IMDb > "Grimm" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Grimm"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Grimm" More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 16: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Please do your homework before insulting someones culture

Author: Simona Moon
7 June 2016

In season 2 episode 18, the gypsies are speaking the wrong language! The gypsies around Europe speak their own language that descended from India, every group has a dialect, it has nothing in common with the Romanian language. It is an insult to every gypsy to be mistaken like that. Hollywood, please do your homework and stop insulting such a vast culture and limiting it to a territory that has nothing to do with the language! How can a show be so documented about the German folklore and so less about other European cultures? This is very insulting on so many levels! It is not the only American show that makes this huge mistake and I know that there are people very upset about this situation!

Juliette has to go

Author: ghelaiz from Japan
4 June 2016

I enjoyed watching most of the episodes from season 1 to season 5 except everything about Juliette. Season 5 would be much better if they wrapped it all up this BLACK CLAW thing... I was so grateful when Juliette died and felt relieved that she was finally gone... But then she came back again as EVE, and I thought "OH WELL AS LONG AS SHE WON'T GET IN THE WAY WITH NICK AND ADALIND" I'm fine with that... But as soon as she got badly hurt and got healed from that damn stick...and woke up as JULIETTE again... I was like.."OK that's it I'm done with this show..." I personally like Adalind much better than Juliette for Nick. They have this chemistry which Is hard to define but believable. But with Nick and Juliette's I don't see any chemistry at all...like they were just reading their script just like that... Again, I prefer Adalind for Nick...it's much better that way.

Season Finale

Author: trajan96 from New York
22 May 2016

Grimm is a fascinating series. The cast is first rate and the Portland setting perfect. I think the show could ascend to even greater heights if it stays on the air. Nick could stand to become a bit more powerful, Hexanbeast like, to really be worthy of the fear the Grimm name allegedly strikes in to the hearts of Vessen. The fight scenes could be improved technically and accelerated as well. Also I think Sean Renard is much more appealing as Nick's ally than his enemy. There is something innately noble about him if he can overcome his demons. The Black Claw world domination arc has a ton of possibilities, as does the entire nether world of mystical forces. Here's hoping Grimm gets a chance to broaden its horizons.

'Grimm' Season Two

Author: PrivateBozz from Germany
16 June 2013

'Grimm' is a good show, solid and with heart, its major asset being the numerous likable and interesting characters and the diverse dynamics of their interactions. 'Grimm' is one of few shows that treats its own creations, be it characters or the world it establishes, with respect. And Season 2 does well in expanding the show's mytharc, which has been dormant for the most part of S1, and enhances the show by adding a fascinating background with a nice adventurous vibe to it. All this plus the high-quality acting and the well written dialogue that always rings natural, make this a show that is entertaining, yet can be taken seriously.

There's one big issue I have, though: I believe this show would benefit a lot from interspersing it with episodes that don't feature a case but take the time to focus on the mytharc and the characters. A lot of episodes feel rushed and crammed, many interesting interactions get interrupted by an incident (most often by a phone call), scenes are cut short when imo it would be more effective to linger on a certain topic. This is a feeling I had a lot while watching S2, and in the end it was hard for me to enjoy either MOTW or mytharc, because each took away time and focus from the other. The cases themselves are smart and original, and they are an important element of 'Grimm', but not every episode needs a new case to solve, especially not in S2 where the mytharc becomes more important.

Some other opinions about S2:

I liked Monroe more in S1, and I found the dynamic of the Nick/Monroe relationship much more entertaining when it was this secret liaison, but I know of course that things have to evolve and can't stay the same forever. So in some way I feel it's good where they are now.

Hank is a great character, but sadly most of the credit for that belongs to the actor who plays him. Apart from the story arc where he's struggling with his sanity this character has been completely underused, even more so since he's been briefed in S2. Before he'd been a part of the unaware world that most 'normal' people in 'Grimm' live in, a world that though not showing the complete picture, is the reality for a large part of 'Grimm's society. That's important, and bringing Hank over to the 'other side' has screwed with the show's balance in some way. I only need to look at the police station to see that something's off now, with Sgt. Wu being the only regular there who doesn't have a clue and Nick, Hank and Renard having their secret circle chats. It's not really a complaint, though, because when I ignore the big picture and look at the character of Hank himself I see that it had to happen sooner or later. It's the journey that makes sense for him, and he's also an important part of Nick's life, so it wouldn't be right to exclude him forever.

The same goes for Juliette. There were moments when I thought it was ridiculous how long they dragged out the 'not-telling-her', and I'm really glad it's done now, even though that too influences the show's balance in an unfavorable way. But I loved how she got back her memories, all those Nicks in and around the house was a funny, original and yet totally plausible way of portraying this.

A third revelation in S2 - this time one that has done 'Grimm' overall good - is Nick finding out about who Captain Renard is. Developing the relationship between Nick and Renard is one of the aspects that I'm most curious about at the moment, and I hope that S3 will focus a little on this constellation. Renard has become a fascinating character in S2, and right now he's probably the one I'm most interested in.

