MOVIEmeter
SEE RANK
Up 1,972 this week

Scenes from the Suburbs (2011)

 -  Short | Music  -  March 2011 (USA)
7.3
Your rating:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 -/10 X  
Ratings: 7.3/10 from 1,456 users  
Reviews: 5 user | 6 critic

Directed by Spike Jonze, Scenes from the Suburbs is a half-hour short film inspired by Arcade Fire's Grammy(r) award-winning album The Suburbs. Hailed as "absolutely f--king gorgeous" by ... See full summary »

Director:

0Check in
0Share...

Watch Now

From $0.99 on Amazon Instant Video

User Lists

Related lists from IMDb users

a list of 3095 titles
created 25 Aug 2011
 
a list of 37 titles
created 31 Dec 2011
 
See
a list of 23 titles
created 03 Nov 2013
 
a list of 39 titles
created 10 months ago
 
a list of 24 titles
created 7 months ago
 

Related Items

Connect with IMDb


Share this Rating

Title: Scenes from the Suburbs (2011)

Scenes from the Suburbs (2011) on IMDb 7.3/10

Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.

Take The Quiz!

Test your knowledge of Scenes from the Suburbs.
1 nomination. See more awards »
Learn more

People who liked this also liked... 

Documentary | Short
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 8.1/10 X  
Directors: Lance Bangs, Spike Jonze
Stars: Lance Bangs, Lynn Caponera, James Gandolfini
Short | Comedy
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 7.2/10 X  

A guy and a girl play copycat with each other from opposite sides of the street, that is, until a slightly abrupt & uncopyable event occurs.

Director: Spike Jonze
Stars: Rico Bueno, Lauren Curry, Mark Gonzales
Sa.TX (2013)
Drama
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 -/10 X  

SA.TX follows the journey of three denizens of the music venue the White Rabbit, as they intersect with their friends, loved ones and sometimes enemies. The characters are forced to decide ... See full summary »

Director: Tyler Remmert
Stars: Louie Arnette, Michael Cantu, Travis Carlisle
Documentary | Short
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 6.6/10 X  
Director: Spike Jonze
Stars: Clint Barr, Bryan James 'B.J.' Bowden, Charisse Fruge
Pavement: Slow Century (Video 2002)
Documentary | Music
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 7.7/10 X  

Documentary tracing the existence of noted rock band Pavement from 1989 to their final performance in late 1999. The DVD also compiles all of their music videos, rare live footage, audio ... See full summary »

Directors: Lance Bangs, Kim Gordon, and 4 more credits »
Stars: Stephen Malkmus, Mark Ibold, Scott Kanberg
Yeah Right! (Video 2003)
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 8.3/10 X  

A skate video created Girl Skateboards in 2003.

Directors: Ty Evans, Spike Jonze
Stars: Richard Angelides, Stephen Berra, Brandon Biebel
Short | Comedy
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 6.9/10 X  
Director: Spike Jonze
Stars: Beastie Boys, Mike D, Adam Horovitz
Animation | Short | Comedy
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 7.2/10 X  
Directors: Simon Cahn, Spike Jonze
Stars: Spike Jonze, Pierre Le-Tan, Soko
Pretty Sweet (2012)
Documentary | Sport
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 8.3/10 X  

This is an epic tale of two gangs, like The Jets and The Sharks. But Girl and Chocolate aren't even gangs. Some of them act tough and some of them act like babies. But they are even more ... See full summary »

Directors: Ty Evans, Spike Jonze, and 1 more credit »
Stars: Vincent Alvarez, Brian Anderson, Kenny Anderson
Choose You (2013)
Short | Comedy
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 6.3/10 X  
Directors: Spike Jonze, Chris Milk
Stars: Joel Marsh Garland, Dree Hemingway, Vanessa Hudgens
The Vampire Attack (Video 2010)
Short | Horror
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 5.5/10 X  

A young boy walks on a cemetery and is scared. Does he have a chance to escape the vampire?

Director: Spike Jonze
Stars: Spike Jonze, Max Records
The Suburbs (2011)
Short | Action | Comedy
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 -/10 X  

Four students plan a robbery which goes horribly wrong.

Director: Joe Panther
Edit

Cast

Cast overview, first billed only:
...
Kyle
Paul Pluymen ...
Winter
...
Zoe
Ashlin Williamson ...
Paulo
Zeke Jarmon ...
Zeke
...
Crossvine Cop 1, Soldier 2
Sarah Neufeld ...
Crossvine Cop 2
Sienna Blaw ...
Sienna
Richard Reed Parry ...
Kyle's boss
Daidy Hurst ...
Baby
Zoe Honeybloom ...
Baby
...
Vicky
...
Border Cop, Soldier 3 (as William Buchanan)
...
Terrance
Régine Chassagne ...
Suburban mom / Mrs. Mochapaldi
Edit

Storyline

Directed by Spike Jonze, Scenes from the Suburbs is a half-hour short film inspired by Arcade Fire's Grammy(r) award-winning album The Suburbs. Hailed as "absolutely f--king gorgeous" by INDIEWIRE at its U.S. premiere at 2011's SXSW festival, this collaborative effort between Spike and the band is a part of Arcade Fire's The Suburbs Deluxe release. Written by Anonymous

Plot Summary | Add Synopsis

Genres:

Short | Music

Edit

Details

Official Sites:

Country:

Language:

Release Date:

March 2011 (USA)  »

Company Credits

Show detailed on  »

Technical Specs

Runtime:

Color:

Aspect Ratio:

2.35 : 1
See  »
Edit

Did You Know?

Goofs

When Winter quotes about the 'kiss rule' given by 'Will Smith' in Hitch he says that the man must approach 60% towards the woman, then she kisses him back in the other 40% of the way. But Will says in the 2005 film that a guy must go 90% of the way with the girl covering the remaining 10%. See more »

Quotes

Crossvine Cop, Soldier: What are you kids up to?
Kyle: Nothing. Just a little up dog.
Crossvine Cop, Soldier: What's up dog?
Kyle: Nothing much. You?
[laughs]
Crossvine Cop, Soldier: You're under arrest. Take it easy.
See more »

Connections

References Hitch (2005) See more »

Frequently Asked Questions

This FAQ is empty. Add the first question.

User Reviews

 
Scenes From The Suburbs -
28 June 2011 | by (United Kingdom) – See all my reviews

I just finished watching Scenes From the Suburbs on www.mubi.com where it was posted on Monday and I have to say that it was very good. "Scenes From The Suburbs" is about a group of friends who live in a town that appears to be in some sort of local war. However, the film does not explicitly mention why the town is at war and it is focused more on the teenagers as they grow up over the summer. The young actors, particularly the main one whose name I cannot remember, are great and felt authentic. The cinematography was beautiful and I think Spike Jonze did a great job at directing. I liked how the music by Arcade Fire felt natural for the film. However, I can't help but wish it was a little bit less ambiguous and I think I enjoyed the music video for The Suburbs more than Scenes From the Suburbs. Overall, I enjoyed "Scenes From The Suburbs" and I think that if you love Arcade Fire then it is a must. Also, this just makes me eager to see Spike Jonze's next project.


20 of 23 people found this review helpful.  Was this review helpful to you?

Message Boards

Recent Posts
DVD cmpowell83
Winter Attack elbrocko
watch it online only 27-28th June s-jamorska
It's on iTunes cmpowell83
Discuss Scenes from the Suburbs (2011) on the IMDb message boards »

Contribute to This Page

Create a character page for:
?