IMDb > "Scandal" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Scandal"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Scandal" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 18:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

WTF is happening with this show???

Author: Ingrid Naimy from United States
31 March 2014

CAN'T TAKE THIS SHOW ANYMORE!!!! "Scandal" is becoming one hell of a soap opera. Every actor is OVERACTING, it's like every one is PMSing... "Olivia Pope" just makes sad, confused faces and shouts all the time, it's annoying. "Huck" only WHISPERS, since episode one... "Jake Ballard" wants to be the bad ass, but sorry, far from it, he only makes puppy faces with puppy eyes.... this show just died... last episode was like: "let's get everyone having sex, to put some sparkles on it".... FAILED!!!!!! Horrible timing... maybe the producers, could perhaps take some notes from "House of Cards" and "Political Animals"... and I understand this is supposed to be a "scandal" from a romance btw the president and an outsider, but both of them are becoming narcissistic pricks and I don't even care if they stay together, the show would be better if they actually found others to get involved with. Everything in Scandal just SUCKS lately!!!! Good bye "soap opera"... I'm done!!!!

My brain is now less functional than before watching this show!

Author: trojko700 from spain
1 August 2013

What appears as an intriguing storyline quickly reveals itself as a poorly executed concept. The acting is weak at best with the lead having only two facial expressions, the plastic surgery stiff face and then the weepy eyed look. The plot is hinged on the impossible and the relationship between the president and the main character is replayed in a pathetic unbelievable constant replay cycle.

The main point of contention is that the main characters are all very unlikable and guilty of what is an act of political terrorism as well as multiple murders, and they justify it this with the same excuse that all horrific characters use in cliché writing.

Make an intelligent choice and avoid this horrific attempt at television, once again proving that the private cable companies are still way ahead in the drama creation and execution. the big networks are really trying to catch up but just don't seem to have the ability to do so.

Brilliant show!

Author: kimcorn from United States
13 April 2012

I had stopped watching prime time shows because of the lack of quality and diversity in casting. But WOW, Scandal has me hooked! This show is just incredible, brilliantly written, directed, and acting-- I have been on the edge of my seat from the opening scene until the credits. I hope that this show gains fans and ratings. I know I'm telling all of my friends to watch! The casting is rock solid. Casting Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope is inspired. Tony Goldwin as the POTUS is incredibly powerful. The chemistry between the two of them is amazingly hot. I'm eager to learn more of their back story as well as that of the other characters.

Just not good

Author: hr-27 from United States
13 May 2012

This show is not very good. I have watched every episode hoping that it would find its legs, but sadly, it has not. The show is poorly written, the characters are very 2 dimensional. If you have watched T V in the last 10 years, you will easily guess what the characters will say and do. The shows repeated usages of characters saying "Olivia Pope" is irritating. The stories are so black and white no shades of gray. The stories each week do not fit into any current or past realities. The acting or directing is so poor I cannot figure it out. There is not real chemistry between the characters. The naïve character (Quinn Perkins) is so naïve you wonder why anyone would hire her. The tech guru/former black ops killer (Huck), does not that just sound silly. The slick, fasting talker (Harrison Wright), surprise, surprise is played by a black guy. Then there is the powerful smart women (Abby Whelan) who got beaten by her husband. The characters sound more like the cast of Leverage. The concept of the story is great but the execution is extremely poor. The show just does not have real passion behind it, then again how can you have passion or insight about this larger than life powerful black women who is having an affair with the President of the United States.

The more you watch it... the more ridiculous it gets.

Author: S-Corp24 from United Kingdom
20 April 2014

This show is becoming somewhat of a joke.

As it goes on, the ridiculous plots and the increasingly poor acting become too much to bear! One minute Olivia is in love with Fitz, the next minute she's in love with Jake.. this goes on and on until you're just sick of all three of them. The season 3 finale was just awful. I don't have the breadth of vocabulary required to properly articulate just how bad it was. The show is poorly scripted, and the poor acting only exacerbates the problem. Some of the plots are okay, but the execution is just bad ! I've seen Kerry Washington in other roles, she's not a bad actress, however, she's totally wrong for the part here. She's utterly unconvincing.

