IMDb > Supernatural Activity (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Supernatural Activity

Supernatural Activity More at IMDbPro »

For what it was, it wasn't bad

Author: kieran-barnby92
21 August 2012

Personally, I don't like spoof movies, especially low-budget "indie" ones. However, I decided to give this film a go as I couldn't think of anything else to watch and I don't regret that decision.

While most spoof films fall apart storyline wise making the entire film unwatchable (which is natural for its genre given that it's pulling in all different movies) this one holds together quite well. The storyline is simple and easy to follow, it hints towards the parodies within it instead of trying to mask them into the story, and the actors, while not a-listers, played the roles perfectly.

It wasn't scary, or thrilling but it wasn't made for that purpose. What it's made for is the laughs, and they're definitely included.

It's not the best film in the world, but it's one I wouldn't turn my nose to.

Not Worth Your Time

Author: DoodleTurtle from United States
30 July 2013

Supernatural Activity really isn't worth your time - there are plenty of other movies that are much more worth watching. There are a few funny parts, but other than that it is a really lame movie. You can easily tell was made on a very low budget. From the beginning you can tell it is going to be bad. I know it is supposed to be a spoof, but it just seems so cheesy and not well made. The concept of the movie is actually pretty good, but the way it was carried out was not. The acting in the movie was not the best either. You would also think that because of the title, Supernatural Activity, that it would have some scary parts. This is what I thought too, but there really isn't anything scary in it, it is basically a cheesy version of one of those ghost hunting shows. If you really feel the need to see this movie, watch it on a pay per month service, where you are already paying anyway because this movie isn't worth paying you hard earned money to see.

May contain some spoilers

Author: retirega from United States
3 February 2013

Give this movie a chance. Every movie made has people of love it or hate. This is my first review of anything on here. I laughed till I cried. Not in all the parts but it was what it was supposed to be and I thought the actors all did a great job. There was some truly funny parts to the movie. Saw it on netflix with my daughter. My son came downstairs to see what I was laughing at. Then we all watched it. Enjoy this movie for what it is and you will be surprised. I didn't get all of the references-"believe" and my daughter had to point out some twilight ones. Loved the lost ones too.

Watch it without a lot of expectations and just enjoy it for what it is, silly and funny. I thought some of the actors were pretty good too.

Damon Dealor, a "professional" at dealing with demons, and his crew go to hickville to unmask the smallsquatch demon

Author: adamwproductions
31 May 2013

i thought this movie was hilarious. it contained smart jokes a lot of not so obvious references, yet some blatantly obvious. but a lot of people only saw the direct, purposely stupid, humor which made them think it was a bad movie. i honestly thought certain parts were pretty smart and one of the best comedies I've seen. i went on IMDb to find the creator to see what else they've made. i saw it had a bad review and thought id say what i thought. one of my favorite movies. its like watching a kids show today and realizing all the humor you missed because they had to try to entertain everyone. if you watch pay attention so you don't miss parts.

Still giggling! "Supernaturally funny!"

Author: Yuuki G.
24 March 2013

For actual movie quality, I gave it a 6/10, because, well, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary - some of the effects were badly done and unrealistic, but that was budget problem and a whole different issue. Whether bad quality/with low budget or not, the movie itself, LOL times 10! I'm a big fan of horror films, but I also enjoy silly spoof movies that just poke fun at some horror classics, and this is one had me laughing through most of the film! While, like I previously stated, the budget for making this film was certainly limited, for an indie film, they did a fantastic job, and the characters' randomness, play with words, and just idiotic sense of humor had me giggling (YES, GIGGLING) for a long time.

While surely when watching a movie we expect a story to happen (a story behind this, the oh so wonderful plot giving the movie validity!)...it's a SPOOF movie, so you can't expect that! Spoof movies were born and created for the purpose of twisting real movies into comedic ways that we couldn't have thought of, and those laughs we get when watching them because they are just "SO silly!"? That's the purpose of spoof movies.They don't have to make complete sense, they are there to make you laugh, and with "Supernatural Activity"'s randomness and silliness, Andrew Pozza, I'm waiting for more movies!! And with a higher budget, I can certainly see myself laughing even harder!

the story was rather good but where were the jokes?

