"Spartacus: War of the Damned" Fugitivus (2012)"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" Fugitivus (original title)

« Prev | 15 of 34 Episodes | Next »

The heart of Spartacus remains beating.

Author: Jaymuller from United States
21 January 2012

Andy Whitfield will always be missed. His courage remains an inspiration to those fortunate enough to have known him as well as those of us who admired him from afar. He has far too many additional attributes to list here.

WARNING: The following review contains details constituting a SPOILER. If you choose to read further please keep this in mind.

The opening scene of Episode One "Fugitivus" of Spartacus: Vengeance is disorienting. One does not immediately recognize familiar faces and there is no context other than knowledge garnished from Season One, Spartacus: Blood and Sand. This does not lessen the satisfaction given by watching a few gladiators violently defeat many opponents. Overkill is defined. Spartacus invites Glabor to Capua through a not-so-instant message.

It is disheartening to learn of our beloved characters moving from slave hood to sewer dwellers, but the promise of a better future is a given. The goals of Crixus and Spartucus, reuniting with Naevia and revenge on Glabor are at odds. Glabor is given no choice but to respond to the aforementioned message. Learning from his past mistake, he no longer allows Ilithyia to wander far from his sight. The former House of Batiatus becomes their new residence. Ilithyia reacts quite appropriately upon discovering Lucretia yet lives. We are given a new character to hate in Seppius. Apart from a raid upon a bisexual, sadomasochistic orgy and the resultant blood bath, the sexual aspect was somewhat milder than Season One.

The best scene, hands down, is when Oenomaus is set upon by would-be bounty hunters. Their demise at his hands was fated to be so. Everyone should look forward to his role becoming larger. First, at his advice, soon echoed by Crixus then Mira, Spartacus is asked to be cautious in his quest for vengeance. It is only with the death of Varro's widow, Aurelia, he is swayed. The rest of the season is set up at this point. The band of gladiators will move south from Capua, freeing slaves and recruiting additional gladiators in their journey. There is sure to be bloodshed.

Manu Benntt is excellent as Crixus and Peter Mensah equally compelling as Oenomaus. Lucy Lawless is flawless. Stephen S. DeKnight's writing is no less than amazing. Many more kudos could be given. The heart of Spartacus remains beating in Liam McIntyre.

It is good but still without Andy it is hollow

Author: Onashi Basnet from Nepal
15 February 2012

The season starts - we all excited -everybody's got there own piece of vision - we all roaring "Spartacus"-"Crixus"; Foggy atmosphere somebody is running- who is it? Damn!!! Liam McIntyre as SPARTACUS. He tried his level best to make us wonder him as Andy.Superb job Liam, well done.

The First episode did tried it's best to keep the aroma of the previous seasons but i think, somewhere, they tried too hard to make it more better which spilled a little dirt on the scenes. The CG-I effects was to visible on the first quarter of the episode which later was nicely covered. It was more fascinating to see Lucy(Lucretia) back and Entry of Crixus as always. The 300 Visual effects we saw before was awesomely put into the scenes.

Over all, the first season will keep you wanting more of blood,sex and power and an amazing performance and story yet to be revealed.

The show starts slow, but eventually you get what you want.

Author: Alan H from planet movie
26 January 2012

I have waited for so long to see the first episode of season 2. Andy made ​​this series one of the best, it broke my heart when i heard he died. I cant blame the amount of viewers they lost. Andy was the reason people kept watching. Just to let all of you know, no one can replace Andy "The real Spartacus!.

The beginning of the first episode start's like it should be, you will like it! that's for sure. But don't expect that it's going to blow your mind like the first season. The show start slow with the first episode, but they also give you the feeling that there is more coming. I'm so glad they kept the 300 feeling in it. Liam McIntyre is amazing in hes role as Spartacus. I don't believe that it's going to be better that the first season. But.., who know whats coming next.

I cant wait to see the second episode.