her motives. I felt like my IQ had dropped after viewing this show.

I actually have to leave the room when this show is on it makes me so angry. Typical women's crap!!! If you like shows that make you think, you will be disappointed in this.

Good season one, season two: lost its way.

Author: Dave Andrews from United States
21 September 2014

Well I've watched all three season so far and I have to say that the first season has been the best so far. It started with a real good idea about an attractive girl getting revenge on the people that wronged her father. Just like the show "Arrow" (2012) where the lead character is crossing names of a book his father gave him, Emily is trying to ruin the people that ruined her father. Season two basically devolved into a night-time soap (with better acting) based around the trials and tribulations of the residents of "The Hamptons" (Montauk, New York to be more precise). Season three gets a little better but still has that soap feel to it. I've read some comments stating that the show is getting too complicated or confusing but I don't agree, It is a show you have to pay attention to if you want to get it but it's not that hard unless the viewer is the kind that needs their shows to be spoon-fed to them. The show really should have Emily kick more butt and Charlotte needs too stop behaving like a thirteen year old.