Seriously, if you're hoping this show will get better as you watch it, just give up now. It gets worse.

Not to be missed

Author: yuknow
24 May 2012

When Grey's Anatomy start going stale Scandal pops up. One of the best TV series ever. Every single episode leave you wanting for more! Starting off with the president looking scandalous to understanding the love he and Olivia have for each other. Fast pace keeps you guessing. Just not enough in your face dirty politics like 'Boss'. Something different from those boring same old monotone drama. 7 episodes in Season 1 is not enough. Till the last episode will keep you guessing who is the one that orchestrate all the things that happened. It is definitely one of the best TV series in 2012. Not to be missed most definitely.

The worst acting you can get.......

Author: Rakesh Ramachandran from India
29 June 2013

The cast in the show especially The title role actor is one of the worst actors i saw in a show. Its like she is overacting in every scene and am surprised she is the same girl in Django Unchained. Its horrible i couldn't watch the show more than three episodes. I wouldn't recommend this one to those who likes to watch meaningful drama with believable people.The supporting casts are equally bad and gets on your nerves.I am surprised that it has got a 7 plus rating here on IMDb , seriously people.The stories are all like unbelievable and the presidents character which should have been powerful is like a immature 16 year old.

Ridiculous Tripe

Author: mark635 from United States
24 October 2013

This is the worst piece of putrefied garbage I've ever seen.

My g/f asks me to sit and watch it with her..."Sure honey, love to join in with you." Makes her happy, right? That lasted exactly one and a half episodes. An hour and a half of my life I'll never get back.

The casting is way off, the acting is weak, Tony Goldwyn is completely unbelievable as POTUS! I'm sorry to see Josh Malina on this show, I thought he was good on The West Wing. BTW, if you like a decent political/White House drama, try the West Wing or House of Cards. This show is a bunch of salacious BS. Soap opera stupidity.

Never again my sweet. Call your girlfriends if you're going to continue to watch this tripe!

Season 3 ruined what could have been a good show!

Author: Gio85 from Spain
17 May 2014

Wow season 3 of Scandal was so bad it absolutely wiped out what Scandal had established in Season 1 and 2. For a political drama this show has now turned into a fantasy satire. Every character on the show is a villain. The president, the vice president and all of Olivia's love interests, as well as her entire family are mass murderers involved in some recycled Alias storyline that has been done to death. Olivia is no longer the strong, independent woman from season 1 and most of season 2, she is now a incompetent, weak cry baby who follows the president like a puppy no matter what he does or who he kills. There is no one to root for anymore as this is a show about terrible people doing ridiculous things. The acting is over the top as everyone in the cast seems to scream one line after the other and the dialogue is so unbelievable and clichéd. The show is now filled with cheap thrills and gimmicks(Hannibal would be proud of Mama Pope), taking itself so seriously yet offering nothing in return.

This show had so much potential but season 3 not only jumped the shark, it sunk the ship. I am sorry to say I have now given up this show which use to be must see TV!

Unless you like Danielle Steel novels, skip this stupid show.

Author: titus227 from Seattle, Washington
29 November 2014

This show seems like it was written by or written for delusional women who would otherwise be reading ridiculous romance novels. Nothing that happens in this show is based in reality and no one on the show is emotionally older than 15. Furthermore, none of the characters have a personality. It sounds like the same person wrote every ridiculous silly tantrum that the show tries to make into an impassioned speech ... every 7 minutes or so.

Olivia Pope is the biggest hypocrite I can remember in recent television, and Kerry Washington does a poor job with the acting, consistently coming off as a emotionally juvenile twit. She only has three faces: Hurt, Shocked and about to cry. She also throws herself at multiple men on the show and cheats on the married man she is cheating with. The entire show is pretty rough. I would have had a lot more respect for all actors involved had I skipped this disaster.

I hope I never see Kerry Washington in film again. She has the all the charm and scope of a mildewed washcloth and leaves just as bad a taste in your mouth.

Page 1 of 18:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]