IMDb > "Revenge" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Revenge"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Revenge" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

I just saw a first episode and it was fantastic!!!!!

Author: den_alex_d
9 September 2011

Truly great show! There is mystery, love story, money, angry evil lady, and a lot of good looking people. You can not help but think, what happened, what is the big secret all those people are carrying. There are so many things going on but at the same time it is easy to follow along. You will love it. I can not see them doing more than one season, but hey you never know. This show is a mix between desperate housewives, OC, Tween Peaks, Dexter, and Harper's Island. Can not wait to see more. It has this dark feel about it but at the same time it is warm and makes you laugh at times. Also I think that the casting is excellent: Emily VanCamp - diverse; Madeleine Stowe - chillingly evil, yet you can not help to admire and respect her, Connor Paolo - funny and is going to be one of my favorite. Anyhow i hope this show does well. Watch it!

Revenge

Author: rnicholson-177-927534 from Canada
4 October 2011

I am hooked on this show! my daughter (22) and I agree this is our favorite show on TV currently. Every week I look forward to seeing how the characters develop and who she chooses for revenge. Not at all what I expected in a pleasant way. The only thing I am not sure of is how long this show can go, does it have a set end date because a show like this reminds me of an extended mini series since it will have to finish at some point. I hope the writers have taken that into account as this show needs a conclusion to make it a perfect show. Hopefully others agree about this show so that its not cancelled before its time. I recommend everyone try to see this (and to watch the first episodes for the background)

on my watch list

Author: (diroffers) from Houston, Texas
22 September 2011

This show was the one that made me want to sign up on IMDb to rave about. I had some preconceived notions of what this show would be like and which demographic it would appeal to (not mine) and was not expecting to like it at all. Was I pleasantly surprised! I like the way the story is unfolding. I like that the characters are believable, aside from the fact that they are all incredibly attractive.

I'm a little surprised by the ratings so far, and haven't seen any reviews to explain them. They don't spell everything out for you, so that could put some people off. I imagine not everyone has met people who are like the characters in the show, so the characters may seem somewhat unrealistic in that sense. It is not happy, fun-loving, or trivial at all. It is serious and a bit dark - like Dexter, but without the humorous elements. It could be that it could use more narration, in order to make the lead character more relatable.

Personally, I'm a little excited to see how this story plays out and the impediments that the main character will have to face in carrying out her revenge. I am sure that as she becomes better acquainted with others, her task will become more difficult to carry out. Or will she turn out to be more of a sociopath?

My biggest concern with this series is how long the process of revenge will be drawn out. Are they intending for it to take several seasons? Will it be more swift, with the ultimate focus being the consequences of her actions or perhaps discovering an insatiable desire to create her own justice where she sees fit? I like the potential here, I suppose it will not take long to determine where they are going with the series.

Great show - Revengefully addictive!

Author: Matt Herman from Los Angeles, CA
25 September 2011

I was extremely impressed watching the pilot online. 'Revenge' has huge potential. It is based on 'The Count of Monte Cristo' by Alexandre Dumas. It usually takes me more than an episode or two to like a show but I can assure you this one will get you hooked right away. I can't wait to see how Emily/Amanda gets her revenge on each and every one of the people who destroyed her and her father's lives. How far will she go to satisfy her vengeance? Who will her next target be? Will people find out about her real intentions? These are just a few of many questions to be answered. Tune in! You do not want to miss Emily's 'Revenge'!

This is a winner!

Author: Carlee Smith from United States
12 October 2011

We all know Emily VanCamp for her girl next door roles but Revenge puts a whole new spin on her girl next door role with her devious behavior. There are so many characters with connections to her I don't know which guy(all of who are handsome) to root for because of the plan which the audience is led to believe is hers I don't know if I want it to be completed. There are so many possibilities the show could go anyway and continue to go anyway it chooses. This show is a refreshing change of pace from the average TV drama and is completely addictive. Each episode leaves you itching for the next. 2011 is the year of new TV series and many have already been cancelled and lots of the new shows are left struggling yet I have a strong feeling this series is here to stay.

A Revengefully Good Time

Author: Valithanithizum from United States
6 October 2011

What else can I say, this show is amazing. Revenge should be the standard for all other TV shows to follow.

Emily Thorn and her strong supporting cast are at the top of their games. Brilliant writing, and a deep dark mysterious story line will keep you hooked. So many sub plots and twists and turns as the story unravels it just keeps escalating. It's amazing to watch nearly every character to be deeply developed into the plot line. You never know what will happen next, and it's just pure bliss to watch.

My favorite new TV show in a long time, and I can't wait to see Emily Thorn every Wednesday. I've developed a sick demented crush for her devilish beauty.

Outstanding

Author: Daniel from Bulgaria
6 April 2012

When I watched the pilot episode, I found the series promising and I really loved it. Then, after continuing the following episodes, it took my interest. The show is dark, smart, filled with subtle humor and wise quotes. The plot is twisted, dark and tense. Each character has an interesting story, presented in a really good way. The acting is perfect and the writing is complete. Emily Van Camp who plays the main role as Emily Thorne is just amazing! I really recommend this show to anybody. It's always interesting, sometimes funny, dark, and mysterious. ABC has another thing to embark, after finishing "Desperate Housewives".

Best to Worst

Author: seeksSilence from UK
19 April 2013

Season 1 One of the best paced and rewarding shows on TV, a true guilty pleasure.

Season 2 One of the worst shows on TV, up to the point where I've stopped watching.

What happened between Season 1 and 2, did they fire the writers and hire a bunch of monkeys?. Too many sub-plots, uninteresting characters and story lines. A great deal of time wasted getting nowhere, with unnecessary characters that are increasingly annoying and pointless.

I doubt this will go beyond 3 Seasons, unless there is a sea-change back towards Season 1. But then again I'll not be watching, once a show becomes a train wreck it's quite difficult to rescue it and I'm not waiting around for it to happen.

What once promised to be a great show, is now a soap opera in meltdown.

I gave it a rating of 5 - 10 for Season 1, 0 for Season 2.

Revenge - The Countess of Monte Cristo

Author: atkhan-1 from Pakistan
25 September 2011

The plot of this series has similarities to the Count of Monte Cristo story. A young girl whose life was shattered by some people and now after many years she came back to live among them only to get revenge. This series has a much darker side then it shows and it slowly progresses to the story line. Emily Van Camp did a tremendous job playing the lead and during the pilot, she manages to show a glimpse of her dark side for the episodes to come. Madeleine Stowe is typically cold-hearted and evil, and suspects Emily from the start. The Main story line focuses on these two playing a game of cat and mouse with each other, where other characters are there as well with their own agendas. I hope this series maintain its level of darkness and twists ...

What happened?

Author: joe-825 from United Kingdom
1 April 2013

I thought the first series was really good. The way the series began with what turned out to be more or less the finish and the well developed plot lines, with great twists that showed us how we got there. There was a clue where the show was headed when the second last show in season 1 basically filled 40 odd minutes to cover the contract obligations, IE it showed us NOTHING. Season 2 is a joke, the initiative this and that, random characters pitching up here and there (the foster brother, the girlfriend of the previously gay guy, the previously gay guy's previous boyfriend blah blah). The writers don't know where to take the show so are applying the classic soap tactic of 'throw enough characters at it and some will be interesting'. Not working so far and I can't see this show being far off cancellation. Season one would have got 8/9. Now I give it 2.

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]