IMDb > "Scandal" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Scandal"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Scandal" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Brilliant show!

Author: kimcorn from United States
13 April 2012

I had stopped watching prime time shows because of the lack of quality and diversity in casting. But WOW, Scandal has me hooked! This show is just incredible, brilliantly written, directed, and acting-- I have been on the edge of my seat from the opening scene until the credits. I hope that this show gains fans and ratings. I know I'm telling all of my friends to watch! The casting is rock solid. Casting Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope is inspired. Tony Goldwin as the POTUS is incredibly powerful. The chemistry between the two of them is amazingly hot. I'm eager to learn more of their back story as well as that of the other characters.

Not to be missed

Author: yuknow
24 May 2012

When Grey's Anatomy start going stale Scandal pops up. One of the best TV series ever. Every single episode leave you wanting for more! Starting off with the president looking scandalous to understanding the love he and Olivia have for each other. Fast pace keeps you guessing. Just not enough in your face dirty politics like 'Boss'. Something different from those boring same old monotone drama. 7 episodes in Season 1 is not enough. Till the last episode will keep you guessing who is the one that orchestrate all the things that happened. It is definitely one of the best TV series in 2012. Not to be missed most definitely.

My brain is now less functional than before watching this show!

Author: trojko700 from spain
1 August 2013

What appears as an intriguing storyline quickly reveals itself as a poorly executed concept. The acting is weak at best with the lead having only two facial expressions, the plastic surgery stiff face and then the weepy eyed look. The plot is hinged on the impossible and the relationship between the president and the main character is replayed in a pathetic unbelievable constant replay cycle.

The main point of contention is that the main characters are all very unlikable and guilty of what is an act of political terrorism as well as multiple murders, and they justify it this with the same excuse that all horrific characters use in cliché writing.

Make an intelligent choice and avoid this horrific attempt at television, once again proving that the private cable companies are still way ahead in the drama creation and execution. the big networks are really trying to catch up but just don't seem to have the ability to do so.

Exciting New Show

Author: A. L. Rodgers from United States
6 April 2012

AWESOME and awe inspiring main character (I mean Kerry Washington, who should be listed in the top 3 on IMDb title page for the show, not at #8!!) Oliva Pope, who is confident, strong,"legendary" and knows the ins-and-outs of D.C. political power brokers. Snappy fast-paced dialogue, intense story lines and soap elements intertwined with political intrigue. Main plot points were engaging and not always foreseen, which in storytelling, is a very good thing. Pilot shows a lot of potential to be a great can't-miss show. This should be another big hit for Shonda Rhimes, if ABC commits to it and doesn't continuously pre-empt it. Shonda Rhimes scores big again! Yeah Rhimes!Keep it coming!!

Just not good

Author: hr-27 from United States
13 May 2012

This show is not very good. I have watched every episode hoping that it would find its legs, but sadly, it has not. The show is poorly written, the characters are very 2 dimensional. If you have watched T V in the last 10 years, you will easily guess what the characters will say and do. The shows repeated usages of characters saying "Olivia Pope" is irritating. The stories are so black and white no shades of gray. The stories each week do not fit into any current or past realities. The acting or directing is so poor I cannot figure it out. There is not real chemistry between the characters. The naïve character (Quinn Perkins) is so naïve you wonder why anyone would hire her. The tech guru/former black ops killer (Huck), does not that just sound silly. The slick, fasting talker (Harrison Wright), surprise, surprise is played by a black guy. Then there is the powerful smart women (Abby Whelan) who got beaten by her husband. The characters sound more like the cast of Leverage. The concept of the story is great but the execution is extremely poor. The show just does not have real passion behind it, then again how can you have passion or insight about this larger than life powerful black women who is having an affair with the President of the United States.

Great series

Author: cookiekatz from United States
13 May 2012

I really love this series and think the acting and story are terrific!

My only complaint is that more often than not it seems as though someone hit the fast forward button. Most of the actors speak so fast that it is difficult to follow and I am constantly rewinding to catch what they said. Also, the picture is at times too dark.

It would be much better if they could slow the pace just a little. It really does seem as though the actors are being timed to see how fast they can say their lines.

The casting of the characters is very good and I hope the show stays on the air for many years.

The BEST SHOW on air this year

Author: barnesfamily_02 from United States
29 April 2012

I had my doubts. I saw the show being advertised and I decided I would not watch the show. I always jump and support black actors and writers and I usually am disappointed. I jumped into Undercover and The Event and was sorely disappointed. I told myself, I would not jump into watching this show. I heard from some friends on facebook how good this show was. Granted, they are people who also support African-American people on shows and movies. But after reading their posts and how excited they were about this show, I folded and recoded this past weeks episode. I was bored Saturday afternoon and decided to give it a chance. I turned it on and it immediately had me hooked. I didn't know what Olivia's job was, but she is a tough woman. I love this show so much I couldn't stop talking about it to my husband. After the show, I went on and on about the episode. I also couldn't get enough of Olivia. She has all the qualities of a strong woman. Kerry is a phenomenal actress!!! Rimes did another fabulous creation on this show. I hope this show goes the distance. I never write reviews for show EVER, but this time I created an account and found this site to take time out to write a review on this show because it is the best show I have seen in a LONG time.

WTF is happening with this show???

Author: Ingrid Naimy from United States
31 March 2014

CAN'T TAKE THIS SHOW ANYMORE!!!! "Scandal" is becoming one hell of a soap opera. Every actor is OVERACTING, it's like every one is PMSing... "Olivia Pope" just makes sad, confused faces and shouts all the time, it's annoying. "Huck" only WHISPERS, since episode one... "Jake Ballard" wants to be the bad ass, but sorry, far from it, he only makes puppy faces with puppy eyes.... this show just died... last episode was like: "let's get everyone having sex, to put some sparkles on it".... FAILED!!!!!! Horrible timing... maybe the producers, could perhaps take some notes from "House of Cards" and "Political Animals"... and I understand this is supposed to be a "scandal" from a romance btw the president and an outsider, but both of them are becoming narcissistic pricks and I don't even care if they stay together, the show would be better if they actually found others to get involved with. Everything in Scandal just SUCKS lately!!!! Good bye "soap opera"... I'm done!!!!

Excellent Show

Author: Jackie Jones from United States
11 May 2012

I really love this show. Sad to find out their is only one more episode left for this season. This show has everything I love-intrigue, mystery, conspiracies, and great plots and story representations each week. Every week feels like a finale to me. I hope the show comes back next season with many more episodes. I can't get enough. The acting is great as well as the writing. I love Kerri Washington and all the other actors on the show have great delivery. This show is in my top 3. I might even dare to say it's becoming my number 1 show. It's nice to watch something other than reality TV and this is a great alternative. I love the way we find out new things about the main characters every week, which let us know who they are and why they are the way that they are.

Olivia and Fitz Best TV Chemistry

Author: maiya719-489-67099 from United States
29 September 2012

This is a great show. The chemistry between Kerry Washington and the man that plays the president is superb. Best chemistry i have seen on a show. I love how she is African American and he is Caucasian. Different is finally on television and she is the lead. I love how it's crime, suspense, slight thriller, and most of all romance. When I first saw the previews for this show, I thought oh no another crime show but this is like no other crime show on TV. I was very impressed and now it's returned for a second season, I'm so excited to watch. Abc is taking over TV channels with best shows. It will be hard for other shows to compete with the chemistry between the characters. The only thing I do not like is, for a president, I need him to be a little stronger and vulnerable. He needs to take initiative sometimes on his own but he's gorgeous even though he's older.

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]