IMDb > "The Being Frank Show" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Being Frank Show" More at IMDbPro »

Delightful

Author: maddyschmidt352 from Canada
31 July 2014

Im a sucker for Canadian anything!!! I love Canadian films, productions of any sort. This show is cut from a different clothe and I feel thats why its just so delightful and different. I can appreciate this show for what it is and its simply good old fashioned entertainment and that it isn't a big massive production but it brings forth massive pleasure and the feel of something greater! I like the Host and Co Host relationship. I feel they play off of each other. I like the staging and the intimacy of the studio audience and how close they are to the stag. I enjoy the music because lets be honest, when do you really ever get to see a host sing and do it well at that?! it's little things like this that bring forth something really remarkable and delightfully so!!

Likable show

Author: clivefred66 from Canada
31 July 2014

I just started watching this late night TV show and im sort of hooked on it. It's like spending time with friends in a real and intimate setting. No rehearsal, no cuts just real unedited chat between a host and his guests which comes off as if they were all good friends long before the show. I liked the host as I felt he made his guests always feel at ease and with just a little charm, seemed to interview nicely through the banter of the band and co hosts. Throughout the shows I've watched thus far I found myself laughing at hilarious outtakes and jokes. The show is just raw and impractical yet wildly entertaining and I look forward to many more seasons.

Cant get Enough

Author: crystalluv91 from Canada
16 July 2014

I have been marathoning this show for days now and I cant seem to get enough! I really enjoy the guests, the humour and the laid back hosting and atmosphere on the set. The interviews are so natural and unrehearsed which is a refreshing take on late night scripted TV. I enjoyed the various artists, actors and musicians that have been on the show. Nice to see some older well recognized faces and the up and coming. It's especially wonderful to have a Canadian TV show that is small in studio space but mighty in entertainment value. The host is quite humorous and a talented singer which you don't always see. Frank's guests seem to enjoy themselves on his set which really comes through in the interviews and the ease you can easily see when watching.

Painful ... so painful.

Author: Mark Cheers from Toronto, Canada
8 February 2011

I was up late one night, I think it may have even been Christmas Eve after I returned from visiting family. I stumbled onto this show, and I could not believe how painful it was to watch - it was like a proverbial train wreck -- terrible, brutal, yet I couldn't look away. It was an episode with Mike Bullard. Frank (the host who I had never heard of), looked unprepared, his jokes were flat, and the audience (all 10 of them) looks like the only reason they were there were for free beer. I encourage you to watch for the sheer experience of watching - certainly not because it's quality.

And to top it of, he had one guest who was a proficient musician (name I cannot recall). Frank complimented him on his new CD (which he had in his hand), and then the guest corrected him - it wasn't his CD - it was done by students at a local university who he mentored/directed, etc.

pathetic

Author: gazoo-1-906688 from Canada
14 March 2011

this guys ego is the size of taj mahal! lets see...he hosts his own show (an infomercial), does his own commercials for his food/drink brands (owns businesses in food/beverage industry), sings (he also peddles his own cd at commercial)and writes (he pushes his autobiography throughout his show). With his nasty comb-over and crappy outfits, frank is completely unfunny, irritating and the worst interviewer of all time. one of my favourite moments was the show he had al pacino on...he spent the whole show plugging this big interview with pacino and in the end its 10 minutes of the worst interview (i speak of frank not Al) i have ever seen. pacino was never "on his show" it was frank somehow cornering him at a charity function on a sofa where frank practically sat on his lap....hilarious!! wake up CHCH...are you really this desperate for $$$.

Awful

Author: gusfaute from Canada
17 February 2011

This show just stinks.

I can't say much beyond that but I have to get to ten lines apparently? OK then.

The set stinks, it is just a curtain and looks like it is in somebody's gram-ma's basement.

The audience looks bored and I don't blame them I bet they were all paid to sit there.

The guests are boring and the host asks them really stupid questions and they are always just awkward with each other, case in point he made Theo Fleury sing with him.

The writing is the worst, they clearly have a joke book from 1915 and he tells awful jokes.

The band is OK that is the only thin okay about this show but the host sings with that band so I take it back, any band he sings with can't be OK they must stink.

This show is the worst, what a pathetic effort I hope CHCH gets it off the airwaves soon enough.

Please use your money for good causes.

Author: brianrubywood from Red Deer Alberta
1 February 2013

Horrible show, no talent!! Get off the air!! Just shows money buys anything. Please go away and realize you stink!! How is one suppose to write ten lines about a horrible show with a guy who thinks he's a somebody but in reality the dude is a no body, just a fool with too much money and no talent. Is an embarrassment to all Canadians; what if people outside of Canada saw this crap????? Hang your head in shame and get off the air. You are the reason that the internet and pay t.v. is a bad thing!! What does your family think? God I hope you don't have any kids; other kids probably beat the crap out of them because of your show. Everyone needs to have a dream, but there is a time when we all need to wake up and realize it just isn't going to happen. Please do all us Canadians a favor and STOP thinking you have talent, use your money for good causes, save some dogs and cats, feed the hungry, do something that does not cause people pain and shame.

Not entertainment whatsoever

Author: jfeist441404 from Canada
20 November 2011

If I had to guess, I'd say there are no professional writers employed by this "show". The jokes (if you could call them that) were likely conjured up by the host himself. I know 12 year old kids who tell better jokes.

As mentioned, the production is indeed paid advertising. Frank D'Angelo pays two local stations (one in Hamilton, Ontario, the other in Montreal, Quebec) to air the programming. The show is also carried on Rogers video on demand service. Somehow--according to Frank--this qualifies as a "nation wide" show.

Production quality is low; and captured in front of a small audience in the basement of a restaurant.

Presumably the production ostensibly exists to promote products sold by D'Angelo. However, these products are rarely--if ever--found in retail stores. One can't escape the feeling that D'Angelo is merely promoting himself, rather than energy drinks or cooking oil or rapini.

D'Angelo also touts contests ad nauseum. Contests which seem to go on for years. The majority of his "monologue" drones on about said contests.

Good Gawd!

Author: dantemenardino from Toronto
31 August 2013

Canada's biggest, tackiest DOUCHEBAG. The guys a total nut job and probably a dangerous one. Stupid + Money + Mafia = Narcissism gone awry. Why this guy finds the need to attempt to be famous is confounding to everyone except those in his clique that kiss his ass probably because they work for the guy. My Uncle's an old NHL'er that did a Steelback Beer Commercial and they said after the players took a sip they spit it out and said it tasted like crap. The modesty node in this guys brain is totally damaged. Besides shilling and shameless self promotion he is also known for being charged with sexual assault and paying off cops and politico's to get off, then being charged with obstruction of justice.

LOL how does this exist?

Author: hersh_david from Canada
3 June 2013

This is one of those rare train wreck shows you hate but just can't take your eyes off of. I have never in my life seen a show like this before or since. I even went to a live taping but couldn't get in because they locked the doors to tape it. The host is terrible it's like watching a real life Waiting for Guffman he is totally full of himself without the talent to back it up -- decent singer but not great to be a singer alone but no other talent to go along with it. He's an awful interviewer and his joke telling is the worst. He tells stories that go nowhere. He is selfish with his guests and even straight up rude to them. The guy obviously has money to burn since this show is paid for advertising time and all the ''commercials'' running during it are his own company / products. You have to watch it just to see that it actually exists I would expect this in a former soviet bloc country or the third world but not in Canada! If there is a worse show I haven't seen it yet.