Author: trashgang from Midian
4 October 2012

Spoofs, what the hell is wrong with it. Most of them just doesn't work. I have seen so many spoofs, most of them are a compilation of real horror flicks. And by doing so the script sucks.

Here the script do works, you really can follow the story without jumps towards a spoof on another flick. This is easy to follow but being a spoof the story doesn't make a flick. You really need a good joke here and there and that's were most US spoofs fail.

There wasn't any scene were I even had a wrinkle on my face from laughter. It just wasn't funny, the jokes were really childish and nothing worked out. Spoofs and comedies coming from the UK mostly do work but those coming from US do fail. And let me be clear, I'm not from the UK or US.

If you have early teens then they will laugh it out loud but for the horror geeks that can take a joke on the genre this doesn't work. Next time I will think twice before I pick up another spoof.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 0/5 Story 2,5/5 Comedy 0/5

A movie that could have been so much better

Author: Sean Palmqvist from Sweden
25 August 2012

The story line is very original as well as the acting. I don't really know how to put it in any other statement that would be passable. Even if this is a spoof it could have been done a lot more better. With more thought, planning and patience perhaps this would have delivered a better punch. I question though how movies such as this one can be released. I am sure that it is not a matter of budget seeing that a lot of movies with extremely low budgets can pull off something that is passable. With some extra patience and really going through all the details of the script would make a huge difference not to mention the impression it will have on the viewers. If some scenes do not feel right then they should be re-shot. In a nutshell this movie just wasn't really viewable.

A truly terrible film that ought to be avoided

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
1 January 2013

Found footage films also interest me, but regardless of the state of the budget I was at least expecting to see something that I could deem as worthwhile. Supernatural Activity is a film so bad that you have to look very long and hard to actually find anything to redeem it. The idea was sort of interesting so I'll give the movie that, but that is it. Even though I wasn't expecting for Supernatural Activity to look like high art, I was not expecting it to look as ghastly as it did. Choppy editing, un-atmospheric and obvious lighting, a setting that has been seen a thousand times before and better and shoddy effects are the anti-thesis of good movie making. The story is largely incoherent, first it is spoofing Paranormal Activity and then without warning it changes to spoofing The Excorcism of Emily Rose. Aside from it being dull and having no surprises or genuine shocks- any scares are done in such a predictable way- at all, the sudden change from one spoofing of one movie to another, the lack of explanation for the film crew following Dealer's Crew and the incorporation of the end lines from Blade Runner all suggest that Supernatural Activity and the writers were running out of ideas. Don't expect a good semblance of a script either, it is full to the brim with rubbish jokes that are not funny at all and the rest is just aimless filler. Also go and look for another movie if you are looking for characters to care for, Supernatural Activity brings almost every character stereotype it could find and makes the characters obnoxious with no adherence to any kind of characterisation. The acting is just terrible, with Andrew Pozza embarrassingly mugging his way through his role. All in all, truly abominable, film-making of the worst possible kind. 0/10 Bethany Cox

Worst Movie Ever

Author: derm54 from Manchester, England
23 August 2012

Well I saw this in HMV for £10 so I thought about it and opted against buying it, not heard of it before.

I then was looking through my On demand pay per view and saw it again and thought why not, why did I bother... Honestly, worst £3.95 I've ever spent and we didn't even watch it all, within the first 4 minutes we knew it was going to be a bad one, it was just not funny at all....we did do a few forced laughs but that wasn't at the movie.

Its not recommended in the slightest, I'm even thinking of sending a mail to the production company asking for a refund! YES it was that bad...

Oh well.. Anyway if you do choose to watch it.... be prepared....

Funny Movie

Author: kmix1987 from United States
22 August 2012

I think the one thing that must be remembered about this movie is that it is intended to be stupid with a nonsense type of funny motif.

Having said that, no it wasn't the best spoof movie, but for what it was, it was decent. I mean it did start off pretty weird, but after I realized what type of movie it was, I understood why it was actually decent.

Would I watch this movie again, probably, only because of the violent scenes between the girlfriend and the boyfriend, and the overall mindless mood that the movie puts you in.

Overall I did like this movie, the actors were a little weird, but it was a pretty funny movie and I think that it a lot of people won't understand it, because of what we're used to, but remember, it is a B-Movie.