IMDb > Evidence (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Evidence

Evidence More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

This was fun, nothing more should be expected

Author: smoke0
9 July 2013

I don't get the hate for this movie based on the reviews so far, as it certainly isn't trying to be an Oscar contender.

This is a well done found-footage film with a welcome twist.

My only complaint has to do with the cop story in the beginning. The hints at a deeper backstory for the haunted-looking cop were completely pointless, as he ultimately served no purpose other than to provide a small detail that is of some significance later on.

From that point on, however, the movie takes off, and other than the red-herring police story, the film was enjoyable, fast-paced, and worth watching.

Let me wake up and write my review

Author: iraz from United States
1 July 2013

This film is a mess. By the time all the details have been revealed, I could not have cared less. I generally will watch found footage films, even though I am often disappointed, however I don't remember being less interested in a found footage film than I was in this one. I was interested in seeing this film, I enjoyed "The Fourth Kind" (the director's previous effort) and I like the actors in the film.

I found myself unable to get involved in the plot and it just did not generate any suspense which is vital for a found footage film. Whatever kind of film you are making, you are trying to tell a story and if you lose viewers at the beginning it's awful difficult to get them back interested. Hopefully, the director's next effort will be more successful. All I can say is skip this one!

Is someone tampering the evidence?

Author: OJT from Norway
9 February 2014

What a start this film has. A frozen picture of a crime scene, taken by a low flying drone camera, like nothing I've seen. A bit was resembling the 2001-film Swordfish, but still this was amazing. It immediately lit my interests immensely. Some obviously CGI, but still a haunting start!

This is another take on the found footage genre. But different. Some kind of meta theme in the footage as well. This is evidence found on a couple of phones and video cameras at a crime scene. At the start of the film we get a glimpse of what have happened, but what lead up to it. No one at the crime scene is alive to give any explanation. The tape shows a group of youngsters arriving at a desolated place with a lot if abandoned trucks and houses.

Like most found footage, this is both annoying and exciting at the same time. A genre difficult to immediately like, but still interesting in many ways.

The fourth outing from American director Olatunde Osunsanmi, and the first I've seen. Though there's a lot of cameras around, there's a lot of not so likely here towards the end, before whole film takes a twist, making it more likely after all.

Smart film, with an interesting plot. A good, twisting found footage flick, most of all recommended to the fans of the genre.

Massively reviled but also massively entertaining

Author: bob_meg from United States
16 December 2013

Granted, I am a fan of Found Footage movies, but I found myself consistently floored by this film...and in a good way.

"The camera never lies," claims Burquez (Radha Mitchell). Burquez and a team of detectives sit down to piece together footage shot from a multitude of camera and camera phones found at an abandoned gas station in the middle of the Mojave desert, the site of a brutal mass murder. The victims are all passengers on a tour bus bound for Vegas.

What happened?

Let's just say it's better you know absolutely nothing going into this film, except for the bare bones setup. Found Footage films can be quite painful if the lead characters are boring or, worse, annoying. In this case, I actually found Rachel and Leann (Caitlin Stasey and Torrey Devitto) to be rather interesting and fun to watch in a valley gal sort of way. They don't seem particularly smart and are altogether rather ordinary, which makes the situation they find themselves in all the more unexpected and alarming.

Olatunde Osunsanmi gives us just enough enough video footage, realistically hacked together, to keep you feeling jarred and disoriented throughout, and John Swetnam's script and story are as outrageous as it is frighteningly plausible. Never did understand why so many didn't "get" this movie and equally puzzled why almost every critic who saw it panned it.

Evidence is a combination of the Blair Witch Project, a really good slasher film, and a disturbingly immediate social commentary. It follows no template and takes a lot of risks. Which many good films have been hated for.

