IMDb > Donkey's Christmas Shrektacular (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Carols on Shrek

Author: Prismark10 from United Kingdom
21 December 2015

Dreamworks Animation show that you can flog a jiving donkey as we have Yuletide Shrek spin off with a 6 minute cartoon short.

Donkey (Eddie Murphy) and other Shrek characters sing Christmas tunes with a version of Jingle Bells, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year and Jingle Bell Rock all with the usual Shrek trimmings.

Puss in Boots sings Feliz Navidad although he titles it as Fleas Navidad.

Dreamworks brings Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Antonio Banderas, Cameron Diaz and other regulars together. The animation is good and it zips along well to keep everyone in the festive spirit.

Collection of songs

Author: Thomas (filmreviews@web.de) from Berlin, Germany
10 November 2015

"Donkey's Christmas Shrektacular" is a 7.5-minute (5 without credits) Christmas special by Walt Dohrn and Raman Hui that has the gang getting us into the holiday spirit with some musical numbers and Christmas food, which was pretty disgusting though. My favorite was probably "Fleas Navidad". All in all, this one here does not really add a whole lot to the franchise, but it is a decent watch for Shrek fans and it's nice to see they got basically all the big name actors from the "real" movies. Of course, the animation is always nice as usual. One of the better Shrek-themed short films (and there are quite a few of these) and overall, I enjoyed the watch and I recommend it. Thumbs up. Oh yeah and it's always nice to see these little dragon donkeys. They are so cute and amazing.

Not a very good Xmas short

Author: atinder from United Kingdom
15 August 2013

Donkey, Shrek, and all the characters from Far Far Away. come together to celebrate

the holiday season by singing classic Xmas song in funny twist it way.

I did not like this short at all, it didn't find any of the songs that funny at all, however it did have nice xmas feel to it

and the Animations was really good in this movie and voice was sound fine with moving of animation

None of song really stuck in my head, which is a really good thing,

and I going to give this movie

4 out of 10

Cute Short

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
17 July 2012

Donkey's Caroling Christmas-Tacular (2010)

** 1/2 (out of 4)

This spin off from the SHREK series isn't going to win any awards but kids should find it entertaining. At just six-minutes there's really not too much going on outside what the title offers. Donkey (voice of Eddie Murphy) has a group of friends over to sing Christmas tunes and we get re-worked version of songs like Jingle Bells, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year and Jingle Bell Rock. Again, I'm sure children are going to love seeing their favorite characters back in this short, although I think adults might not be quite as entertained. I say that because while the re-worked songs here are cute enough, I think the film would have been much better had the original versions been sung. In fact, I'm sure many children are already familiar with the classic originals so even they might have had more fun with them. With that said, the animation is fairly good and there's no question that quite a bit of imagination went into the production. The re-worked songs on their own are quite imaginative as well.

A quick celebration of the 'Shrek' universe.

Author: J-Hunt21 from United Kingdom
4 October 2011

There's little to be said about 'Donkey's Caroling Christmas-tacular', as it is merely a swift celebration of the 'Shrek' universe. Unlike the films, which have an emotional tie for Shrek's character, this short is lacking a sense of story progression, which is a small shame in some way because 'Christmas-tacular' marks a return to eccentric, unrelenting humour in the manner of the original film and the first sequel; that is, a constant barrage of visual and verbal puns that the producers behind the third and fourth movies could not quite replicate, despite their best efforts.

Every one is catered for with screen time shared equally between Shrek's ever-popular family and friends, the joy of which is found in discovering the festive season through the perspective of a flea-ridden cat, or a living party snack. It is characterisation like this that contributes to the endearing nature of the series.

'Christmas-tacular' doesn't quite hit a home run like 'Shrek the Halls' before it, as that short successfully intertwined a simple plot that added the necessary weight to contain the sheer madness that punctuates nearly every moment of this franchise. However, Donkey's festivities are a great way to kick-start your own Christmas season.