IMDb > "Grimm" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Grimm"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Grimm" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 19: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Great show

Author: dcroft04 from United States
19 May 2012

There aren't many shows on TV that I bother to watch any more, but this is one. It has great characters, the plot has interesting takes on classic fairy tales,and there is just the right amount of mystery and hidden back story.

There is some awkwardness in the first few episodes of the season as the actors find their characters and the show starts to hit its stride. But Giuntoli's character is also being thrown into situations that he isn't prepared to deal with.

However, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) does an excellent job evening out the show and forming a kind of odd couple bond with Nick (Giuntoli). They have great chemistry on screen and it really adds a lot to the show.

And as you move through the season, more of the back story involving Nick's family and Renard (Roiz) is revealed in a slow burn. And the season then finishes on a few very big question marks.

Love this show!

Author: blissfulxlife from United States
11 November 2011

So far, so good! With the pilot episode, I was pretty much instantly hooked. It was one of the best pilots for a show that I've seen in a while. It truly gave you an in-depth look at what the show will be about and so far, it's quite entertaining. As the episode progressed, it had me wanting more and more. If it keeps this up, It'll be truly sad if it's ever taken off the air. Love the characters and great choice of main characters, the acting is good, love the set and the overall plot is very different which makes it well worth the watch. Need I say more? If you're reading this, you should try to give it a watch. I can't wait for more!

Well....not too bad, BUT...

Author: Katherine Byers from California, USA
16 April 2017

...I think the writers either got VERY lazy towards the end of season 3 or there was a case of mass insanity among them. I would tend to believe it was more of the former and they got LAZY! The stories became predictable, totally ridiculous stories ranging from super zombie grimm to goth girl grimm, with overly gooey, lubby dubby, couple smooch face, middle of the season stories. They should have canned the writers and brought some in that would delve into the separate character's backgrounds and story lines and histories. Too bad, this series had some possibilities and could have ran longer and the actors would still have work. Hope the writers suffered the same fate, employment-wise...In the future, remember Lazy=Unemployed.

Too quick of an end to an epic show!!

Author: Steven Fischer from Ontario, Canada
5 April 2017

We need a better mechanism for being able to pass on feedback to the cast of our favourite shows! :)

The cast for this show has been phenomenal! Great chemistry across the board. The writing has been great as well. Always twists and turns, keeping you wondering where they're going with this. And, to be honest, I'm a hard sell. Most times I'm guessing the correct ending after the first chapter in a detective story.

I was surprised that the ratings for this show weren't higher, that it got cut short - but glad NBC at least let them end it properly. And what an ending!!! :)

I really hope that NBC (or another production house) realizes what a missed opportunity this is and picks up the story with the kids (Kelly, Diana & the triplets) - and hope they integrate some (well, all would be amazing) of the original cast :)

Fantastic show!! Wish we had a few more seasons of it at least!

Grimm is Great!!!! A must see!

Author: jbatzel-70487 from United States
13 October 2016

I just finished season five, and I want more! I love this show! It keeps you on the edge of your seat wanting to know what happens next. It has a great cast of characters/actors. The directors, producers, writers, and everyone who participates in putting on this TV show does an excellent job! Two thumbs up! Every episode gets better and better, making you want to continue watching it. I had knee surgery and have been out of work on disability, and I knew I was going to watch Grimm from beginning to end. I have recommended this TV show to many friends and family who have not seen it yet to start watching it. I was told from other friends to watch the show because it is great! I loved every episode!. A job well done to everyone on the show! I am impatiently waiting for season six! Ha ha

Great show until Season 4

Author: marc from Interwebz
13 August 2016

My wife and decided to check out an episode on Netflix, S1:E1, and were instantly hooked and liked where we thought the show was going. It has great special affects, cool creatures, awesome multicultural perspectives on legends, comedy, a couple in love ( a rarity these days imo) and much much more. I thought this was no ordinary "soap opera" or above average show. We liked season 1 so much for an early birthday gift for my wife I bought the digital version of seasons 1-5. Then we reached season 4! Okay sure I get you need drama or action or intrigue to keep your "fans" / Viewers hooked and watching. Did you really need to ruin the relationship of Nick & Juliette? It was an instant and just about fatal turn off for us. Season 4 has made us wonder if we want to keep watching and it has certainly made us question if we want to buy another season! Season 1-3 AWESOME!! Season 4, not so much. I hope things are fixed in season 5 if not then we will likely stop watching : (

Never Knew Portland was so Dangerous

Author: view_and_review from California
12 March 2015

So far I've seen two full seasons so I have a large sample size for my review. Grimm immediately reminded me of Supernatural. For those who haven't seen that show, it is about two brothers that chase down ghosts, demons and monsters from legends and otherwise. I liked Supernatural for a few seasons then the characters kept coming back to life too much for me and they started introducing angels and other religious esoteric stuff.