Terrible movie

Author: jjcbiochem from United States
4 July 2013

I watched this after thinking the trailer looked good. Huge mistake. It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The camera work is horrendous! The plot sucks and takes way to long to build the story. It's a shame because the concept has potential but the execution in this case was a huge fail. There are plenty of found footage films that are entertaining. They should have focused much more on the investigators and their analysis of the found footage. Instead they choose to focus on the showing us sub par camera work but do a terrible job of revealing interesting clues to keep the viewer interested. I'm shocked this film was released in its current form. Don't waste your money.

really good for 5 minutes maybe 6

Author: random4ever from New York City, United State
13 June 2014

starts out semi interesting and it all goes down hill. every once in a while something happens that gets your interest and keeps you from dozing off. unfortunately you start snoozing again just to snap out of your slumber just long enough to open your eyes for a moment. like other reviews that says this movie is not on par with good movies is correct. total watchable parts of the movie is about 5-6 minutes long, the rest is a wast of time and space. think about what makes a good movie and then wonder why this has none of that stuff in it. they could of made this film a lot more fun if they showed some nudity or had humor, drama, good dialogue? just about anything would of made this movie almost memorably for more then the time spent watching it.

you been warned

Simply an awful film

Author: Dave Goodman from England
11 October 2014

May contain a spoiler in reference to one character. I can say in all honesty this is one of the worst, most predictable films I have ever seen. I am not a fan of 'found footage' or 'first person' type movies but thought I would give this one a go and I can see now why I don't like them. The acting is terrible,the pace is slow, the storyline is dire and is no more than a poor first attempt at a group of students movie. I feel like I have just been robbed of about 90 minutes of my life I shall never get back. Do yourself a favour, instead of watching this movie go into the bathroom and one by one pull your toe nails out it will be more enjoyable and far less painful. I have never heard of any of the actors but one or two look famiiar and lets hope they move onto something more intelligent. What else I cant understand is why do they have the pathologist aged about 20, incredibly overweight and stood eating a burger and drinking a can of drink having obviously just missed a crucial item of evidence. Pathologists are highly skilled and intelligent people in the real world. I suppose I should remind myself it isn't the real world.

Slow start, pumping end

Author: varacier from Suva, Fiji
2 February 2014

First three quarters of the film is not suited for this genre. Basically the later twists in the film is what makes this movie amazing.

Things i liked :

- Never saw it coming in the end quiet honestly. - Harry Lennix was the best acting in the film while the rest were average, nothing creative really. - Some great scenery in the beginning. - More of a thriller than horror.

Things i disliked:

- Pointless scenes - Crime investigators were quiet redundant in my opinion. - Audience would wonder what might have happened to the murder as it wasn't clear in the end.

DVD worthy, not Cinema :)

The Ultimate Movie Review! - http://tss5078.blogspot.com - @tss5078

Author: Tss5078 from United States
26 December 2013

In the desert of Nevada, police uncover one of the most brutal crime scenes they've ever seen. There are a ton of bodies that are so badly mutilated, that they can't even tell if their victims are male or female. There is also an overwhelming lack of evidence, that is except for one small mini-cam found amongst the ruble. Evidence was one of those films that wasn't great, but wasn't terrible either. There is enough going on that you will keep watching it and you will be glad you did! Watching as many movies as I do, I tend to figure things out pretty quickly, and I was sure I had this film figured out early on. As I got to the end of the film, I was sure I knew what happened, and I was somewhat disappointed at the predictable story. Then, the writers throw a huge twist into the plot that you will never see coming and it really makes the whole film. Evidence quickly becomes one of those films that will keep you thinking about it long after the credits role, and too me, that is the best kind of movie. No one of name really stars in this film and there really aren't any stand out performances, it's just one of those movies that stands on a strong story. I usually hate these cheaply made, found footage films. The plots are lazy and they rely on cheap scares and effects to make people jump, but Evidence wasn't like that. The film starts off really slowly, but gets better and better leading up to an ending that no one will ever see coming. If you like a good mystery with that amazing twist in the end, Evidence will delivery exactly what you're looking for.

Good hybrid of found footage - regular movie

Author: Fernando Saravi from Mendoza, Argentina
25 August 2013

I rented this movie mostly because I like the lead actors - without very high expectations. In fact, I'm quite tired of found-footage movies. However, watching it was a very entertaining experience. First, because the director nicely blended the two kinds of shots, showing alternatively what could be seen in the recovered footage and what was going on in real life, mostly at the police department. Second (spoiler alert!) - and this is by far the main reason why I enjoyed this movie, because it wisely questions the basic premise of most, if not all, found-footage movies - that is, that the video remains can provide some valid knowledge of what really happened, however incomplete the resulting picture might be. Now, what happens if the found footage is not really what it seems in the first place? I found it really worth watching. Eight out of ten.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]