IMDb > "Grimm" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Grimm"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Grimm" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 14: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Juliette ruined it for me.

Author: kuashie from Ghana
2 July 2014

Where should I even begin, Juliettes character was so annoying that I quit watching it mid season 2. She adds nothing to plot and is only in movie to serve as a love interests. She is stubborn, acts like a know it all but knows nothing. She asks for explanation and when an effort is made to provide her with one, she starts acting all knowing. I mean what does she expect. The one playing her role even makes it worse with her bad acting and bad voice. Oh God if that is her character in real life, I would stay away from her, because she is boring and annoying.

I do not know who wrote her character or casted her, but that person did a very bad job.

Summery, Grimm without Julliete is 7/10. Grimm with Juliete is 0/10. When she appeared less in an episode, we had a very interesting series. But when she appeared more, the series was boring and annoying.

Love this show!

Author: blissfulxlife from United States
11 November 2011

So far, so good! With the pilot episode, I was pretty much instantly hooked. It was one of the best pilots for a show that I've seen in a while. It truly gave you an in-depth look at what the show will be about and so far, it's quite entertaining. As the episode progressed, it had me wanting more and more. If it keeps this up, It'll be truly sad if it's ever taken off the air. Love the characters and great choice of main characters, the acting is good, love the set and the overall plot is very different which makes it well worth the watch. Need I say more? If you're reading this, you should try to give it a watch. I can't wait for more!

Monster Squad

Author: hellraiser7 from United States
29 January 2015

Fairy Tales have always been my favorite stories since I was a kid, but they were also the darkest stories. Despite the fun fantasy it might sometimes display there was a flip side to the coin of those stories because by their nature most of them were horror stories. Those stories scared me but at the same time fascinated me because I was just as interested in the creatures as much as the adventure.

This is one of my favorite TV shows of all time, I really love the idea, it's a wild but cool and creative idea. What if all of the stories from fantasy are based/inspired by reality. And the authors of the famous Brothers Grimm were really monster slayers and one person was a descendant of them. In a way you can say this is a bit of a wishforfillment fantasy (ok, for some) the brother Grimms being your ancestors and being part of a bloodline of warriors that have the ability to slay creatures that go bump in the night, is cool and really comes in handy. This show is a combo of both the detective and fantasy genre which I think is a beautiful combination and makes sense since fantasy stories at heart are mysteries, whenever we first read them we never really know what land their in or what is there.

I really love the dark noir atmosphere the show has, from the use of the darkness and shadows it really has creates a feeling of a foreboding, mysterious and dangerous world where anything could be hiding withing the next shadow. It perfectly fits since the Grimm fantasy tales were always dark. On a side note the fact their their using the location Portland, Origon I think is really cool since my aunt, uncle and cousin live there, so it sort of gives it a sense of home and familiarity for me.

I like the design of the vessen monsters, there is a variety of them and each have different features so they'll never be in short supply. The makeup work on them I think is great, they look practical and real. The premise of them is a bit similar to the movie John Carpenter's "They Live" where these monsters hide in plain sight and walk among us.

The plots in each of the episodes are always different and colorful but most importantly intriguing and involving; you in the same boat as the protagonists as you are constantly trying to figure out what is going on and how their going to deal with it. There is a revolving plot going on which is intriguing in itself involving seven keys to open up and find a lost artifact which will give power to the one that finds it to rule or destroy the world. Though this revolving plot kinda takes a back seat and is more the subplot let alone maguffin device; because this is a show that is focused on the case at hand which to me I think is great because there is variety and each is always a new adventure. But also each of the plots and the vessen they deal with aren't just based on fairy tales but also myth and folklore from around the world which makes the show slightly educational.

The action is solid, it's well choreographed, it's not exactly wall to wall but this show is more of a mystery show than an actioneer. However one highlight of the battles are that Nick sometimes uses different med evil weapons which is cool because it shows he has a various arsenal and we see certain vessen dispatched in different ways which keeps things fresh.

The characters are also great, each of them are three dimensional, have dynamics, they develop and are involving.

Trubel/Theresa Rubel is great and is no doubt true to her nick name let alone last name. I really like that despite having the sight ability at an early age she is a rookie. She is always going into trouble let alone causing it intentionally or unintentionally. She is tough, capable of kicking some ass and she's cute and kinda hot, what can I say I'm attracted to bad girls.

But two of my favorite characters are Monroe and Rosalee both are vessen but good people. Monroe is sort of a humble guy and isn't looking for trouble but isn't afraid to confront it when need be. I like that he's a bit childlike from his great enthusiasm of the holidays, this guy knows how to decorate. And he's sort of a history buff as he's not just has a lot of antiquities but is knowledgeable about folklore, which makes him really useful.

Rosalee whom I think is cute and true to her vessen identity foxy. I really like that she is sweet and she is also useful as she is knowledgeable about special remedies, medicines, and magic potions which in a way makes he an alchemist, well sort of. I really like the chemistry between both Monroe and her both play off each other well and we see it develop into something more, let alone the fact both are a different vessen species which in a way makes them a bi racial couple which is cool. Even like it whenever both Juliettte and Rosalee both interact and work together which is always fun and evens things out since most of the show we see the guys have their own dynamics.

Grimm is not you usual fairy tale.

Rating: 4 stars

Trubel spoils the show!!