I love Nick. Every scene, no matter how insignificant, is fun for me to watch because D. Giuntoli nails it each time with his natural approach, never overdoing it, and by now I see Nick almost as a real being. But Nick in S2 was a mixed experience for me, especially in the second half, because this character, like the show itself, seemed to suffer a little from the lack of attention. It really is my main complaint: please ease it up, writers, let the dogs from the leash so they can run and sniffle around a bit. You created these amazing characters and this appealing world they live in, and I want to explore this for a while and delve deeper into it.

All in all I'm really glad that I gave this show a chance (especially since I thought the pilot was extremely weak), and I can't wait for S3 to start.

A big heartfelt Thank You! to everyone involved.

Grimmy tales

Author: esteband-96438 from Argentina
30 December 2015

Grimm is the kind of series that you can watch overnight without sleep. Its interest rate generated in the viewer something that few series generated. With original stories and mediocre effects , it earns a place within best fantastic series I've ever seen . Performances are very well both major and second actors. Seasonal closures leave you hungry for more something that i hate not to pass on another show. It has its well deserved score and I recommend it as fundamental to the series fan. Why not a 10 score? Its main objective was to achieve a series related to the stories of the Brothers Grimm , this idea She scrubbed by passing the series. Sometimes their effects Special leave much to be desired.

baby is already 2 months old or older

Author: Zelda Link from usa
8 November 2015

Adelind just had a baby 2 days ago and the baby already his umbilical cord is healed. It takes longer than a week for this to happen, they should have the baby wear something to wear covering his tummy, oops, someone did not think of this, makes the episode hard to believe that the baby was just born. sometimes they need to proof view prior airing the episode. the director should have caught this when scene was done. I still love the show, is different. I can only imaging how horrifying can be if these monsters were really true. I never care for Juliette, I like adelind better for nick if she truly becomes a good person. I can only hope.

The trailer

Author: rumexking from London
29 July 2015

Very good in the level of progression of the knowledge of the crew but the only issue or strange thing is the trailer because looks like a "doctor who" again with the expanding size maybe a change of the size to make it look more realistic. The integration of a variety of languages are also very properly done so as to convey a good amount of semantics through the languages with a multinational approach, however, the focus is too much to Austria. It is evident that viewers appreciate relative Geo-locational representation so if the series would like to improve on client base although it would be insane to represent every country in this world continental representation might be also a good development.

Enter a New World...

Author: Danny SF from Portugal
22 March 2015

If you wish to enter in a world of fantasy, full of hidden creatures and ancient mysteries, then this is the show for you to watch.

A thrilling TV series with a lot of drama, that will not disappoint you. A curious series that is turning more exciting to each chapter.

"Grimm" proposes that the stories told to us in our earliest childhood of dangerous and terrifying beings, actually exist.

You will not find a gem like Breaking Bad or Dexter , enjoying every second of his dialogues , performances and atmospheres. No, this is pure entertainment without much pretension.

I think this show is very captivating.

Fantastic show

Author: AmigaWolf
24 January 2015

The first time i saw Grimm i knew that this was gone be a great show, everything is great, the characters (the Actors) the story's, and most important i love all the people (the Actors) that play them.

I get the same family feeling as i had and still have with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you come to love the characters, you want to see more of them, people that know and love that show know what i am talking about.

And most important it's getting better and better every season, there are not a lot TV Shows out there that are getting better every year (season).

I am Counting the days till a new episode comes on the air, and there are not many TV Show i have that with.

I also love you don't see sex scenes in it, i mean like in Games of Thrones or Banshee, and i haven't seen any episodes yet were i think how stupid is he or she, why did he or she did that, and so on.

I love also that you have good fight scenes in it, it doesn't look like a bunch of amateurs actors fighting, it looks real, and thats what i hate about the TV Show Lost Girl, they all look like a bunch of amateurs actors fighting, really bad.

Also when they transform into something is beautifully done, i love how Rosalee Calvert (Bree Turner) looks like when she transforms, she looks very cute :-)

And all that makes for me that this show is getting a 10 from me.

If you love Fantasy and Action and also Drama and a Family feeling then this is your show, you won't be disappointed.

Superb , Brilliant Fabulous

Author: Dana Archer from United Kingdom
13 January 2015

This is one of those shows that you are not sure about to start with but then you watch it and you are obsessed. The characters are likable and the intense stories have you constantly on the end of your seat. Im enthralled and I think anyone who has doubts about this glorious show needs to get their ass onto Watch or Netflix and binge this show. David giuntoli is Amazing as Nick and supporting cast are wonderful in creating the perfect cast and perfect on screen chemistry. WATCH THIS SPACE AS I SEE AN AWARD WINNER ON THE HORIZON OR IF NOT THEN I SEE A CLASSIC IN OUR MIDST. Better than game of thrones This will go down in history as one of those shows that never get old.