Grimm has the same feel. Obviously loosely based upon the Grimm brothers' fairy tales, we are led to believe that the fairy tales are depictions of real creatures. Most people cannot see these creatures, known as wessons, but the Grimms can. The main character, Detective Burkhart, is a descendant of the Grimms hence he has the uncanny ability to see the wessons that hide amongst us.

The show offers some excitement and tension. With each witnessed wesson we find out more about them and about the Grimms. Now that I've completed two seasons and started season three the show has reached a saturation point for me. Now they've had a ghost, a "god", a fairy and other creatures. Furthermore, everyone in detective Burkhart's inner circle knows about wessons, Grimms, the trailer and just about everything. So, essentially there is a wesson-busters/savers team that has been formed. Not what I care to see. It was good when it was just he and Monroe solving these wesson related crimes. It actually added some intrigue that he had to lead a double life and keep his true identity secret from everyone, even his fiancée. That intrigue is gone so now the show has just taken on a regular crime drama feel with wessons being the criminals and victims.

So far all of the events have taken place in Portland. This is where Supernatural was so much better. Portland has had dozens of murders and unexplained events that are all wesson related. Spread that over and entire country, as was done in Supernatural, and it can be overlooked or ignored... put that all in one relatively big city and you should have a LOT of unwanted attention in that city. I mean, we're talking about Portland not Detroit. I just think it's absurd that just about every type of wesson, even the rare ones, have made their way to Portland. If there are that many in Portland wreaking havoc how many are in New York, L.A. or Chicago??? Somehow the writers have to come up with a way to expand the area of activity. Either that or move it from Portland to a more believable area for crazy and savage murders.

The show was entertaining for the first two seasons but now it has lost its appeal. Every week is a similar situation with different wessons. I can see that the show is going toward an ever expanding universe of wessons just to maintain some type of freshness. They've been in water, on land and underground. They need only take to the sky to have all terrain covered.

Fairy tales for grown-ups

Author: The Couchpotatoes from Belgium
16 February 2015

I am divided in two for this series. It's not exceptionally good neither really bad. The first season was a little bland and then I kind of enjoyed it a bit more. But there are still things that bugs me in this show like is half of the city of Portland a Wesen or what? Every time there is a killing it's a Wesen, and every time it's a different one, and if you have to believe Monroe every time this one is the most dangerous one. It's kind of repetitive and after a while it starts bugging you. But the worst part for me is Juliette, Nicks wife, played by Bitsie Tulloch. Is it just me or is she a really bad actress? I can't stand her, every episode I hope she dies. The rest of the actors are okay but nothing more. I just continue watching it because I like the transformations and the storyline is okay. It got a little better the last seasons apart of Bitsie Tulloch then... And again, this is not horror but fantasy. Don't get it why they categorize it in the horror section...

An entertaining take on fairytale monsters

Author: s3276169
31 January 2015

Grimm as the name implies is a fairy tale take on the monster hunter genre.

Cast in a similar vein to Supernatural, Grimm focuses on a monster hunter called a"Grimm" who is able to see beyond our world into another world populated by magical and mystical creatures. The interesting twist in Grimm is not all of the so called "monsters" turn out to be bad. Indeed, they are not really monsters at all but a secretive sub culture of human hybrid creatures known as "Vessen".

Grimm is an enjoyably creepy series that does not take itself too seriously.The development of storyline is cleverly managed, there is the real sense that the world we see is only superficial and there is another world waiting to be discovered.

The acting too is good. There is real chemistry between the cast members and its nice to see the lead happily share the spotlight.

Eight out of ten from me.

A slower fantasy drama that is pretty good most of the time.

Author: Shopaholic35 from Australia
8 March 2014

I do like this show. If you are into the supernatural then this is a good one for you. I love the fact that they don't rely on your typical fantasy creatures like vampires and werewolves but instead delve into the entire supernatural creature gene pool. Nearly each week a new creature is introduced and weaves it's way into it's place within the fantasy community.

As this show is a little slow it is more suited to a fantasy drama category then action. But it does have a horror element that makes the show darker and creepier. If you are looking for something with guts and 100% fierceness then you may not like this show. That is the reason I only rated it 7/10. Most episodes are great but occasionally you get a really boring one that drags down the show. I would suggest you stick with it though as it remains fairly strong and entertaining.