Author: maxamum from Australia
23 May 2014

Grimm has been one of my favorite shows until the producers decided to add a new character that is so annoying to the point of being unwatchable! I have always thought that the casting director did a great job until Munroes parents who were over the top and opposite to how they should have been! Munroes parents should have been highly educated and multilingual like Munroe and not a pair of red neck bigots who overacted!! Now the show has Trubel, a girl who doesn't know how to eat properly, doesn't listen to anyone and rides along with Nick and Hank while they do their police work.

The actress that they got to play Trubel is painful to watch and its obvious that David, who plays Nick, has to over act his part to make her look better! After 2 episodes, Trubel now knows more than Nick because she read the Vessen books which Nick has been studying for years! I understand that the producers are trying to appeal to the younger audience by adding a young character but although the story line is suppose to be fantasy, it is now idiotic and annoying! Nick tells Trubel to "stay in the car" but before he gets to "the car" she is out and chasing someone! I wont be watching Grimm anymore until the get rid of Trubel!

Less single-episode creatures, more creature/story development

Author: Mike-DD from Singapore
22 March 2014

This show started really well for me - almost a 10/10 in the beginning. It has a good main plot - a detective with special skills unmasking the various criminal Wesen in his hometown, who is also the target of several factions with their own agenda.

In the beginning, there are lots of single episodes which deal with only a single kind of criminal Wesen. This is good as it gives us a feel of the different creatures, as well as help slowly develop the characters of the main recurring Wesen cast. But now that there are other story lines developing from the main one: the Royal Family, the baby, the Resistance, the treasure map, his mother's activities, etc, I felt the show should now spend less, if any, time on single-episode creatures that have no bearing on the future of the show. It's a distraction from developing the main and other story lines.

But the show still manages to maintain my interest because it continues, albeit slower than I like, to develop the subplots into something potentially good. And the new creatures that are sometimes introduced are interesting, though I hope any new ones from now on actually have an impact on the current developing story lines.

Not grim at all, but delightful

Author: Eternalkid from Spain
13 February 2013

Rarely does a series move me to review it. But this one is quite special. The premise is almost like Monsters Inc where the little girl scares the monsters under the bed - just made for adults. And what a lot of monsters there are here! The possibilities are almost endless...

Vaguely based on the Grimm tales, this series transports those tales into the 21st century far better than any other recent attempt at it. Each episode is a surprise, some have major frights in them, though the one criticism I have is that the main character isn't "grim" enough.

But to me the revelation - and half the fun of this show - is the character Monroe, played masterfully by Silas Weir Mitchell - truly funny, bringing a human touch to the monsters on display... he truly deserves an award for his role in this.

appalling rubbish avoid at all costs

Author: macdougall_andy from australia
31 March 2013

If I could give it 0 stars I would.

Badly acted, poorly written, the only plus being Monroe as he seems to be the only person in the show who can act.

As others have said, you want fairy stories / demons etc ? There is a show that is a million times better, it's called Supernatural - and I don't even watch that but have seen a few of them.

Like your police procedurals but with a twist, humour, chemistry, great acting, great writing - Elementary.

How people can come on here and rave about this show and give it 8, 9 or 10 stars beggars belief. I can only assume that they are 8 years old.

garbage

Author: Zaphod from United States
29 August 2012

Well...Grimm is another one of those lame TV shows which are boring ,predictable ,and uninspired -you've all seen it before: but this time it's way more ridiculous.

The problem with it is simply everything: writing (story ,script ,characters...) ,direction (terrible) and acting (bad cast). The whole is just a big mess without any character developments nor plots -I mean a detective who has seen some gruesome crime scenes,but nothing prepares him for the strange regular people momentarily transforming into hideous monsters...? that's already a stuck story ,uninspired and boring not mentioning how limited and stupid it is...the whole attempt of it is pathetic due to the ridiculous sequence of events in every episode too.

Don't even bother watching it.

Fairy tales for grown-ups

Author: The Couchpotatoes from Belgium
16 February 2015

I am divided in two for this series. It's not exceptionally good neither really bad. The first season was a little bland and then I kind of enjoyed it a bit more. But there are still things that bugs me in this show like is half of the city of Portland a Wesen or what? Every time there is a killing it's a Wesen, and every time it's a different one, and if you have to believe Monroe every time this one is the most dangerous one. It's kind of repetitive and after a while it starts bugging you. But the worst part for me is Juliette, Nicks wife, played by Bitsie Tulloch. Is it just me or is she a really bad actress? I can't stand her, every episode I hope she dies. The rest of the actors are okay but nothing more. I just continue watching it because I like the transformations and the storyline is okay. It got a little better the last seasons apart of Bitsie Tulloch then... And again, this is not horror but fantasy. Don't get it why they categorize it in the horror section...

Great Mash of Supernatural Beings & Murder/Mystery

Author: LeDentalPlaque from Canada
27 December 2014

I started watching this show with my boyfriend a couple years back and really got into it. The CGI isn't top-notch, but if you can get through that, Grimm is actually not that bad. In fact, it's quite good because it presents viewers with a completely different world full of imagination and creativity.

A "grimm" is someone who can see the "hidden side" of certain humans, which may possess supernatural abilities or be monsters themselves. The main character, Nick, is a grimm and works as a detective to solve crimes committed by these people. Throughout these crimes, in each season there is a main plot or storyline that carries through each episode that keeps you watching so that you can find out more about what's going to happen next.

Over the past few seasons, a lot of new creatures have been introduced, and the creativity of the writers is great. I'm enjoying the ride with the world of Grimm, and I hope they continue to up their game and come up with more stories and subplots that can keep viewers entertained.

Great show with entertaining supernatural action scenes and strong musical score, so I give it a 10.