IMDb > "The Office" Garage Sale (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Office" Garage Sale (2011)

« Prev | 135 of 188 Episodes | Next »

One of the best offices of all time!

Author: Michael Hurley from United States
25 March 2011

Not only was this office funny, but it was also very emotional and touching. When Michael said he was going to propose in fire I was laughing like crazy and Jim messes with Dwight, as always these two make a classic combo. This episode has a 5.4 right now on IMDb. But if you click on how it was broken down then you'll see that of the 23 votes, 18 gave it a 10, 1 gave it a 9, and 2 gave it an 8, then there is 2 people who gave it a 1. IMDb has a very good ratings system but it fails on this episode. Break it down and you'll find that this is popular among most voters. But now back to the episode. Like I said it was funny, but it was also touching. The way Michael proposes to Holly is just beautiful, he goes through all of the important moments that hes known her and it is very touching. The only bad thing about this episode is that we find out that Michael is leaving Dunder Mifflin with Holly to take care of her parents in Colorado. But we have a very good replacement for at least the next four episodes (hopefully more) Will Ferrel! He has the sense of humor of the Office and will be premiering his episode April 14th. I look forward to more great humor and heart form The Office.

A Truly Special Episode

Author: WalterMittee from Camping out near Eyjafjallajökull
26 May 2016

There is certainly a huge amount of love and respect amongst the ensemble of the cast. It is on full display in the group of episodes encompassing Michael's departure from The Office. But for me, this episode stands out as a shining example of not only the camaraderie that has developed over the years between the actors, but of the skills of the writers of this show.

The progression through which Michael takes Holly at the end of the show that showcases the moment he first saw and fell in love with her, to his proposal of marriage to her is absolutely breathtaking. And there is a moment during his proposal that ties them both to Pam and Jim in an unexpected way.

As we all know, we all have different reactions to what we see and hear. But giving this particular episode anything less than a 10 is hard to understand.